The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #301
77ChevySharkBite

Re: 78 silverado stepside her names 'Quicksilver'

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybuilder18 View Post
Your right but thats what gets you motivated into jumping on it, looking for better knowledge, any guy that tells you not to do this and that would most likely already done this stuff on his vehicle or made a mistake... trial and error is the best way to share info and this forum has it... im glad i joined 47-present chevy trucks.. theres more info in this forum on the trucks and theres also nicer people here. go to another site you tell em your plans and you get either judged or ignored..
Yeah there's some that are just like that I mean I've been lucky and the forums I've joined I'm on 2 truck forums both have been great, friendly, and helpful when I needed. Now I've seen some issues arise and peoples accounts being suspended but there's always that 1 person out there that has to be the bad guy. It's been great I enjoy this one like you said you've met a lot of people and when you submit an idea people take it and go with it or they'll point you into maybe a smarter direction.

77 C10 Silverado Sharkbite LWB Build
67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
06 Dodge Magnum 2.7v6 aka swag wag!
2010 Honda Accord 2.4I4 DD aka Liquid Metal
77ChevySharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #302
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
Yeah there's some that are just like that I mean I've been lucky and the forums I've joined I'm on 2 truck forums both have been great, friendly, and helpful when I needed. Now I've seen some issues arise and peoples accounts being suspended but there's always that 1 person out there that has to be the bad guy. It's been great I enjoy this one like you said you've met a lot of people and when you submit an idea people take it and go with it or they'll point you into maybe a smarter direction.
Well this up coming 3rd of the month imma put the truck together... getting holleys alternator and powersteering bracket and puting that on.. getting new gasket for the tranny and then 3 gallons of RTF Dexron mercon.
chevybuilder18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #303
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Well this up coming 3rd of the month imma put the truck together... getting holleys alternator and powersteering bracket and puting that on.. getting new gasket for the tranny and then 3 gallons of RTF Dexron mercon.
Nice!!! looking forward too it man, going to be suuuuuuuhweeeeeeeeeet!!!!!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 10-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #304
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Nice!!! looking forward too it man, going to be suuuuuuuhweeeeeeeeeet!!!!!
yea but the snows gonna start falling and its getting cold so imma be out in some snow suit putting it on
Old 10-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #305
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
yea but the snows gonna start falling and its getting cold so imma be out in some snow suit putting it on
take pictures of that snow cause us Texas boys don't know about it!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 10-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #306
chevybuilder18

Quote:
take pictures of that snow cause us Texas boys don't know about it!
oh its suppose to be snowing now but you never know.. maybe the 3rd will be dropping some.. just when i get lucky Illinois whether very hard to predict
Old 10-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #307
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
oh its suppose to be snowing now but you never know.. maybe the 3rd will be dropping some.. just when i get lucky Illinois whether very hard to predict
Haha reminds me of texas one day burning up next cold as can be or raining just depends

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 10-31-2013, 09:04 PM   #308
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Haha reminds me of texas one day burning up next cold as can be or raining just depends
well, i didnt mention the Camaro i had before the truck, did i? well i just so happen to let the truck go for the camaro... but truck isnt finished and my brother inlaw owns it now.... that means... i can update both camaro and project aka "my baby" Quicksilver on this thread.. hes really a funny guy and intelligent, been asking when he will update this thread and this forum with his wisdom... I did it because of the LS swap and he like sqaure bodys, but not one has he ever known this valable... lmao
Old 10-31-2013, 10:04 PM   #309
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
well, i didnt mention the Camaro i had before the truck, did i? well i just so happen to let the truck go for the camaro... but truck isnt finished and my brother inlaw owns it now.... that means... i can update both camaro and project aka "my baby" Quicksilver on this thread.. hes really a funny guy and intelligent, been asking when he will update this thread and this forum with his wisdom... I did it because of the LS swap and he like sqaure bodys, but not one has he ever known this valable... lmao
Well sorry to hear about letting the truck go at least it stays close and can't wait to see the camaro and see what your going to do with it. So once you get a thread on that post up a link here so I can follow it too.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 11-07-2013, 02:44 AM   #310
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Well sorry to hear about letting the truck go at least it stays close and can't wait to see the camaro and see what your going to do with it. So once you get a thread on that post up a link here so I can follow it too.
Im thinking a nightmare camaro, scariest third generation camaro you ever heard, and scary fast.. its a 91 rs camaro.. A 427 cubic inch big block, with a T10 behind it.. Lmao and the 78 quicksilver pickup is gonna be running.. nothing like hearing that electric fuel injection run for the first time... im buying my bro in law a quart of RTF (racing transmission fluid) and a 10 dollar tranny gasket.. even though the truck doesnt run, the money i put into it out weighs the camaro.. so help is gonna be needed. and the whole point is to keep track of the truck.... the camaro is running right now with a Throttle body Injected 350, originally a TBI 305 with a weak as* 5 speed... they switched both the rear and the tranny out.. it did have an limited slip diff but i dont think so now
Old 11-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #311
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Im thinking a nightmare camaro, scariest third generation camaro you ever heard, and scary fast.. its a 91 rs camaro.. A 427 cubic inch big block, with a T10 behind it.. Lmao and the 78 quicksilver pickup is gonna be running.. nothing like hearing that electric fuel injection run for the first time... im buying my bro in law a quart of RTF (racing transmission fluid) and a 10 dollar tranny gasket.. even though the truck doesnt run, the money i put into it out weighs the camaro.. so help is gonna be needed. and the whole point is to keep track of the truck.... the camaro is running right now with a Throttle body Injected 350, originally a TBI 305 with a weak as* 5 speed... they switched both the rear and the tranny out.. it did have an limited slip diff but i dont think so now
Sounds like you got a plan for that camaro so lets do it, post up some pictures when you get a chance I want to see it.

