The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-11-2011, 10:36 PM   #26
Erik V

Re: Resurrection of a Family Friend

Why has the driver side exhaust seemed much louder than the passenger side since the resurrection?

Why has the rear chamber of the master cylinder been going dry? Replaced master, and when bleeding the rears I found fluid dripping out the driver side drum. Yeah-pads were hosed, so I bought new ones. Drums were hosed, and already too far out to be turned, so I bought new ones. Went to install everything and found the star adjusters were also hosed, so I bought new ones. Geez, so the only original brake componants left are the lines themselves. This pic cracked me up, the cool looking paper package is Made in the USA, whereas the chincy plastic bag part was made in China. The US part had a "R" stamped on the part for "right side", but the Chinese part had no such ID. Took a call to the parts store to figure that one out since I started with the L, and didnt open any packaging until after calling.

Backseat mount setup, add-a-links holding factory seat belts in place, and holding the seat's frame to the eyelets bolted to the floor:

Went out for some topless errand running, this is how he looked just before I put him back inside the garage:

Next up, get my slotted mags moved onto these tires and be done with the rusty smoothies sans center caps. Also gotta reclean the passenger rear brake light bulb socket-some corrosion growing in there messing up brake light and blinkers on that side.

Erik
Erik V is offline   Reply With Quote