The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-02-2017, 04:37 PM   #1
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up What you working on today?

I went and picked both these bikes up for less than $100.00
$45.00 for the red one and $25.00 for the black and chrome one. The red one will be Rhett's to learn to ride then I'll give him the black one once he is ok riding the little mini.
I've ordered $120.00 worth of parts for the black one to build a real chopper out of it.

The plan:
I started on it this morning.
I cut it up this morning and raked the front so I can add 2' worth of tube extensions to the front forks. This will give it a real chopper look I hope! I have it mocked up waiting to weld it by a friend who is out of town until next week.
Once it's welded in place I have talked to Vance at RED NECK Engineering motor cycles, he is going to give me the tubing for the forks and help install them.
What we as grand parents do for them!
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 04:48 PM   #2
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Re: What you working on today?

only thing I've done today is smoke chicken wings and stuffed jalapenos..
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 05:19 PM   #3
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Cool little projects.
Going to wash the scooter and clean up the truck some. The wife works tomorrow so I may ride the scooter to church. The Midwest all truck nationals is coming up soon... hoping to make it there.
Attached Images

kingsolver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:18 PM   #4
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Spent a little while at the auto licensing place. Finally got around to getting some titles transferred around on my trucks. Went to my honeys office and helped her move a bunch of desks and filing cabinets (easier to do on the weekend while no one is around) then had lunch with her. Went to the Toyota dealership and got some front brake pads for my Scion. Sears is having a big sidewalk sale so I popped in there to see if there were any good deals. Stopped at DQ and got a Reeses Blizzard. Check out the board for a bit and then go pop the brake pads on the Scion.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:40 PM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Nice rake job, Andy. I like it with the forks as they are. It leveled the frame out like the low slung Ness bikes of the 70s.
Name:  ness-springer-100.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  52.8 KB
It was a rainy day,so I decided to install the kitchen stove I got to replace the tired old one. Nothing went all that well. The fittings were different sizes, the line on the new stove comes in from the right and the old one from the left. The copper line wouldn't take any more bending. In fact, I discovered a serious kink and decided since I needed fittings I'd run in to the plumbing shop and buy flex line. I get back and next thing I know I'm on the phone for hours on business calls till about 1/2hr ago. I did get the old stove out, cleaned up the skank, new stove in the house, as well as tools,and all the supplies. Other than that...nothing!

Oh, and my computer acted up. All of a sudden I had no connection. Tried all sorts of troubleshooting that didn't help between calls and finally got it straight... I hope.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 09-03-2017 at 09:21 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:40 PM   #6
Boog
laying low

Just another typical Saturday in the neighborhood fellas.
Got home from work round noon. Then spent most of the afternoon on lawn work. I rotated tires on my dd and swapped out a couple wheels on my 69 and let it run for a while. Partly cloudy and mid 80s made for a real nice day.
Smoked wings sounds real good, neighbor.
The last thing i worked on was installing my butt in this recliner.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross

Last edited by Boog; 09-02-2017 at 11:51 PM.
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:53 AM   #7
61_FL_Apache
Who Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
I went and picked both these bikes up for less than $100.00
$45.00 for the red one and $25.00 for the black and chrome one. The red one will be Rhett's to learn to ride then I'll give him the black one once he is ok riding the little mini.
I've ordered $120.00 worth of parts for the black one to build a real chopper out of it.

The plan:
I started on it this morning.
I cut it up this morning and raked the front so I can add 2' worth of tube extensions to the front forks. This will give it a real chopper look I hope! I have it mocked up waiting to weld it by a friend who is out of town until next week.
Once it's welded in place I have talked to Vance at RED NECK Engineering motor cycles, he is going to give me the tubing for the forks and help install them.
What we as grand parents do for them!
Cool bike project!!

1997 Tahoe LT 4D 2WD (DD)
1961 Apache 10 (sold)
1965 C10 Stepper (sold)
61_FL_Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:41 AM   #8
In The Ten Ring

Just helping my dad learn how to feed mom via her feeding tube. He surprised me this morning by doing all the set up by himself, I only helped him minimally during the feeding. Good job dad!

I want to work on my side emblems a bit more today, maybe even fill them with nail polish.

I also want to go shopping and get back onto my daily routine now that dad is more able to take care of mom. Pray for her if you can, she needs it.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:02 AM   #9
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: What you working on today?

Cool stuff so far guy's.

Yea I think about 2' of new forks is going to set it just right. Most of my jobs never go as I hope to but in the end they all seem to work out.
Prayers for your mom Ten Ring. I know how that is. My dad took care of my mom for over a year by himself.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:09 PM   #10
special-K
Special Order

I'll pray for her. My mom's 87 and doing well. I am very lucky for that. I'm here for her if needed, or there if that's how it needs to be.

Got my stove hooked up this morning. Even set the clock!

I'm sure the extended forks will look just as cool.

Name:  do what.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  14.0 KB

Just kidding (with the picture) but serious it will look cool.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 09-03-2017, 02:46 PM   #11
Andy4639
Old member

I'm wanting a little longer forks but not that much!

More like this! Just more rake to make it sit level though.

Another project for Rhett.
The chrome ladder racks I took off and Tuesday a friend at work is going to make me some S/S racks out of tubing for it.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 09-03-2017, 03:44 PM   #12
special-K
Special Order

Yeah, that Ness bike has extended forks. The rake job requires that to bring it bake to level. Back in those days a lot of guys just extended the forks w/o a rake and it like you were going uphill all the time. Made the fork flop a lot worse too. I know I keep referring to motorcycles, but that's what these bikes are mimmicking. That fire engine is slick...with slicks! He'll love that!

