The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-02-2006, 03:08 AM   #26
BrianJordan
Iron Thunder

Re: Mind ya own Business.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ4U2C
Is there anyone like me, just out riding in my truck and you have someone come up to you and start telling ya about THE TIME. The time they had a truck just like yours and how fast, how shiny,how much money they had in
it and what you could do better if you did this or that............: Well can't we just enjoy what we like without that know it all, done it all, and had it all butting all up in our business. I know there has to be someone out there
that can understand where I coming from. Sorry but I had to vent
BrianJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:23 AM   #27
bskylerj
Account Suspended

Quote:
Thanks for all the responces. I think there may be a couple that maybe did misunderstand me........ it's not that I don't enjoy the attention over my truck, I do! And it's not that I don't like talking to people about it. Shoot I'm a very out going person and love to talk chrome, paint, speed, classics and all that goes along with all old vehicles, but come on guys don't stand in my face and talk trash about my truck. That's like saying a mans wife is fat and ugly, she maybe but don't him that because he must see something in her. Also I can listen and be the first to say that's a great idea but when ya talk trash and then walk off to get into something that drinks more oil than gas, well I just what to go
I agree on this part. I did misunderstand and appologize for that. I love the comments but do also hate the few jerks.
bskylerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:17 AM   #28
Lowered71

I think I got more praises for my truck when it was rusted and the bumper's were smashed, now it's just ricers saying there civic would smoke me, well it maybe old, and heavy, but it has 400hp at the wheels
Old 03-02-2006, 07:34 AM   #29
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krue
I don't have that problem, guess most people are trying to figure how long it's been since they've had a tetanus shot when they look at my truck.
When it was on the road
But even then people wouldask about it, even if they would not come close to it . It's all apart of the classic thing. I hope when mine is roadworthy again it will draw attention like many of your folks fine looking trucks do. I'll might even let their drool touch it. I know I have drolled over alot in my time.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!

Last edited by Palf70Step; 03-02-2006 at 07:34 AM.
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:15 AM   #30
sixty8c10
MY EX DRIVES A BROOM

my answer to all of those comments like , "why did you do that to a perfectly good vehicle?", is simply "Because I can." or "It wasn't perfectly good when I got it, but it is now."
i really love those guys that make the "i remember when........" comments because every once and awhile they end with "i think i may still have some of my old parts laying around, you want to come by and take a look"

Building Nemo -1968 C10 Long Bed

FRED -1947 KB-2 International
sixty8c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:50 AM   #31
Rokcrln

The best one I had was when my 71 truck was still on the road (6yrs ago) a guy stopped by in the parking lot to look at it. Then tell me about his truck kind of like mine but newer? He thought his was a 76 or so but was teh same hugger orange as mine... So I asked him about it and it turned out it was for sale but not advertised and sitting on his ranch (where it had been since 73) and only leaves to get more gas then back to the ranch. So I tel him I will come check it out and 2 days later I have a new 72 4x4 blazer sitting in my driveway with every option (but a BB) and only 70k orignal miles for the sum of 3K. Did I mention no rust anywhere at all. I spent the next two weeks cleaning and polishing and sold it the third week end for close to 10K! That money was my down payment on my first house that four years later I sold for a net profit of over 200K and was able to by my curent house with a shop and tons of room.

So the way I see it that blazer made me well over 200k and I owe it all to that guy who wanted to tell me about a truck he had like mine "but newer"..

Trust me it pays to listen!

Kevin
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:37 AM   #32
junkyardjohn

Quote:
Is there anyone like me, just out riding in my truck and you have someone come up to you and start telling ya about THE TIME. The time they had a truck just like yours and how fast, how shiny,how much money they had in
it and what you could do better if you did this or that............: Well can't we just enjoy what we like without that know it all, done it all, and had it all butting all up in our business. I know there has to be someone out there
YA KNOW... I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WHEN I GO OUT TO THE CLUBS AROUND HERE DANCING. WOMEN JUST FALL ALL OVER ME, & THERE IS ALWAYS A LONG LINE OF WOMEN WAITING TO DANCE WITH ME OR JUST TALK TO & COMPLIMENT ME. I ALSO HAVE THE FASTEST TRUCK, MEANEST DOG, PRETTIEST WOMAN, NICEST HOUSE & I CAN ALSO SING & DANCE BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE. I JUST WISH ALL THESE IDIOTS WOULD STOP POINTING IT OUT TO ME & PAYING ME COMPLIMENTS. WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST PUT THERE UNWANTED N.O.S. PARTS IN THE BACK OF MY PICKUP & KEEP THEIR LOUD MOUTHS SHUT. (BUNCH OF JERKS!!!) JOHN
I'VE NEVER EVER HAD ANYONE TALK SH!T ABOUT ANY OF MY TRUCKS & I'VE BEEN DRIVING THEM ALMOST EVERY MILE SINCE 1985. HMMMM IT MUST EITHER BE MY ATTITUDE OR YOURS. HMMMMM JOHN
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST

Last edited by junkyardjohn; 03-02-2006 at 11:43 AM.
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:27 PM   #33
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Quote:

Thanks for all the responces. I think there may be a couple that maybe did misunderstand me........ it's not that I don't enjoy the attention over my truck, I do! And it's not that I don't like talking to people about it. Shoot I'm a very out going person and love to talk chrome, paint, speed, classics and all that goes along with all old vehicles, but come on guys don't stand in my face and talk trash about my truck. That's like saying a mans wife is fat and ugly, she maybe but don't him that because he must see something in her. Also I can listen and be the first to say that's a great idea but when ya talk trash and then walk off to get into something that drinks more oil than gas, well I just what to go
I think the misunderstanding is due to the fact that you are saying two completely different things in each post

I've personally never had anyone say anything negative about my truck (a few ford guys have poked fun, but they were just messin with me.)
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:31 PM   #34
el curioso

I just remembered this one

"Why would you put so much money in to that old truck, look at my (specified vehicle here) and it only cost me (amount). It's new too."

