The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-23-2014, 12:38 AM   #1
panaboy95

bracing full vert conversion

I recently bought a 1983 blazer with a full vert conversion done on it. it is not a bad job. the doors are going to have to be replaced. and it is a little rusty in the rockers. My question is how are people bracing the body on these. It does not have rocker boxes. it is braced right now with a roll bar that angles to the floorboard. but i do not like it. it is a pain to get in the truck and my wife said she will not drive it the way it is. I was wondering if anyone had some pictures of how they braced the cab. i was thinking of putting some square tubing under the floor. I am putting envoy seats with shoulder harnesses in it and need some support under the floor anyway to secure the seat good to the body, since the seat belts are in the seat. Here is a picture of what i have now. This has to go. don't mind the mess truck was sitting between two grain bins for a year and some furry friends took up residence in it.

panaboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote