The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-15-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
YoungBurb88

Pineapple Baked Chicken

Made this while having two children who don't like pineapple in house and they loved it. So even if you aren't the biggest pineapple fan this may still be something you could try and like.

*Note - I made a huge batch so if you need to feed an army you can follow the recipe as is lol

Ingredients:
  • 1 Large Can Sliced Pineapple -----)
  • 2 Sticks Butter
  • 3 Tbs Sweet Basil
  • 3 Tbs Oregano
  • 3 Tbs Parsley
  • 3 Tbs Paprika > Sauce
  • 2 Tsp White Pepper
  • 2 Tsp Ginger
  • 3 Tsp Garlic Powder
  • 3 Tsp Black Pepper
  • 2 Tsp Celery Seed
  • 6 Tbs Honey
  • 4 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce _____)

6 Lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
3 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Instructions:

Prepare Sauce-
For Sauce Preparation you will only need 2/3 of the listed seasonings as for the initial sauce, the other 1/3 will be used for the optional flavor adjustment later. While preparing sauce pre-heat the oven to 375 Degrees F.

In a large sauce pan melt two sticks of butter over low heat and drain the can of sliced pineapple into pot with butter (save pineapple slices for later). When butter is completed melted add in 2/3 of the Seasonings, the Honey and Worcestershire Sauce:
  • 2 Tbs Sweet Basil
  • 2 Tbs Oregano
  • 2 Tbs Parsley
  • 2 Tbs Paprika
  • 1 1/3 Tsp White Pepper
  • 1 1/3 Tsp Ginger
  • 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
  • 2 Tsp Black Pepper
  • 1 1/3 Tsp Celery Seed
  • 6 Tbs Honey
  • 4 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce

Mix thoroughly and simmer for about 5 min, adjust flavor to taste as some may want more pepper for more spice, more of an herb flavor or a sweeter flavor. Remember to stir occasionally while simmering.

Prepare Baking Dishes-
While the sauce is simmering take two large baking dishes and line each with 1 - 1 1/2 Tbs of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Use a spatula to ensure that the olive oil is spread all the way up the side of the dishes to help prevent sticking or burning of sauce to the baking dish.

First Baking-
Place chicken breasts in oiled baking dishes in a single layer and pour half of the prepared sauce into each dish. Be sure and pour some over the top of each breast. Now distribute the pineapple slices from earlier over the tops of the chicken breast and bake for 30min at 375 Degrees F.

Flavor Adjustment (optional)-
After the first 30 min baking period you will remove the chicken from the oven to adjust the flavor, if you don't desire a strong pineapple flavor or just want the seasonings to pop a little more. During the First Baking mix together the remaining amounts of seasoning in a bowl to be distributed over the chicken evenly.
  • 1 Tbs Sweet Basil
  • 1 Tbs Oregano
  • 1 Tbs Parsley
  • 1 Tbs Paprika
  • 2/3 Tsp White Pepper
  • 2/3 Tsp Ginger
  • 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
  • 1 Tsp Black Powder
  • 2/3 Tsp Celery Seed

Once the chicken has been in the oven @375 for 30min turn the heat down to 350 Degrees F and remove the chicken from the oven. At this point you will evenly distribute the remaining seasoning over the the chicken breasts and pineapple slices.

Second Baking-
After reducing oven temp to 350 Degrees F and completing the Flavor Adjustment (if you chose to do so), put the chicken back into the oven for another 30 min. Once this baking period has been finished it will be ready for serving.

Also during this period you can prepare the side dishes for this meal, my suggestions for sides would be a Simple Buttered Pasta and possible corn and/or cooked carrots.

Simple Buttered Pasta
Prepare your favorite kind of pasta, I used Colored Rotini, and slightly under-cook the pasta. Drain most of the water off the slightly under-cooked pasta and return past to the stove set medium low heat.
Add:
  • 2 Tbs Butter
  • 2 Tsp Olive Oil
  • 1 Tsp Black Pepper
  • 1/2 Tsp Ginger
  • 1 Tbs Honey
Gently mix in the above ingredients to make a lightly sauced and seasoned pasta to accompany the chicken. (you may need more of each ingredient, depending on the amount of pasta fixed) Once the butter sauce is melted onto the pasta remove from heat and cover until chicken is finished.

Plating
Serve with chicken in center of plate topped with a slice of pineapple (if you like it) on a bed of the buttered pasta. Drizzle some of the excess chicken sauce over the pasta. Finish by placing some of the cooked vegetable on top of the pasta on either side of the chicken. Finally, take a picture to post to this thread and enjoy.

I would love to see how yours turns out be it an attempt to recreate mine, a rendition/variation on it or whatever. No matter what you do with this recipe I would love to see pictures of it, and as always Let Me Know What You Think!

(in the pic you can see that I made a Simple Butter Pasta and mashed potatoes to go with it - double starch, not the best choice for health buuut It Rocked Soooo I'm over it )
Attached Images

Tim Hawkins - Free Bird Parody
YoungBurb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:46 AM   #2
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: Pineapple Baked Chicken

Torture... looks and sounds amazing
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
Jerry Jones
Happy Camper

OMG that looks fantastic!
Old 08-25-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
YoungBurb88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Jones View Post
OMG that looks fantastic!
Why thank you
You should see it with the Pineapple Slices, I'm kinda disappointed in myself for not taking more pictures lol

Tim Hawkins - Free Bird Parody
YoungBurb88 is offline   Reply With Quote