Dont you just love people who are happy with the way their cars are cuz im happy with mine.
el curioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:35 PM   #35
whitesswj
Embrace the Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by boundstaffpress
Vent if you want to. We all need that.

That same guy will come over and lend a wrench if you brake down in front of McDonalds. Give him a chance to enjoy his memory and share in your experience even if it is only vicariously.

As an experiment raise your hood sometime in a parking lot and see how many guys stop in 15 minutes. All willing to help and all with a short story if you want to hear.

my .02

I've done this for just that purpose. At one time I had like 4 or 5 guys in the lot looking, each one asked, "anything wrong", there never is and I tell them, "Nope, just admiring the Under hood, it only looks good with the hood up."
sswj

Son, you just can't get there from here...
whitesswj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:46 PM   #36
shelby987

I have a few people that regularly come up to me and get that glossed over look on their faces when they look at my truck.....it seems that every guy over 40 had a father/brother/friend/or themselves that owned one of our generation trucks......I haven't had anyone of them tell me I need something new, I think many of them start kinda thinking about what the down payment on their leased truck was.....and almost wish they had shopped around a little for something like mine that they owned out right......but I don't like to solidify that idea in their heads, I just listen.......if everyone thought like us...the value of our trucks would go up.....and then I couldn't afford MORE!
1993 Olds. Cutlass Ciera Wagon Traded 2006
2003 Saturn L200 w/5pd. D/D
My list spans 5 decades with One common thread.....GM!
shelby987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 06:00 PM   #37
67Fleet
Outlandish Trends - FL

I love the attention that my truck brings. That's why I love driving it, that's why I love customizing it, and that's why I'm different. Being different is always going to bring extra attention. It is what it is, and it is what you make of it. It may never be "perfect", but I know that I built it how I wanted it and that's all that matters to me. I'm always up for constructive criticism. Free advice is the best kind, doesn't always mean you have to take it.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:35 AM   #38
68Stepbed

Apperently, we like to talk about talkin about our trucks..................so here is my input.

I had a guy once tell me I was crazy for spending $1400 for my crate engine and $600 for rebuilding my tranny. But ya know, I'm STILL driving mine around and his is still stuck in his back yard. That was three yrs. ago.

I agree with evryone here. I love it when people stop to talk to me about my truck, but sometimes I just happen to be in one of those moods when I don't care what they have to say or I don't have the time to chat. But I'm still polite to them and listen.

It is kind of funny when they talk about how great their ride was and now they're driving a minivan or SUV that the wife picked out. A guy asked my dad to price his 53 once. He told him he won't even price it cause it's not for sale. The guy said he used to have one like it. My dad responded by saying: "That's why I won't sell mine, I don't want to be staring at another guy's truck saying the same thing." The guy just had an face and calmly walked away.

Just keep your head up EZ. It all comes with the territory. We've all been there. It all gets better with that next "thumbs up" while ridin down the highway or sittin at a red light.

Speakin of "thumbs up", you got pics of that ride? Let's see em!

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:09 AM   #39
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Yep, I know "exactly" what you are talking about. I really apprecaite the attention and compliments my 77 Cheyenne gets. I think it's awesome that so many people had a Dad/Uncle/Grandfather with one just like it, except it was a red and white long bed. That part is cool!

On the other hand, I have had the guy that compliments my truck just to start a conversation to tell me I screwed up because I lowered it, or I didn't lower it enough, or.....?

I just smile and thank them for the compliments. Soon enough they will be replaced by someone that..... had a Dad/Uncle/Grandfather with one just like it, except it was a red and....

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:14 AM   #40
Jerry Jones
Happy Camper

I love pulling into a gas station with my '71 dragging my '63 Stevens flatbottom V-drive. The looks and comments are great. If I didn't like it I would have a late model truck and boat... Enjoy the looks and comments... it means UR doin' good.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:23 AM   #41
al's71gmc
4 eyed fever

In November of 2004 I was sitting in a store talking to the owner when a 72 GMC pulled into the gas station across the street. I walked over to talk to this stranger about his truck. I had been wanting one of these beautys for years. Less than a month later I was driving my "new 71" truck home from Idaho. Gotta love a classic GM truck!!
I have no time for ***holes, but most people I talk to are just admiring the best looking truck style ever built! And mine sure ain't no show truck.
1972 GMC Sierra Grande 1/2 t 4x4-#1 son's truck. Recently completed resto.

4 YO daughter," Daddy, I like your truck better than Mom's." (2000 F350-ranch truck) Smart kid!!
al's71gmc is offline   Reply With Quote