The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-18-2018, 01:09 AM   #1
a1vintage69

Diving into my 72 Blazer interior

Just decided it to do my seats myself. Got the back seat done today, just need to paint the arm rests and the pads and it's done! Removed old covers then steamed the the foam to bring it back alive and up, new jute on the springs, painted the bottom brackets put the new covers on. Going to tackle the bucket seats tomorrow. The one ringle on the back top is from the seat cover, bad from factory, it should have never passed quality control at PUI. I guess I am saving about $$$ doing it myself. The hog ring pliers and hog ring clips and the jute material was $31. took a big step today. no more giving big bucks to upholstery guys.
Attached Images

a1vintage69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:38 PM   #2
72 CO Blazer

Re: Diving into my 72 Blazer interior

The back seat looks great - nice work!

I'm about to embark on recovering my seats as well but have been indecisive with choosing a vendor to make the purchase. I know from the various threads that Truckseats can deliver the best quality but I've been unable to get a response from recent (Dec 17) inquiries. Would you mins sharing where you ordered your PUI interior?

Also, I know your covers are Saddle in color but I'm wondering if anyone out there has a recommendation for Parchment/Off White colors. I've picked up from some vendors (Brothers and GMC Paul's) that there is an issue with the white bucket covers matching the rear seat cover. In fact, some vendors actually have the white bucket/rear seat covers listed as separate colors. I do believe that LMC's catalog has the color description for white matching but when I've called them, they are unable to tell me if they are PUI covers. I'd hate to purchase the covers and install them just to pull it out into the sun and find that the whites don't match. Does anyone have experience with the Parchment/Off White vinyl?

Please post an update once you are finished with the buckets - I'm interested to see them and hear your experience. Again, nice job!

Thanks!
72 CO Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:06 PM   #3
a1vintage69

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 CO Blazer View Post
The back seat looks great - nice work!

I'm about to embark on recovering my seats as well but have been indecisive with choosing a vendor to make the purchase. I know from the various threads that Truckseats can deliver the best quality but I've been unable to get a response from recent (Dec 17) inquiries. Would you mins sharing where you ordered your PUI interior?

Also, I know your covers are Saddle in color but I'm wondering if anyone out there has a recommendation for Parchment/Off White colors. I've picked up from some vendors (Brothers and GMC Paul's) that there is an issue with the white bucket covers matching the rear seat cover. In fact, some vendors actually have the white bucket/rear seat covers listed as separate colors. I do believe that LMC's catalog has the color description for white matching but when I've called them, they are unable to tell me if they are PUI covers. I'd hate to purchase the covers and install them just to pull it out into the sun and find that the whites don't match. Does anyone have experience with the Parchment/Off White vinyl?

Please post an update once you are finished with the buckets - I'm interested to see them and hear your experience. Again, nice job!

Thanks!
I got all my interior from Frank's Pick-M-Ups Truck Parts. His pricing is great and doesn't kill you on shipping. PUI takes about a month on seat covers but are not as beautiful as truck world truckseats
Old 01-18-2018, 02:12 PM   #4
72ironmike

Nice job ! I tried to do some 68 Corvette Buckets years ago and swore I'd never do that again !
72ironmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:08 PM   #5
a1vintage69

The buckets are more complicated as Donald Wright mentioned on the Blazer k5 facebook. The new seat covers and foam buns are not like the originals. I searched the interweb high and low and could not find a video of 69-72 blazer bucket seat recover. Lots of Chevelle, GTO and Camaro vids. I just need to see how it is done so I know if I am doing it right. I may have to take it apart to hog ring it in the bolster scroll pattern on each side. but would have to slice the foam and then there is nothing to hog ring it to. I need to see a video on the Blazers buckets
Old 04-02-2018, 12:04 AM   #6
Rick Allmon

Looking for a 69-72 Blazer rear seat any info on one would be nice
Rick Allmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:54 PM   #7
preciador6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Allmon View Post
Looking for a 69-72 Blazer rear seat any info on one would be nice
There is two on craigslist Inland empire.
preciador6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 01:18 PM   #8
A1971Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1vintage69 View Post
The buckets are more complicated as Donald Wright mentioned on the Blazer k5 facebook. The new seat covers and foam buns are not like the originals. I searched the interweb high and low and could not find a video of 69-72 blazer bucket seat recover. Lots of Chevelle, GTO and Camaro vids. I just need to see how it is done so I know if I am doing it right. I may have to take it apart to hog ring it in the bolster scroll pattern on each side. but would have to slice the foam and then there is nothing to hog ring it to. I need to see a video on the Blazers buckets
You will need to get new foam that has the wires embedded in it...then you can hog ring through the wires in the covers into the wires in the foam....
what I discovered on mine is that the original seat manufacturer installed the springs then molded the foam in place....
I sandblasted the frames and tried to get all the old foam out of the crevices....then put in new springs and foam...
Name:  IMG_1375.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  51.9 KB
1972 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer

Last edited by A1971Blazer; 05-02-2018 at 02:10 PM.
A1971Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote