The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-01-2018, 02:19 PM   #1
chevyguy_72
Vintage Evil

Stock Fuel Filler with new Boyds tank questions

I recently purchased the boyds welding EFI tank with the 1.5in filler he makes for Blazer applications...
I have a couple questions to bounce off you guys...

For the main filler I'm planning to upgrade the elbow to 1.5in as well and then have a reducer from the stock 1-3/8 filler neck to the 1.5 elbow thats hidden up in that square shaped cover on the driver side...
Does anyone see any probs with this?

NEXT

the vent line...
The tank has Roll over vent that has a 5/16in barbed fitting... the current filler neck has a 1/2in vent line size...

Im trying to figure out what the best approach is here?

The options i have thought of are:

* Trying to find a 1/2 to 5/15 adapter that is fuel safe and splicing them together...

or

*Blocking off the vent from the filler and then just hooking the tank vent to a line that has a small filter on the end...

Im sure other guys have installed this tank and am wondering what you did with these items...

Thanks
Evil Twin - 2006 Suzuki M109R
EvilDmax- 2018 GMC 2500 Denali Duramax
chevyguy_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 01:34 PM   #2
chevyguy_72
Vintage Evil

Re: Stock Fuel Filler with new Boyds tank questions

Just in case anyone else runs into this issue in the future....
I did end up using the filler solution below...

As far as the vent line i ended up finding a larger rollover valve on ebay from an RV with a 1/2in fitting line for the vent... this was a suggestion from another member here and worked out great...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyguy_72 View Post
I recently purchased the boyds welding EFI tank with the 1.5in filler he makes for Blazer applications...
I have a couple questions to bounce off you guys...

For the main filler I'm planning to upgrade the elbow to 1.5in as well and then have a reducer from the stock 1-3/8 filler neck to the 1.5 elbow thats hidden up in that square shaped cover on the driver side...
Does anyone see any probs with this?

NEXT

the vent line...
The tank has Roll over vent that has a 5/16in barbed fitting... the current filler neck has a 1/2in vent line size...

Im trying to figure out what the best approach is here?

The options i have thought of are:

* Trying to find a 1/2 to 5/15 adapter that is fuel safe and splicing them together...

or

*Blocking off the vent from the filler and then just hooking the tank vent to a line that has a small filter on the end...

Im sure other guys have installed this tank and am wondering what you did with these items...

Thanks
Evil Twin - 2006 Suzuki M109R
EvilDmax- 2018 GMC 2500 Denali Duramax
chevyguy_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:42 PM   #3
Blazerowner

Re: Stock Fuel Filler with new Boyds tank questions

I went through AZ performance to get mine. They are a vendor here. I've mocked mine up and it fits well. I never thought about the vent sizing, but I think I would just do a line and filter and not worry about the stock line. One thing to be aware of is the original tube would go in front of the body mount. Their tanks neck goes behind the body mount. So if your filler is still all there you may have to cut it. Mine was already cut so its just a matter of running a new hose.
Blazerowner is offline   Reply With Quote