Well at least the truck is in a good home and you know where it is, so best of luck to your bro in law hopefully it'll be running soon!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 11-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #312
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Sounds like you got a plan for that camaro so lets do it, post up some pictures when you get a chance I want to see it.

Well at least the truck is in a good home and you know where it is, so best of luck to your bro in law hopefully it'll be running soon!
good news, bro in law found a 4.8 liter with accessorys, will be running soon now. ive also got another surprise
Old 11-15-2013, 12:16 AM   #313
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
good news, bro in law found a 4.8 liter with accessorys, will be running soon now. ive also got another surprise
Thats great news!!!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 11-25-2013, 01:06 AM   #314
chevybuilder18

imma mess with the 350 in my car, bore the engine 30 over and make it a 355...
new connecting rods and pistons. im gonna invest a budget of 1000 dollars in the valve train.. that includes the camshaft, valves, valve springs rocker arms, guideplates, studs, and the pushrods..
Old 01-18-2014, 11:54 PM   #315
chevybuilder18

Well I decided I wanted my truck back because it has the 5.3 liter in it. My intentions for it now, ls6 camshaft, twin turbos, and a good tune. Of course I'm gonna fix the bed with some fresh lumber.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:48 PM   #316
chevybuilder18

Tomorrow is gonna be fun. I may not have the money but I do have a welder. I'm gonna fashion my own transmember. Since I have angle iron laying around I think it'll be easy. There's another positive thing I may do to the truck. I'm gonna check and see if I can remove the egr tube from the exhaust manifold so it clears the frame.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:50 AM   #317
chevybuilder18

Yes!! I have the alternator and powersteering bracket for the truck! The correct one finally... After obtaining it, ill never go to the pick and pull in said city were I got my engine, cause I got a better source of parts elsewhere in a different city that actually keep there harnesses and brackets on there engines. Lol. I imediatley wanted to call the guys who sold me the engine for making me go elsewhere and spend most of what have should have been spent on other things instead of a new harness. I digress though since its my fault for falling for easy and cheap engine for sale. Well anyways, I got the new transmission gasket since the one that is on it has been leaking since I jacked the tranny up by the pan so ill have to do that also the pan isn't clearing stock crossmember so ill have to make one of angle iron on hand. Fuel pump I got lying around in a MPFI v6 buick car tank, looked up specs, and says it puts out 65 psi, correct amount for the 5.3 LM7 fuel rails, also has the built in fuel regulator. For this swap ill have to go without a high pressure cooling system, and opt for a 160 degree thermostat since I'd like to keep my stock radiator and stock heating core, which are atleast 32 years old. All I need to do is figure out how to connect the CS130D to my piggy back wiring harness system. Also have the correct throttle cable for efi, came from a 99 tahoe with a 350 vortec. Plan on doing this, but another obstacle is the exhaust manifold egr on the passenger side. I'm going to take it off, and since I have a mig at my finger tips ill cut the egr opening flush off the manifold and weld some steel angle iron or aka bed railing on. I reassure you tje manifolds are cast steel. Wish me luck!! Any advice on the CS130D and the pcm, and the truck harness, let me know