The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
RedRaven

New to the forums

Hey All! I just signed up and, now that I am finally able to, I figured I would toss my first post up here introducing myself and my (new to me) Beast of a truck.

My name is Ryan, I currently live in the alright state of Oregon, I am 28 but I was bit by the 'classic' car bug many many years ago. I dreamed of getting a classic truck for quite a while and finally got my chance!

I just bought this off my Uncle and got a fairly decent run down of what it is although I don't have a bunch of specifics on a few things so please bare with me.

"The Beast"
1970 Chevy C20 Camper Special
Automatic Transmission (Original I believe)
5.7L 350 V8 (Original, I believe number matching to the truck to be exact)
Edelbrock 4 Barrel Carb (Unsure of exact model)
Glass Pack Muffler
~190k Original Miles (Actually around 188-189k)

Only real major modifications I am currently aware of are the exhaust/carb. Airbag Suspension in the rear (Was used to carry a 1970's Camper and blew out original suspension). And some of the wiring looks like a rats nest (But everything functions well, had a CB wired in, newer style radio, running lights, fog lights, etc.)

It currently has a Bench seat in it, my uncle was told it was the original bench seat, black leather and seems to have had a seat cover on it it's entire life as it currently does, because it has no rips, tears or faded/cracked leather. (Could have also been recovered, not sure.)

I have a lot planned for it, I intend on turning it into a slightly lowered, hot rod style show car/daily driver (yes I know, it sucks on gas mileage but I don't have a long distance to work and I like it ) I also intend on putting bucket seats in it and will probably sell the bench seat in it (And I will be turning here first, so anyone local-ish can get first crack at it)

This is my dream truck and I intend on making it last until it turns over it's 100th year of running (if at all possible). More pictures to come (I work Graveyard shifts so I gotta wait til my days off to snap pictures in the light... Dark when I head to work, too damn tired when I get home)
Attached Images

RedRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #2
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: New to the forums

Welcome to the board. First off I will say the the state of Oregon is more than alright in my opinion. It is my second home and soon to be first.

Your truck if it has the factory seat will be vinyl and not leather as GM did not have a leather seat option for these trucks. If you become a registered member, you can post the seat on the parts board here. You will also find a lot of good used parts. If you are with in driving distance of Junction City, try D and L truck parts or member tll74 for things you need. He is in Oregon and has plenty of parts for these trucks.

Most of all have fun with your truck and remember there is plenty of knowledge here for you.

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
yuccales

Welcome to the forum. Good looking truck you got there. More pics are a must!
yuccales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
RedRaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuccales View Post
Welcome to the forum. Good looking truck you got there. More pics are a must!
I intend on going kinda nuts with the pictures on my next few days off (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights) so there will be more added to this thread (Or maybe start a new thread with more pictures).

Also, yeah the Vinyl makes sense, I am gonna snap some pictures of it, I have a hard time telling between the Vinyl and Leather (it is probably Vinyl tbh) or it was recovered. I will let you guys take a look and see for sure

As for Junction City I don't think I am too within driving distance of it (I am in the Hillsboro/Beaverton area myself) but for sure I will probably post it up here and look around. Although I am going to go with newer buckets in this one (Probably from a mid 2000 era Blazer or Chevy pickup, whichever will fit)
Old 09-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
DGulliver

Welcome to the forum! Always cool to keep a truck in the family. As you know, the resources and expertise is abundant here. Enjoy your truck, and looking forward to more pics..
'96 Dodge Indy Ram Official Indy Truck
'99 Porsche 911 Carrera
DGulliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #6
Badger7C9F

Welcome to the forum from across the pond... Nice looking truck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Badger7C9F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:03 AM   #7
RedRaven

So far the list of things I will be doing in the next few months to this beast. By Summer of next year.

Oil Change
K&N Air Filter
Transmission Flush and Fill
Oil and Fuel Filter Changes
New Fuel Sending Unit
Bucket Seats
Rewiring of accessories
Custom Build Switch Box for Accessories
Carpet Kit
Window Tinting
Lowering Kit (Probably 2" in front, 4" in back, not sure yet)
Possibly swap out the GT Steering wheel currently in it
Fix Driver and Passenger door locks
Fix Driver side window (make roll up and down smoother)

Pictures incoming on Wednesday when I get a moment on my day off, paid $1,500 for this beast, got $750 to pay off still but a killer deal none-the-less.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #8
MusicMan70

Welcome RedRaven from Socalif. Awaiting those photos.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #9
Spartan

welcome to the forum from...Oregon

I stay at the McMinamins up there from time to time visiting my brother in Beaverton. Lots of really great people and good info here on the site.

Enojy!

cheers
Nim

"orange rhymes with door hinge"
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #10
hugger6933

Welcome to you from the warm and[dry state of Arkansas. I live in the eastern part close to the Mississippi river, halfway between Little rock AR and Memphis TN. I own a body shop here where I rebuild late model wrecked trucks for a living and old muscle and trucks for fun. I split time between here and the paint and body section and am always glad to help if I can. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #11
RedRaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
Welcome to you from the warm and[dry state of Arkansas. I live in the eastern part close to the Mississippi river, halfway between Little rock AR and Memphis TN. I own a body shop here where I rebuild late model wrecked trucks for a living and old muscle and trucks for fun. I split time between here and the paint and body section and am always glad to help if I can. Jim
Hey Jim, thanks for the welcome! I actually lived out that way myself for a little while. Lived out in the middle of nowhere outside of Melbourne Arkansas (I think that was the tiny towns name, can't remember for sure) Stayed out there while helping out my grandparents.

Yeah this truck is gonna be a project, more I look it over there is body work to do but it doesn't look like a ton.... My next days off I am going to wash it off and go over it with a fine toothed comb, still, for the price I paid and how well it runs/drives with the new tires I still got a hell of a deal.