The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-09-2017, 11:21 AM   #51
Micmac

Re: Finished my 64 two days ago and this happened!!!!

Boy, I could hardly lift a glass of water when my rotator cuff was torn! Looks great. I'm glad your ok, and the truck is fixable.
1947 Indian Chief Roadmaster with Sidecar.
2012 Indian Chief Serial #002 of 110 built in '12
2016 Indian Chief Roadmaster
Micmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 01:21 PM   #52
allytle

Looks like the good thing about it getting hit so soon after finishing it is you're still in work mode. You make good work of getting it back together.
allytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 11:31 PM   #53
YOLO
Custom Truck Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micmac View Post
Boy, I could hardly lift a glass of water when my rotator cuff was torn! Looks great. I'm glad your ok, and the truck is fixable.
My shoulder is definitely sore and I paid the price every time I wrenched on it. My friend Jim who owns the body shop was paid handsomely to help me. I could not have done it without him.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:33 PM   #54
YOLO
Custom Truck Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allytle View Post
Looks like the good thing about it getting hit so soon after finishing it is you're still in work mode. You make good work of getting it back together.
Got that right. I am working on my 69 Suburban with a Cummins swap too. Now I need to button up a few things on the 64. Wire the new gauges, fix exhaust leak, and adjust kick down cable.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:58 AM   #55
Micmac

I understand thoroughly your dilemma after both shoulders twice. I should never have went Airborne :
Not to hijack your thread, this is what I've been up to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO View Post
My shoulder is definitely sore and I paid the price every time I wrenched on it. My friend Jim who owns the body shop was paid handsomely to help me. I could not have done it without him.
Tell me about it. As my skills were exhausted after making the bed slats, staining them-, oh I can wrench farmhand style, and paint the hell out of tractors and wood sheds but wish to give it what it deserves I really thought hard about it and looked for a few years for someone who knows about theses trucks in the body shop. The herd is thinning out as far as those who wish to keep it real.I found a guy down east North Carolina, and he is taking her all the way down to the frame I bought a new diesel 2500 high country in 2016, I'm expecting that to be cheaper than the task at hand!(not really) I'm getting long in the tooth, and with the ravages of old age and health and with mortality staring me in the face I wanted to do it. Just reality at hand I made a decision to go all the way with my truck. Typical upgrades, Vintage Air, disc brakes and power steering, suspension upgrades, upgrade the head/tail lights pull the ol 6 cylinder out and freshen her up to run good on modern fuel etc. My son who is 30 has spent his entire life riding in the truck wants it when I'm gone. I want him to get the years of enjoyment I have had with her, and in turn my grandchildren. He's very responsible and will do her right. As I have oft heard in the antique motorcycle circles, "we are but caretakers of our machines "
Old 09-10-2017, 09:58 AM   #56
61_FL_Apache
Who Me?

The repairs look great!!

1997 Tahoe LT 4D 2WD (DD)
1961 Apache 10 (sold)
1965 C10 Stepper (sold)
61_FL_Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 02:22 PM   #57
YOLO
Custom Truck Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micmac View Post
I understand thoroughly your dilemma after both shoulders twice. I should never have went Airborne :
Not to hijack your thread, this is what I've been up to.

Tell me about it. As my skills were exhausted after making the bed slats, staining them-, oh I can wrench farmhand style, and paint the hell out of tractors and wood sheds but wish to give it what it deserves I really thought hard about it and looked for a few years for someone who knows about theses trucks in the body shop. The herd is thinning out as far as those who wish to keep it real.I found a guy down east North Carolina, and he is taking her all the way down to the frame I bought a new diesel 2500 high country in 2016, I'm expecting that to be cheaper than the task at hand!(not really) I'm getting long in the tooth, and with the ravages of old age and health and with mortality staring me in the face I wanted to do it. Just reality at hand I made a decision to go all the way with my truck. Typical upgrades, Vintage Air, disc brakes and power steering, suspension upgrades, upgrade the head/tail lights pull the ol 6 cylinder out and freshen her up to run good on modern fuel etc. My son who is 30 has spent his entire life riding in the truck wants it when I'm gone. I want him to get the years of enjoyment I have had with her, and in turn my grandchildren. He's very responsible and will do her right. As I have oft heard in the antique motorcycle circles, "we are but caretakers of our machines "
Sounds like you are doing the right thing. Good luck.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:54 PM   #58
Micmac

Thanks, you too!