The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-01-2002, 09:50 PM   #1
Yachtcare

Question Can I transplant '76 1/2 ton Suburban..

Spindles and rotors to my '68 C 10? I know I will have to replace the rotors or modify existing to keep six lug pattern. Will this transplant effect the STOCK ride height(Which I want to retain)?I am also planning to utilize the power steering box, and hopefully the brake booster, prop valve etc. from the Suburban into the '68. Am i asking for trouble?, Alignment problems? I am new to this and would appreciate any insight those in the know could give. Thanks, Tony
1961 Chevy Apache 10 SWB fleet, 1970 GMC 1500 SWB fleet(getting 6.2L Detroit turbo Diesel), 1994 Chevy 3500 Crew Cab Dually 4X4 6.5L turbo Diesel. 1990 Chevy class "C" RV on G van chassis. Pics at www.picturetrail.com/yachtcare
Yachtcare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 03:44 AM   #2
GMCPaul

Will not affect your ride height, if frame is dimpled for power steering it will not be a problem either if not dimpled you will need a power steering conversion kit, you can get by with just spacing the box out on the frame but it will tear at the bolt holes if not reinforced with a backing plate, you can swap on 6 lug rotors if the 76 front end uses 1 1/4" thick rotors, if its the lightweight 1" ones no one makes a 6 lug rotor for them. We carry the 6 lug american made rotor and hub assembly that fits 71-87 truck spindles on the following page
http://www.gmcpauls.com/Brakes&Steering.htm
and if you need rebuilt calipers, new pads, rotors and inner and outer bearings,seals, nuts, castle nuts, dust caps, & hoses you can't beat the price on our 6 lug kit that gives you all these pieces. Everything in kit is made in USA except the pads.
GMCPaul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 12:04 AM   #3
Fast68Chevy
Account Suspended

neat, did not know 6 lug ones were the 1.25" ones, good to learn!
Fast68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote