The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-22-2018, 02:06 PM   #1
Myself

Merry Christmas honey!! '68 c20

So, years back we fixed up a '68 swb for my wife. Had it close to being ready for paint and got in a financial bind and had to sell. She was very upset about it and continues to mention it time to time along with how we'll never be able to get another one. My buddy had a "parts" truck with clear title so little by little I hid some cash and paid him for it. This morning he called me to bring my son and help move "something heavy". So we went and pulled it home!!!!! She had no idea!!! Plans right now are to swap to 1/2 ton front and rear and shorten it. It will be a lon project as money allows but this time it will be a complete frame off resto mod. '68 c20 with a/c, ps, pb, 350, 4sp. It has an aluminum 2 barrel intake on it??? PICS!!
Attached Images

Myself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 02:35 PM   #2
68bowtie

Re: Merry Christmas honey!! '68 c20

Great story, and a nice project you have there.

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:49 PM   #3
Myself

Found a pic of the one we had to sell.
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2018, 10:21 PM   #4
flashed

Im in to see this one .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 11:11 PM   #5
zicc1835

me too
zicc1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:51 PM   #6
Myself

Well, nothing done on this at all. I finished getting all my ducks in a row and quit my dayjob January of 2019. I am happily self employed working in my own shop. Pretty much all of 2019 my wife and I were just trying to get into a "groove" of how to run things effectively. So far, so good! And I can now actually find time to do my own projects....YAY!! Just yesterday we rolled my son's '66 Lincoln Continental back out of the shop. He bought it for a song and it's in very good overall condition. We just decided to play it safe and go through everything before putting it on the road. The 462 big block is completely torn down and the trans is waiting in line. Story and pics here..https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/...d.php?t=431673

The motor to my Trans Am is getting cleaned and checked right now and I'll be working on it soon...Not to keep putting this on the back burner but, she already has a finished S10 showtruck....my turn! It's been a long time coming, I've put in years of hard work and many many hours to make this a reality. Finally I'm my own boss.......as long as it's OK with my wife, lol!
Old 02-09-2022, 08:15 PM   #7
Myself

This C20 headed out to a new home today!! We ended up finding a pretty good '67 short fleet roller and my wife is going to start stripping everything this summer to get started on her C10. The more I looked at this C20.....the more I just couldn't bring myself to cannibalizing a pretty straight and solid original truck with a good title!!! We just decided that if we could get enough money we would sell it and use that money towards buying parts to start this build instead.
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2022, 12:50 PM   #8
Accelo

I can tell you have a keeper if her Valentines present is an old truck and it makes her happy.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 07:37 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

Great truck saga here. I can't knock someone for wanting to convert a C/20 down to a SWB C/10, but I'm glad to see you decided against it. I love them all for what they are. I always wanted one of each model, and did almost have that at one time.

So you found what you wanted for your honey. That's great. I've always been primarily an 8-lugger guy, out of practical needs for a truck being a truck. Primarily K/20s, but I always held a place in my heart for those li'l shorties.

Just to show how truck sagas can go, I had a '72 swb I was going to do up for my wife as a smooth runner. It was a base truck 6cyl/3spd in primer with Outlaws, just like the first one you had. It was going to be white Cheyenne Super w/blue interior. I also had the '67 GMC short bed I was going to do for myself as a pro-street Fenderside ground pounder, so we would have Beauty & The Beast. Well, she didn't hang around, "financial concerns arose", sold the '72, and now the '67 will be a blend of both. A period correct mild custom/mild hot truck. Been in mothballs forever. I'm concentrating on my old house. The more I look the more I see, just like an old truck. But I did build a house for the '67 to live comfortably in while it waits for my attention.

Looking forward to see how her short bed comes along. I hope you keep this thread going for it. It shows how every truck has a story. Or in your case, every truck owner. I see this as the same truck in three, your wife's truck! Christmas, birthday, valentines, whatever. I think you already know, perseverance pays!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 08:32 PM   #10
Myself

Thanks "K", I'll keep posting as things materialize and will be watching for yours too!