The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-15-2017, 12:47 PM   #1
Low Elco

Re: 73 gmc short Sierra Grande C1500

Man, that came out purty! I have a couple of Sata's, but man, they're thirsty. I get a lot of really fine fog when I use them. I could easily be doing something wrong, but my Devilbiss doesn't do it as bad. I want summa them bondo spreaders, I SUCK at it.
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:26 PM   #2
Jaysonb

Re: 73 gmc short Sierra Grande C1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Man, that came out purty! I have a couple of Sata's, but man, they're thirsty. I get a lot of really fine fog when I use them. I could easily be doing something wrong, but my Devilbiss doesn't do it as bad. I want summa them bondo spreaders, I SUCK at it.
I was worried about how much paint the sata use, awhile back I used an old sata jet 90 my buddy has, and that thing was a paint hog, and my exhaust fan couldn't keep up with the over spray. It left a good finish though. The sata 5000 is like a night and day difference, I think anyone could get a nice finish with it, and it seems to atomize the paint extremely well at lower pressure, so less over spray. I sprayed the clear on these inner fenders at 22 psi. I ordered up the sata 5000 hvlp to use for base coat, pretty excited to get that, and give it a shot.
Jaysonb is offline   Reply With Quote