The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-25-2013, 12:20 AM   #1
chev3600

Re: 49/54 LS driver

This build was as much for my enjoyment as my two boys. The wife doesn't seem interested, but puts up with us. With the kids in mind, safety was key. I added three point seat belts from a 99 dakota and a second row seat from a durango. Very comfy and nice fit.

As long as we're inside the truck, I put autometer quad gauges into the factory gauge buckets and installed a new wiring harness.

Ive found the majority of a vintage air A/c and heater and am trying to get that assembled here soon. I attempted power windows but the motors were junk and couldnt lift the glass. So the manual stuff is fine for me. I did install a set of bear claw latches and AVS shaved handle kit. I am leaving the outer door handles because I like the look, but they are currently non functional.

Ive almost finished the windshield wiper setup using a surplus boat wiper motor found online (Thanks mknittle)

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/i...0/AD%20trucks/jumbled mess of unorganized photos

Last edited by chev3600; 01-25-2013 at 12:53 AM. Reason: corrected spelling
chev3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
alaska gasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chev3600 View Post
Ive almost finished the windshield wiper setup using a surplus boat wiper motor found online (Thanks mknittle)
I like your idea for the wipers. Have you been happy with the application and what exactly did you use?
alaska gasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 11:17 PM   #3
Robert Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by chev3600 View Post
This build was as much for my enjoyment as my two boys. The wife doesn't seem interested, but puts up with us. With the kids in mind, safety was key. I added three point seat belts from a 99 dakota and a second row seat from a durango. Very comfy and nice fit.

As long as we're inside the truck, I put autometer quad gauges into the factory gauge buckets and installed a new wiring harness.

Ive found the majority of a vintage air A/c and heater and am trying to get that assembled here soon. I attempted power windows but the motors were junk and couldnt lift the glass. So the manual stuff is fine for me. I did install a set of bear claw latches and AVS shaved handle kit. I am leaving the outer door handles because I like the look, but they are currently non functional.

The seat looks good. I bought one today, after seeing yours. How did you mount the Durango seats, and did you install adjusters.
Robert Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote