The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2018, 08:26 PM   #1
Groenys 57

What fittings do I need for fuel lines

So I am trying to relocate the fuel tank to under the bed. My problem now is that I cant seem to get the right fittings for the fuel line. The couple auto parts stores here are no help at all. The only fitting they had was a male flare to go onto the stainless fuel line. I ordered 2 6an flare female by barb to connect the hard line to rubber line. The problem I am having is the fittings wont go together. I'm assuming the male fitting is correct because it fits on the stainless line, but the female fitting is to small to connect. I looked up and thought that 6an was 3/8? So my question is does anyone know the exact fittings I need for 3/8 stainless line? I have tried taking them in to the 2 parts stores around here and no one even has flare female fittings. Some pictures below of the fittings i currently have.

this is the male end on a piece of 3/8 line

this is the female by 3/8 barb end

this is them not going together. the male is to big.

I also don't know what the connection type is from my fuel pump. Can anyone tell from the picture?
Groenys 57 is offline   Reply With Quote