The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
ysmitty

55-59 Chevy Trucks--SHOW ME YOUR WHEELS!

Hi everyone. I am looking for some help selecting the look and the right size tire and wheel for the truck. So here is what I got.

It’s a second series 55 with a 75 Camaro clip in it with the stock Camaro front suspension and the Camaro rear axle with the original leaf springs. I have C-notched the frame and flipped the rear axle to get the truck low and level. I am pretty happy with the way that it sits. The bed is stock and I don’t want to tub it. I have a set of wheels that I hate that came with the truck. They are 15x8 with some offset and now that the truck is lowered they are just barely rubbing on the rear fenders. I want to get another set of tires and wheels and the choices in sizes and types are overwhelming. I am looking for the widest possible tire and wheel that will fit. I am hoping your experience will save me lots of time and aggravation.
Also anyone that is willing to post some pictures of your truck with the wheel sizes would be of great help. I would be curious to see what other people have chosen and the way that it looks, from old school steel to some of the new alloys…show me what you got!

The first two pictures are crummy shots from my cell phone. The third is Cal’s 58 GMC, an absolutely beautiful truck that I use for inspiration and I love the look of his wheels. (He is running air suspension and has the bed tubbed)
Attached Images

Last edited by ysmitty; 11-14-2009 at 01:30 PM. Reason: clarifying details
ysmitty is offline   Reply With Quote