Tim

Old 09-03-2017, 06:28 PM   #13
Andy4639
Old member

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Yeah, that Ness bike has extended forks. The rake job requires that to bring it bake to level. Back in those days a lot of guys just extended the forks w/o a rake and it like you were going uphill all the time. Made the fork flop a lot worse too. I know I keep referring to motorcycles, but that's what these bikes are mimmicking. That fire engine is slick...with slicks! He'll love that!
Yes back in the day I had built a chopper bike. I cut the house builders scaffold polls off that had the holes drilled for wheels. I hammered them on to mine and rode the crap out of it. It was crazy high but after riding it a while every kid in the hood was doing it!

I worked on the stroller some today to. Pretty happy with it so far.
My son came over and he suggested I cut my hand trucks up and use it as the handles. I told him he was crazy.
Then I remembered I had a old set that would fold up and well needless to say I walked up to him and hugged him!
I also got the floor installed and rubber mat for him to be comfy when riding.Going to add a seatbelt for him also.
I painted the front end and tomorrow hopefully get it all trimed out. Yellow park lights head lights and black to high light it.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 09-03-2017, 10:59 PM   #14
Andy4639
Old member

My grandson's first ride. I even added a safety belt for him.
I'm going to have to make some fenders for the rear wheels though he wants to put his hands on the tires.
Got the gear shifter figured out but not installed yet. It's a old broke 71 Truck column shifter.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 09-04-2017, 06:35 AM   #15
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

Had my first adventure with making stair stringers. The deck is on uneven ground so prefab stringers wouldn't work. All said and done all rises are identical and same with treads.
Tomorrow night I'll frame out for the lattice skirting then start on the railing
Attached Images

Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:12 AM   #16
61_FL_Apache
Who Me?

Trying to get the back window lift support mount re-attached. This was after it came off from using Gorilla glue. Using JB Weld today.. Hope that holds better.

1997 Tahoe LT 4D 2WD (DD)
1961 Apache 10 (sold)
1965 C10 Stepper (sold)
61_FL_Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:36 AM   #17
CG
BlahBlahBlah

So what am I working on today as in this Holiday Monday .... I just stepped out in to the house garage to toss something in the waste basket. Its still fairly early here so its a little dark in there. I noticed a sheen on the floor. Weird, we didn't put the cars in the garage last night. Flick on the light, lots of water. And it all goes back to the water heater.

It looks like Ill be putting in a new water heater today. Ive moved or installed several over the years. It isn't really that big of a deal. The bummer is that we have been kicking around the idea of putting in one of those gas tankless hot water heaters instead of the big ol electric one we have now.

While I can do it, tapping into and installing new gas lines and then mounting up a tankless water heater is something I want to work up to. I want to have a plan set in motion. So it looks like we probably wont be getting that system for awhile =)

Old 09-04-2017, 11:26 AM   #18
special-K
Special Order

Sounds like fun on a holiday. The bright side is at least it wasn't an early work day morning that it happened.

Andy, that boy has got to love it. Maybe since it's a stroller and you don't really want him controlling where it goes, you could rig some swivel caster wheels up front to hang just below the tires. He can feel like he's steering it while not running into little old ladies with it. Just a thought.

What am I working on today? Dragging things out of some sheds, inspecting, sorting, straightening, then what I don't trash or decide to sell I'll put back more organized. Been needing to do this for years. Undesirable at best. Tossing or selling the things I don't need. When I go to sell and move or die it would be a nightmare for my survived ones.

Tim

Old 09-04-2017, 12:45 PM   #19
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Got everything moved out of the way. Swept up the water, one edge of the garage the drywall got a tiny bit wet. I think Ill wait it out to decide whether I want to cut that edge off. Maybe 1/4 inch in the worst spot. Supposed to be mid 90s today and possibly break 100 tomorrow. That and a couple of well placed fans should be enough (my guess anyway).

Drug the tank out after it drained a little (freaking heavy lol). So its in the driveway finishing its drain. Time to go to Lowes I guess.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:48 PM   #20
hambone61

Tired of fighting the saltwater, galvanized wheels and new tires for the boat.
Attached Images

hambone61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 03:38 PM   #21
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: What you working on today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Andy, that boy has got to love it. Maybe since it's a stroller and you don't really want him controlling where it goes, you could rig some swivel caster wheels up front to hang just below the tires. He can feel like he's steering it while not running into little old ladies with it. Just a thought.

Tim good idea. May have to look into that for sure.

Update:
Gear shifter, mirror and tail pipes installed and started painting the front end.
Wife has gone to Wal mart I asked her to look for a plastic bowl 12" diameter to cut in half and make some rear fenders for it. Will see what she comes up with.

Worked on the bike a little to. Got the front fork head assembly fitted pretty good. Now get it welded in place and get the front made.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 09-04-2017, 09:43 PM   #22
special-K
Special Order

That little red fire truck is getting cooler and cooler. Love the touches you are adding, and I'm sure somelittlebody else does, too.

Tim

Old 09-05-2017, 06:03 AM   #23
Andy4639
Old member

Here is the latest additions to it. Other than painting the fenders, I think it I'm done for now.
That 5 gallon bucket didn't stand a chance!

Oh I'm going to have some stickers made for the gear shifter to.
WALK /RUN!
When I get home today from work I'll cut the glue off of the Chevrolet emblem.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 09-07-2017, 02:41 PM   #24
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: What you working on today?

This was last night.

I installed the 2015 Home link in the 64 SS Impala. Works great and can work 3 different doors.

Here is a video of it in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSy4n5QOmhY

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 09-07-2017, 02:47 PM   #25
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

Researching where to find passenger door glass and drivers side rear glass. Need to find some rims and hubcaps too.
Attached Images

cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote