The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: What are the orgins of crop circles??
Definately extraterrestial: They are warning us!! 6 7.41%
Government Conspiracy: Some kinda top secret testing 4 4.94%
Atmospheric or geological phenomenon: Just gasses or ions 3 3.70%
Complete hoax: Man made, no need to worry 37 45.68%
nfc but they surely are cool 31 38.27%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2005, 07:38 AM   #1
dtlilly
Account Suspended

Crop Circles Poll

So... What have you seen or heard about? What are your beliefs in their orgin? Please keep this thread civil, as there are probably as many viewpoints and opinions as Jackson's bowties. Just was wondering, since I watched a show on TV about these.
dtlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:29 AM   #2
toms68cst

Total B.S. right up there with big foot.

TREASURER, Drum Brake Club.
toms68cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:46 AM   #3
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Nah, I've seen 'em debunked on TV too many times... Besides, if ET visited us, I think he'd have better things to do...

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:50 AM   #4
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Did y'all see last year that some guy was big-foot. After he past away, his family showed the suit, the the feet, and video. It was on 60 minutes or something. They said he did it because he was bored. I think ET should quit wasting his time visiting crop fields and stop off at hugh heffners place if he wants to have fun!
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:51 AM   #5
Mike76251

Crop circles.............total crap
The nearest possible other life would have to travel for thousands of years just to get here. Can't exceed the speed of light you know. Well, except for one small case but you wouldn't survive that anyway.
Mike76251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:56 PM   #6
Canadian694x4
Born To Lose Club

Location: Calgary, Alberta/Oxenden, Ontario, Great White North
NFC...but the only thing I will say about 'em is some look pretty cool...
1972 GMC K2500 Custom LWB Fleetside - Proud Owner For 2 Yrs - 1 of 571 Built & Sold In Canada! - 350 V8/SM465/NP205, 4” Rough Country Lift, 33” Interco TSL Thornbirds
2007.5 GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD 4x4 - Proud Owner For 15 Yrs
- 6.6L V8 Duramax Diesel/Allison 1000, 2" Lift, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ's.
2008 Yamaha Raptor 700r - Proud Owner For 13 Yrs - ITP Mud Lites.
2015 John Deere 1025R - Proud Owner For 6 Yrs - 24HP Diesel/H120/54D/260B/SB1154.
Canadian694x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:20 PM   #7
JerseyGirl
American Woman!

Old 01-24-2005, 02:39 PM   #8
lukecp
Formerly yellow72custom

Many defenitly are hoaxes......but some are extremely intricate....who knows
lukecp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 05:12 PM   #9
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

DOWN HERE THEY MAKE MAZES OUT OF EM FOR HALLOWEEN

http://www.freshwaterranch.com/cornmaze.htm

Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 05:44 PM   #10
JerseyGirl
American Woman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUV2XCLR8
DOWN HERE THEY MAKE MAZES OUT OF EM FOR HALLOWEEN

http://www.freshwaterranch.com/cornmaze.htm

LOL...yup!
Old 01-24-2005, 09:28 PM   #11
silvertonguedevil

Oh it's real!! I was probed not long ago.

My Chevy trucks, past and present:

1962 C10 SB Fleetside
1964 C10 LB Fleetside BBW
1966 C10 SB Fleetside
1966 C10 SB Fleetside BBW
1968 C10 SB Fleetside
1971 C10 LB Fleetside
1971 C10 SB Fleetside
1972 C10 SB Fleetside Cheyenne
1972 C10 SB Fleetside Cheyenne Super
1972 C10 LB Fleetside Cheyenne Super
1974 C20 Cheyenne
1979 K5 Blazer Cheyenne
1982 K10 SB Fleetside Custom Deluxe
1982 K10 SB Fleetside Scottsdale
1986 C10 SB Fleetside Silverado
2008 Silverado 1500 4x4
silvertonguedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:16 PM   #12
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

NFC (Not for chure- the clean version)

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:37 AM   #13
benscool1

NFC, I've seen shows on them showing how to make em look real, but theres some of em that I have no idea how people could make them they are so intricate, the circles are one thing, they don't look that hard to imitated, its the really crazy geometric designs that I'd say are harder to explain.
benscool1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 02:40 AM   #14
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

It's very interesting.. As far as any show I've seen, ( and this **** interest me Big Time,so I try to catch them all) They have Not dis-Proven them, It has been the opposite.... The way they are laid out can not be precisely duplicated....

As far as E.T. ???? I think it is ignorant to really believe we are the only SO CALLED intelligent life force in all of outer space.. Even Col. Shepard when sitting down on the Moon made a statement that there was a "Bogey" on the horizon..

There are videos put out by a Man named "Richard Hoagland" An Advisor to NASA, Once he started publicizing some of the stuff that they have came across and were not telling the Public, he was fired.. His Tapes, ( movies) are very interesting. I have 4 of them. One of them show Our "Star Wars" shooting at a UFO? the Aircraft, or Flying object, Out flies the projectile..( StarWars) is at the Nevada Test Site at Area 11....
I have an Audio tape that was supposedly recorded out of Castle Air Force base of conversation between Jets being Deployed to chase a U.F.O..and the Control Tower. The aircraft were running "HOT". ( HOT means loaded with Nuke, headed Missiles)
There is a Gold Sculpture that is thousands of years old that "They" believed was of a bird, Yet a Jet pilot seen it on display and made the comment it looked like a Jet he flew, ( it has Delta Wings, and a Horizontal, and Vertical tail) That got some attention, and they started doing wind tunnel tests.. They then took the "BIRD?" and reproduced it into an R/C model, It flies extremely well, is Very aerobatic and easy to control.

I have a picture of some Anasazi pictrographs that I took in the middle of nowhere in Southern Utah While on a Horseback pack trip on the Paria River. One APPEARS to be of a UFO, the Man Figure has what appears to be a Globe around his head, and the platform under him appears to have fire being forced in a downward position.. On the same cliff wall is another pictograph of what appears to be an early Spaniard Explorer, with a spear and shield.. ( so you do the Math as to what century Montazuma and the Spaniards went through Southern Utah)

On the Washington Northern coast, there are Pictrogliphs on the cliffs by the Ocean of what can be Construed to be Aircraft?? Now these Civilizations were unknowledgeable, unaware, and untainted by todays belief in flying saucers..

The Bible, book of Ezekiel, talks about Wheels in the middle of the Sky..

When the Air Forces Project Blue Book was Deemed as Right to Know, There is about 80% ? blackened out.. So What are "They" hiding ??

Do I personally believe in Alien Spacecraft ?? Well, I have never seen or talked to a Grey, or a Lizard..Nor am I an Abductee....... But then again I have never walked alongside of Jesus, nor have I shook God's hand ????????
Have I seen a U.F.O.?? YES !!! But was it of Alien origin or was it in fact of Earthly construction ??? I have absolutely no Idea !!!!

Here in Nevada at Area 51 is where the "Skunkworks" does much of it's testing. The B-2 was stationed and tested in Tonapah, the 117- Stealth was Based in Tonapah, until the Government introduced it formally to the U.S. public.
The skies above and around the Test Site is strictly Off Limits to any Aircraft, The Grounds are surrounded by High Fences, and have ground Vibration Sensing Devices around the Perimeter.. Along with vehicle armed guard patrols. This I know for a fact first handed.

OH, Yea... It's also where there are supposed to be Greys, still alive from the 1947 Rosswell New Mexico Crash..

Yep, As you can see, I try to read everything I can get my hands on, on the Subject. If nothing else, It's interesting to me..... Along with Big Foot, The Yeti, the Abominable Snowman, and Many other names it Carries throughout the World...Now I do have an interesting story about that,In Northern Idaho, around the Continental Mine, Just off the Canadian Border..... but Maybe another time....Naw, F--k No....You'd give me a , and say I was full of ****.. so why bother !!! L.O.L.....

Last edited by RON WOODGEARD; 01-25-2005 at 08:31 AM.
RON WOODGEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 02:56 AM   #15
67cst
i love summertime

what ben said

GLOVE BOX LIGHTS FORSALE, click link for info

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=273724
67cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 06:44 AM   #16
dtlilly
Account Suspended

MHC, thanks for the additional catagory

Ron, I bet you have seen some wild things out there in the desert. I was thinking about the stealth bomber. In the 1970,s, people were seeing UFO's in the shape of a triangle, now there is a bomber in the shape of a triangle. I bet alot of what we think are UFO's are actually secret government testing.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:23 AM   #17
RON WOODGEARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtlilly

Ron, I bet you have seen some wild things out there in the desert. I was thinking about the stealth bomber. In the 1970,s, people were seeing UFO's in the shape of a triangle, now there is a bomber in the shape of a triangle. I bet alot of what we think are UFO's are actually secret government testing.
I chased one of those Triangular things one night in my 3000 VR-4. The summer of 96, I and the wife were doing a Bonsai run on a favorite out in the middle of the Desert road. I was doing in excess of 140 and only got two glimpses of it through the hills in a 2 or so minute span. It was a swept back flying wing with Lights completely across the leading edge only,It was not a F-117, or the B-2.

In the mid 90's, They were messing around with a LARGE Bright Pulsating orange Globe..( probably still are) It would move at all different angles, and would Hover fairly high in the sky.. I looked at it through a Telescope one morning at about 3:30 AM.. That sucker was very large round..( my guess was 30 to 40') Weird Gyrating Lights.... Never did hear what it was..
They were testing a Missile in 2002 that was being shot from White Sands testing Facility, in New Mexico. It would travel from There to the Test site in Nevada, and go into a 36" round hole.. In other words a "Bunker Buster"....
If you knew somebody that would tell you when and where to look, You could see it go over with Binoculars..

Fox Mulder has a picture on his wall that says "They are out there"
Old 01-25-2005, 08:49 AM   #18
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtlilly

sorry I forgot to note that I did Don.. I just had NFC and couldn't choose
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:54 PM   #19
RANDY COX

Ufo's

Ok I admit it it was me flying around in my homemade magnet saucer,Rats,Iv'e been caught,He,He.No but seriously way over here in virginia one night there was two Helicopters following a black object just above the tree tops,moveing really slow Strange
Old 01-25-2005, 11:57 PM   #20
RON WOODGEARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANDY COX
Ok I admit it it was me flying around in my homemade magnet saucer,Rats,Iv'e been caught,He,He.No but seriously way over here in virginia one night there was two Helicopters following a black object just above the tree tops,moveing really slow Strange
What color were the Heli's ? Could you hear them ? I mean actually hear the "Whop Whop WHop from the rotor blades"
Old 01-26-2005, 09:16 PM   #21
RANDY COX

Not sure what color the heli's were cause it was dark,but that's what caught my attention,they had blinking lights but the object out in front had no visible lights just a dark shadow.wierd.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:39 AM   #22
GMC Jim

Ron, I will definitley go along with most everything you stated about UFO,s etc....As a former pilot I have seen some unexplainable 'objects' . I would say also that many airline pilots have seen stange craft near their aircraft. Most of these pilots will not say anything about their expierences concerning this, as they probably would not be believed and even mentioning UFO,s can invite critisism about their credibility.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:22 AM   #23
RON WOODGEARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC Jim
Ron, I will definitley go along with most everything you stated about UFO,s etc....As a former pilot I have seen some unexplainable 'objects' . I would say also that many airline pilots have seen stange craft near their aircraft. Most of these pilots will not say anything about their expierences concerning this, as they probably would not be believed and even mentioning UFO,s can invite critisism about their credibility.
A friend of mine was a Commercial Pilot for United, He was flying a long distance at a high altitude, He told me that he looked out to the side of the aircraft and seen an Object flying formation along side of him, He stated it absolutely was NOT any known aircraft to him.. He called the Tower and asked if they had any other aircraft in the Immediate area, or if they had anything on Radar. There answer was Negative, and Negative... The A.T.C. on the other end of the Mike asked why.. He told them nothing was unusual, just was curious....He said he didn't have the guts to go through what they may have thrown at him....
Old 01-27-2005, 09:33 AM   #24
dtlilly
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhc
sorry I forgot to note that I did Don.. I just had NFC and couldn't choose
Me too, I wish I had thought of that catagory. I chose I believe, because just because I haven't seen anything, doesn't mean they don't exist.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:32 AM   #25
TugOwar

I am a skeptic. But I still find the subject quite interesting, not to the point of seeking out all related material but if I happen accross something on TV or magazine it, message board, etc; it will usually hold my attention at least for awhile.

Quote:
Now I do have an interesting story about that,In Northern Idaho, around the Continental Mine, Just off the Canadian Border
Ron I want to hear your story man. I promise not to call BS on you.
TugOwar is offline   Reply With Quote