The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-21-2017, 12:23 PM   #1
twaters24

1970 blazer top ?

I bought a 1970 blazer it is basically just a shell. The people before me turned it into a truck. I have got the truck cab cut off and i cut the roof about 6 inches back from the windshield for now becuase i wasnt sure at time what i would have to do if i find blazer top. When they put the truck cab on the cut the pillars on the windshield frame about 2 inches down and the same on the truck cab they put on. So now I am needing to replace the top part of the windshield frame. I havent had any luck finding a fiberglass top for it in my area. So i was wondering if there is any difference in the size of the 73-75 ones because there is one of those that also comes with the half top close to me. So i guess basically i just need to know if i buy the windshield frame for a 73-75 blazer if it will fit and if the fiberglass tops are the same size.
twaters24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:34 PM   #2
truckster

Re: 1970 blazer top ?

I think if you were really good at fabricating you might make something work, but the geometry is going to be really different. I think it would be extremely difficult to make it work.

But I've seen some crazy fabrication skills that tell me to never say never.
truckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:03 PM   #3
1rippen6

I'm parting a blazer right now that has the windshield frame it will need some work but it's better than using a 73-75 PM me your email address and I can send you some pictures. If you want to take a drive I can sell you the top also south central PA.
1rippen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:53 PM   #4
Maximus

be patient and look around, a 73-75 top isn't the answer. other than the doors and windows never fitting, you would also never have a rear window. wait it out, you will find a proper top. people sell blazer window frames as well, they will come around.
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote