The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-21-2020, 10:06 PM   #2601
72 tigger

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Noticed davischevy’s quote at the bottom of his posts and thought of this pic
Attached Images

Kirk
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 12:07 AM   #2602
Killer Bee

Happy Father's Day y'all!

Old 06-23-2020, 08:41 AM   #2603
special-K
Special Order

I stopped by the upholstery shop yesterday while taking care of errands up in Frederick, my city. The city has grown to a huge sprawled out bedroom community with all that Generica has to offer. I've known it as always having anything you wanted. A lot has changed but the old Frederick is still there if you know what you are looking at.

Joe's Upholstery has been my shop of choice since the '70s. It was Don, about my age, and his dad, along with a couple hired guys. Don's son Ronnie started into it once a young adult, and now his son is working there. It was never unusual to have a couple folks in chairs by the door just hanging out chewing the fat. It was like the old general store. I'd stop in pretty much any time in town. We are friends and fellow classic vehicle fans. The dad had an ochre and white '72 Cheyenne Super Custom Camper and I ended up buying the same color '71 Cheyenne Custom Camper. That was the first truck of mine that got a correct reproduction seat cover on, that he installed. He made the white tonneau cover for it and I ended up having him make all new covers for the camper cushions. He would always see my truck and say "I need to restore my dad's truck". He hung onto it over the years. I remember it was outside at a rental property (with big garage Don used) when someone vandalized it. He got it put away safe and more time passed. Well, the day came and Don started into the '72 and didn't stop until he had it sitting in the car show at the AACA National Event at Hershey last fall, looking brand spankin' new!

www.joesupholstery.com

Anyway, it had been a long time since I dropped by and it sure felt good walking in a feeling so welcome somewhere. Great people. I also went to the scrap yard with aluminum. same thing, dealt with that family for a few generations now and know each other as old friends. I used to run an aluminum siding business and was a very regular there, never went anywhere else. Now Brian, about my age, runs it and it's his daughters I cash-out with. When Brian took over he moved it from the good old location in old Frederick to expand. I'm kind of disappointed that he changed to name to just Reliable Recycling, a more contemporary name. All the years I was dealing with them regularly they had one of my favorite business names... Reliable Junk. Ain't it great?? I always loved saying that!

www.reliablerecyclingcenter.com

Ok, so taking care of errands in old industrial East Frederick, so couldn't go home without stopping by McCutcheon's for some hot pepper relish, Vadalia Inion hit sauce, apple sauce, and some marinades. There was once quite a canning industry in Frederick and McCutcheons still remains. They are where the apple orchards sell their apples in this area. Their preserves, dressings, sauces are sold at all the country stores and produce markets. Good stuff! It's having these old family owned businesses that make life better for me. They are of this area, started, grown, and continued in their own community for their community. That's my America! Very different from the big box corporate sharks that are only about following the money into your community.

www.mccutcheons.com

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 06:14 AM   #2604
72 tigger

This made me smile
Attached Images

Kirk
Old 06-27-2020, 06:25 AM   #2605
special-K
Special Order

That's a mighty big smile! I hope they left it sit right there to unload or change tow vehicles! They could have at least loaded the truck on the trailer properly to help ease up on the tongue weight a whole lot.

Something tells me that's another medium duty Chevy looking at being ruined into yet another worthless pickup

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 06-27-2020, 09:03 AM   #2606
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 tigger View Post
This made me smile
Sometimes people scare me........a lot......

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 12:19 PM   #2607
Killer Bee

on our way to the farm!

Old 06-27-2020, 08:07 PM   #2608
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
on our way to the farm!

You look really backwards today.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 04:21 AM   #2609
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
you look really backwards today.
x2...

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 09:15 AM   #2610
special-K
Special Order

They told me a full face mask was best, but I keep walking into things!

Tim

Old 06-28-2020, 01:01 PM   #2611
Killer Bee

suddenly everything is right

Old 06-28-2020, 01:23 PM   #2612
Killer Bee

I covered my eyes after seeing the pilots

Old 06-28-2020, 02:05 PM   #2613
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
suddenly everything is right
All the miles traveled and time passed since you last visited. Come back and it's like the next day there.

Quote:
I covered my eyes after seeing the pilots
Didn't that make it hard for you to run out of there fast as you could?

Tim

Old 06-30-2020, 03:31 PM   #2614
americanmusc1e

I'll bite. As a contract network tech/engineer I see some weird stuff sometimes, but this was a network closet from yesterday.

It's at a fairly large bar that's been around for a while. Nothing was labeled and it seems that every time the bar needed something fixed, they ran new cables instead of tracing out the old ones. Did i mention this was a closet in the kitchen with no light.

I also pulled no less than 5 old unused cable modems out before I took this picture.

Instagram: @americanmusc1e

OLD SKOOL-- 1970 C10. 454/Th400/3.07 posi Build Thread
FARM TRUCK----1949 Chevrolet 3800 Power Wagon Hauler Build Thread

1999 4wd OBS Tahoe - daily.

DM me if you can't see photos i posted
americanmusc1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:54 PM   #2615
Killer Bee

little sunset jaunt thru the woods tonight

Old 07-02-2020, 01:48 AM   #2616
Killer Bee

handful of projects all under one roof

Old 07-02-2020, 11:23 AM   #2617
davischevy

Quote:

Don't fall out of that loft. Nice shot.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:19 PM   #2618
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Man, I'd love to have one tenth of that kind of space.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 05:30 PM   #2619
Killer Bee

LoL, I was on a ladder scoping out some electrical work.. buddy of mine is a line patrolman and he's flying out next week to repair some building to building overhead services..

we made smoke today with the 64 model E

took a spin around the barn yard, I'll get some video up on youtube from the missus later..

Old 07-02-2020, 05:59 PM   #2620
72 tigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanmusc1e View Post
I'll bite. As a contract network tech/engineer I see some weird stuff sometimes, but this was a network closet from yesterday.

It's at a fairly large bar that's been around for a while. Nothing was labeled and it seems that every time the bar needed something fixed, they ran new cables instead of tracing out the old ones. Did i mention this was a closet in the kitchen with no light.

I also pulled no less than 5 old unused cable modems out before I took this picture.

That would take some patience!
Kirk
Old 07-02-2020, 11:21 PM   #2621
Chevyland

Quote:

Quote:
LoL, I was on a ladder scoping out some electrical work.. buddy of mine is a line patrolman and he's flying out next week to repair some building to building overhead services..

we made smoke today with the 64 model E

took a spin around the barn yard, I'll get some video up on youtube from the missus later..

Cool Beans !!
Chevyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 07:27 AM   #2622
special-K
Special Order

What powers that sporty coupe?

Tim

Old 07-03-2020, 04:30 PM   #2623
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
What powers that sporty coupe?
it's a 1964 Gleaner model E, first year my dad started working there as main frame welder.. 37 years total until they moved agco to hesston ks and he retired..

it has a whopping 65hp from a 226cid inline 4 gas engine with a load governor.. 12v positive ground electrical system btw

it hasn't run in about 7-8 years and needed to be moved, groundhogs had taken residence under the header..

fuel line and valve from tank were gunked shut completely.. removed everything to the bowl on the pump and flushed and rodded out the lines.. took about half a day just to get clear fuel flowing..

the distributor is a delco so I gave local o'Reillys a shot at it.. close but not quite on cap n rotor but champion plugs were a good match.. carbon button on the cap was gone and rotor contact tab was scaled rust, not usable..

I tried a semi-local dealer and voila, actually had both in stock! so the boy and I hopped in the longhorn and went for it.. just before higginsville 13hwy exit off I70, fan belt broke and just made the ramp with a little steam..

of course a man stopped to help within 30 seconds I explained what was going on and thanked him for stopping.. he said well, jump in and let's at least get those parts before dealer closes (about 30 min).. I asked if he had the time he said surely so off we went.. he waited for us in the dealer then took us across the street for a belt.. my boy grabbed a $5 wrench set and off we went..

he left his name and number, said he was 10min from there if we needed anything.. just after I had belt on, about 10min cuz p/s belt is outboard, another man stopped to help.. he has a 70 three door so we had to chat a min.. started it up and crossed the overpass to fill up coolant/water..

all in all, 5 people asked if we needed help, three stopped, two got out and walked up, and the first of course drove us 5 miles to town and back.. feels so good to be home
Old 07-03-2020, 08:26 PM   #2624
special-K
Special Order

That's what makes a place a good one to live in, a great standard of living. Who cares if you have all this and that fancy expensive whatever lifestyle if it means you can't take a minute from it to help someone out?

Tim

Old 07-03-2020, 09:23 PM   #2625
davischevy

Quote:
it's a 1964 Gleaner model E, first year my dad started working there as main frame welder.. 37 years total until they moved agco to hesston ks and he retired..

it has a whopping 65hp from a 226cid inline 4 gas engine with a load governor.. 12v positive ground electrical system btw

it hasn't run in about 7-8 years and needed to be moved, groundhogs had taken residence under the header..

fuel line and valve from tank were gunked shut completely.. removed everything to the bowl on the pump and flushed and rodded out the lines.. took about half a day just to get clear fuel flowing..

the distributor is a delco so I gave local o'Reillys a shot at it.. close but not quite on cap n rotor but champion plugs were a good match.. carbon button on the cap was gone and rotor contact tab was scaled rust, not usable..

I tried a semi-local dealer and voila, actually had both in stock! so the boy and I hopped in the longhorn and went for it.. just before higginsville 13hwy exit off I70, fan belt broke and just made the ramp with a little steam..

of course a man stopped to help within 30 seconds I explained what was going on and thanked him for stopping.. he said well, jump in and let's at least get those parts before dealer closes (about 30 min).. I asked if he had the time he said surely so off we went.. he waited for us in the dealer then took us across the street for a belt.. my boy grabbed a $5 wrench set and off we went..

he left his name and number, said he was 10min from there if we needed anything.. just after I had belt on, about 10min cuz p/s belt is outboard, another man stopped to help.. he has a 70 three door so we had to chat a min.. started it up and crossed the overpass to fill up coolant/water..

all in all, 5 people asked if we needed help, three stopped, two got out and walked up, and the first of course drove us 5 miles to town and back.. feels so good to be home
I sure the scenario would have been similar in LA.