The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2011, 12:11 AM   #1
blazed870

First Time Bagger.... trying to cup LCA's

i just got my manual paddle valve setup from from way2lo2. He shipped it the same day I placed the order and it all came in a nicely packed box. Great guy to talk with on the phone.

Now I am trying to plan the install with the only modification for now being to cup my lower control arms. I read Spray-Bombs how-to and looked at KEV2809's build thread as well and just wanted to clarify some things before taking the plunge.

To get the right spot to cut the hole out of the lower control arm, just mount the bag to the upper control arm via the mounting plate(also purchased from way2lo2). drop it down onto the lower and mark . I am using 8" pipe that is 2 1/4" high with Airlift Doms 2600 against others recommendations to go bigger pipe or with a different bag.

Now this is where I have some questions. Once I have the hole cut out and my cup ready, should I try and angle the cup so that the bag sits in straighter? Or should I just weld it in with the bottom of the cup level with the bottom of the control arm?

If any one has done this was there anything you recomend or tips in this process?

I'm going to have more questions about the actual air suspension install, but I feel I will be going at a slow pace as I have been working 60 work weeks for the better part of 3 months(hence the money for the air suspension ) So I am just trying to get one thing done at a time.

I know most guys like pictures, so I will try to get some pics of my truck as it is now, the setup I bought and take some pics as I go. Let me remind you, I am by no means good at any of this, but I can't learn if I don't try. And I have found THIS awesome forum with so many helpful people from all around.

Wish me luck
Mickey
blazed870 is offline   Reply With Quote