The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Site Feedback and Announcements

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-31-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
sick472

Site is acting goofy

This one is for the site admin...

For one,

When I open the 67-72 general truck forum (maybe other too), the number of replies for a thread may say "2", but once I open the thread there are many more.

secondly,

A recently created thread (by myself) may not show up on the list of threads in that forum. I have to go to my recent created thread under my statistics area to find it. But it may show up later especially if I refresh.

and so on,

When I log in the

"Welcome, sick472.
You last visited: Today......
Private Messages:...."

area does not show up, making it hard to get to my statistics page or private messages page. Refreshing seems to work to get it to show up, but not always the first time.

I suppose this could be because of the "network" that I am on due to corp restrictions, But I just wanted to tell you because it just started acting goofy in the last week or two and it is making the use of the site questionable and cumbersome.

1972 C10
1976 C10 (parts truck)
1985 K20
sick472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 12:18 PM   #2
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

Re: Site is acting goofy

I'll make sure all the update.counters etc. are functioning properly. You can try clearing your cookies and making sure.your browser is set to check for new versions and not pull up the cached version. The site works best in Chrome.and Firefox.
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 01:14 PM   #3
Killer Bee

I'll add this little tidbit I noticed recently, may or may not be something affecting op's issue..

few months back, after a site update I believe, I noticed that threads I view but don't post in disappear from the 'new posts' when I refresh that search..

so if I click on 'new posts' after viewing a thread, it's not there..

if I click on 'todays posts' under quick links, the threads I have not viewed are there along with threads I looked at will be un-bolded, indicating I have opened it..

so how I found this, I was looking at new posts and clicked on a thread to see what it was, and went back to look at other threads..

I'd refresh the 'new posts' search to go back to something and it wouldn't be there, unless someone else posted in it, then it will go back in the 'new posts'..

thought I was losing my mind, which still isn't out of the realm of possibility, but digging around until I found the 'todays posts' I was able to find them again..

previous to that and on other vbulletin forums I'm on, I can refresh 'new posts' and they are all there whether I opened one of them or not..

hope that makes sense and helps solve the op's issue, thank you!
Old 09-05-2018, 10:35 AM   #4
sick472

Thanks folks. I have changed the browser setting for checking for new versions (what ever that means) and it is back to working like I would expect.

1972 C10
1976 C10 (parts truck)
1985 K20
sick472 is offline   Reply With Quote