The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-12-2019, 02:00 AM   #1
jathur02

exterior trim/chrome trim for Suburban..pic included

Has anyone added chrome trim to the exterior of a square body Suburban? Mine came with everything shaved, but I'm thinking of adding some kind of chrome trim, possibly from LMC. I've seen it installed on just about every truck except the Suburban. I'd love to see an example. Thinking of adding the brushed aluminum tailgate GMC trim panel as well to break up the black some on my truck. Here is a picture for reference..just put some some new wheels/hubcaps on it recently,
Attached Images

jathur02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:15 AM   #2
rideair

Re: exterior trim/chrome trim for Suburban..pic included

A few easy/quick items would be door handles mirrors, bumpers. A thought would be to send the wheels out to be chromed with the same center-caps, might look good as well. I have a Excursion that was all black as well when I got it. I changed out the grill to chrome (hated the black grill) and wheels just to give it a little color.
rideair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:49 AM   #3
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

I would leave that truck blacked out and put some polished billet wheels on. Let them provide your contrast. Here's a blacked out 2wd Blazer similar to your truck.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:05 PM   #4
jathur02

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
A few easy/quick items would be door handles mirrors, bumpers. A thought would be to send the wheels out to be chromed with the same center-caps, might look good as well. I have a Excursion that was all black as well when I got it. I changed out the grill to chrome (hated the black grill) and wheels just to give it a little color.
I actually took the 20" chrome wheels off of it and added the 22" smoothies with the GMC hubcaps to give it some contrast. I feel like this is a better setup, but some small chrome accents should set it off. I appreciate the tips, still trying to decide where to go from here
Old 04-12-2019, 06:05 PM   #5
jathur02

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Timber View Post
I would leave that truck blacked out and put some polished billet wheels on. Let them provide your contrast. Here's a blacked out 2wd Blazer similar to your truck.
I agree, I like that blacked out look, that's why I went for this one. I do want to add some chrome/polished aluminum here and there on it. I was just hoping to find another Suburban similar to mine with some of these details on it, so I can get an idea of what I'm getting into. Thanks again
Old 04-12-2019, 06:08 PM   #6
jathur02

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Timber View Post
That Blazer looks really good by the way. My first car was a black 92' s10 Blazer that made it to mini-truckin "BlazinLo", so I love the Blazers, especially black ones.