The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-27-2001, 10:56 PM   #1
bgbchevy

Post body lifts

I am looking at buying a 3 inch body lift, and would like to know if there is anything I should be worried about. What brand would yall suggest? And would $150 cover the whole price with all the needed extensions?
It's a 2WD 72 Chevy with a 402 BB

------------------
1972 Chevrolet C/20 LWB, BB 402, Tach, Bedside Toolbox, Posi, Factory AC, Factory AM/FM

[This message has been edited by bgbchevy (edited 10-27-2001).]
Old 10-28-2001, 11:12 PM   #2
MADRAD

Hey,

There is plenty to worry about. Body lifts are concider to be a poor mans lift. Some problems are that body lift need a alot of TLC. Cause since you are going to use longer hardware to install the kit you'll need to retorque all the bolts ever so often. That is a major pain. Plus, you just can't buy the body lift. You need to concider the bumpers, drivetrain aka stick shift, and streering arm that will need to be adjusted. Also, not to mention the task of lifting the body to remove the old mounts and installing the new one. Hope you have alot of pizza and BEER to feed your frinds. Cause you may have a real hard time trying to it by yourself with a hard to fit jack. Oh, I forgot to bring up that real ugly open space between the body and frame rail. EWWWWWWWWW!!!!!
If you want to lift your truck. Please do it the safe way. Spend the cash and get a suspenion lift. There is less hardware to mess with and you can even do it all by yourself with a floor jack..
Body lift are kind of ok if thats all you can afford. But with all my eyes had seen in the truck world, 4x4, 4x2, desert racing, mud runners, street etc. Where body lifes had fail and cause more damage than were cheaply worth.
Hope this helps. Of course this is one person opinion so far.
Rock on People!!!!

------------------
74 Chevy K-5 Blazer. 572 Tall Deck Big Block Chevy, 4spd auto, 205 T-case, Dana 60 front limited slip, Corp 14 bolt rear lockers, with 4:88. Working on a 4 link coil over spring front suspenion with 63inch leaf link rear suspenion. Running 35 to 38 inch tires on custom 16.5 bead locked rims. 8 point roll cage and lots of other goodies. Its my money pit land boat, but I love it!!
I'm the third owner of this 74 Chevy K-5 Blazer mostly stock back in the day. Since the start of the build up the truck now has a 540 Tall Deck Big Block Chevy, 4.5 bore, speed-o-motive 4.25 stroked crank, 10 to 1 pistons that are 60 over, 800 CFM performer carb on a 454-0 aluminum intake, Brodix 2X aluminum heads with full rocker cam and 7:1 lifters. hooker heads with 2" primary and 4" collectors to a pair of flowmasters. A preped 700R4 rated to 700HP, 205 T-case, Dana 60 front limited slip, Corp 14 bolt rear lockers, with 4:88. Working on a 4 link coil over spring front suspenion with 63inch leaf link rear suspenion. Running 38 Ground Hawg tires on custom 16.5 Trail Ready bead locked rims. Custom dash with Auto meter gauges, Bear custom seats, 8 point roll cage and lots of other goodies. Its my money pit land boat, but I love it!!

MADRAD is offline   Reply With Quote