The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-24-2010, 05:52 PM   #1
FamilyMike

The new project.

Well after weeks of searching all years and models of chevy trucks. I finally got my first truck project. 350 motor, auto. 84 Chevy longbed. Something my wife/daughter or myself can drive. Can also drive while working on one panel at a time...LOL. Here are some pictures of it. I just picked it up today. Son and I removed the bed bars, tool box and started to just clean it up. Let the fun begin.....
Attached Images

FamilyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
79gmc5.3
6.0L power.........

Re: The new project.

Congrats neighbor! I live in Acworth! Looks like a solid truck. What are your plans?
1995 Mustang GT 347
79gmc5.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
FamilyMike

Hey neighbor! Thanks, Well my thoughts were to clean it up a bit...I mean get rid of the stake pockets, smooth them out, remove rear bumper, roll pan in rear, billet grille in front, given is has blue interior, a silver/dark blue two tone paint scheme...Then lower a bit....nothing major, maybe 2/2 drop, clean motor, headers, header mufflers, with some pipes cut out before rear wheels, new tires, maybe some new wheels, Depends on how things progress. Like I said one panel at a time..this way keep tooling around town.

If anyone has them, some pics of rear roll panned long beds, billet grilles etc.

Oh yea, tint the windows as well.

Don't want to do a frame off of nothing like that, Just clean up the undersides etc. The only rust through on the whole truck is the pass bed side, no very much though. I think it is very solid.

Maybe we can park next to each other at a local show or something.... Trucks are all about working on them, and then sitting and relaxing with good friends and a beverage!!!

Pics will be forthcoming of the other side...
Old 05-02-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
FamilyMike

Well, got the tool box out that was in back. Took off the bed bars. Removed all the size moldings and emblems to get ready to start some body work soon. Took off the a/c compressor.....ordered my headers and header mufflers. I will need a non a/c powersteering bracket to get rid of the huge a/c, p/s combo bracket. If anyone is interested, getting rid of a/c compressor and want to get rid of the cruise servo....Some more pics coming once I get moving along....tune up to be done when do headers. WOOHOO on my way.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #5
FamilyMike

plans change......now pulling the motor and rebuilding, headers, header mufflers, stock rebuild new cam, lifters, timing/gears, bearings, pushrods, rockers, valve seals, rings, possibly pistons as I already have but beleive need to be pressed on rods.... Then once this is done....will focus on the body. Will try to post some pics sooner or later.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #6
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

Why are you getting rid of the A/C? If you dont want that huge compressor you could get a serp bely set-up from a 88-98 305 or 350 with the small compressor. Nice looking truck by the way.

My Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=799218

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.
STOCKISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:15 PM   #7
FamilyMike

Well, this is not going to be driven everyday... I love the look of just the motor sitting in the engine compartment. Nothing all around it. Just my preference. No cruise servo or anything like that, no air or smog items etc.