The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
Zach B

The 49 fastback and my plan for the out dated radio

So I have this 49 fastback that really needs a lot of work but I happened to have this great idea stemming from my grandfathers 54 chevy truck. He had it mounted above his head in the center of the truck. This was in the 80s so the CB radio was still popular but dying down from the 70s. I happened to find one that only has 23 channels my thoughts jumped to the truck. I won't be sticking a CB in the 47 chevy truck because it's going organal. But that car is going to be a hotrod. I think its nice to have something like that in a car I'm not likely to be doing the speed limit in. (particularly in a state they outlawed radar detectors) knowing the amount of ground plane that car has I think it will be perfect. It's a flashback in a fastback to me. I always did like the background noise from the CB growing up and though I was born a few years after they died out in most cars. The trucks still use them which is enough for me.
I want to mount this in headliner by making some pockets anybody have any idea how to do that?
Zach B is offline   Reply With Quote