The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-08-2016, 02:13 PM   #1
ampsrampstramps

Clutch Pedal No Resistance 69 Blazer

Yesterday was one of the luckiest days of my life.
My clutch went out in bumper to bumper Brooklyn traffic and I made it back to my shop in 1st gear without a problem... It stalled out once and I had just enough time and momentum to get it started again while stuck in 1st gear.

1. First thing I noticed once I parked was that the clutch pedal push rod had popped off the clutch pedal inside the truck. Put it back on and still no pressure or resistance.

2. I saw that the fork rod was not in the clutch fork. Put that back in and got a little pressure at the bottom of the stroke. Was able to get it in neutral but can't get it back into 1st. Got it in reverse, then neutral, now can't get it back in any gear.

3. The Z bar where it attaches to the engine block at the ball joint has always looked a bit off or broken but has always worked. See pics.

Any idea what the problem might be? Should I get it towed? General mechanic or transmission guy? Hoping it's an issue with the various linkage between the clutch pedal and transmission. Never dealt with this before. Any ideas on what I should check?

On a side note. Got the hardtop on last night.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2016, 03:32 PM   #2
ampsrampstramps

Re: Clutch Pedal No Resistance 69 Blazer

Well. May have fixed it. Just adjusted the length of the fork rod and it goes in and out of gear no problem.
Posted via Mobile Device
ampsrampstramps is offline   Reply With Quote