The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2018, 07:59 PM   #1
dmjlambert

Momentary foot switch

I have a project brewing that calls for a momentary switch. I'm thinking about a foot switch. I would like something that is nice and solid like the hi-lo beam switch, and I also like that way it is mounted with a couple of screws and you push it straight down. I have thought about the foot operated starter switches, but I'm not liking the way they mount at an angle.

Has anybody modified a hi-lo beam switch to work as a momentary switch, or know of a switch of similar size and construction to buy? I have searched the web over and came to the end of the internet without finding anything interesting. I have found some that fit in a hole in the floor, and I would rather have it mount on the floor and all the wiring be above-floor, like the hi-lo beam switch is wired. And I have found cheap plastic switches, but would rather have something I know is going to last for many years.

So, does anybody know of a sturdy metal switch that is momentary, mounts on the floor surface, and you push it straight down to make contact and contact is released when you lift your foot?
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote