The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-02-2017, 08:13 PM   #26
Houston Ben

Re: Is it my tune??

Ugg, this stuff is killing me, probably should have just had it tuned. I don't know hoy you all figure this stuff out.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:00 AM   #27
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Ben View Post
Ugg, this stuff is killing me, probably should have just had it tuned. I don't know hoy you all figure this stuff out.
Don't get to disheartened Ben, there is a learning curve to the software and tuning. The first thing I would do based on looking at your current tune, is to put everything in your transmission section back to stock like the factory tune I sent you. Once that is done, send me a copy of the "new" tune and I will check it out for you.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:34 PM   #28
davepl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Ben View Post
Like anything else, one little bit at a time. But you're trying to "drink from the firehose" so it's a little intimidating I'm sure.

Normally people start out with fan settings, maybe a gear ratio change, then progress to fattening up the fuel curve during power enrichment, small changes like that.

The normal learning cycle isn't "You have a new motor with 40 codes set, good luck!"

So hang in there, it'll slowly make a little more sense each day! If you can find a tuner/expert to get this up and running, I'd think that'd be a good idea. I don't think you'll push through this one all alone without some luck!
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:22 PM   #29
Houston Ben

Thanks for all the help and support. I believe I have all parameters set back to original and then I will be able to go from there. I will keep updating.

Ben
Old 04-06-2017, 10:30 PM   #30
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Hey Ben, check your engine grounds too and make sure that a) they are all there and b)they are adequately sized straps/wire and clean mounting locations.

I looked back at your codes, and it reads more like a continuos diag. failure, not a series of actually triggered codes. After making sure the grounds are good and your battery is charged (and/or on a maintenance charger), try clearing the codes and trying again. I'm wondering if low voltage through the circuit is triggering failures.

Remember pretty much all the sensors output their readings in either voltage or resistance, so bad grounding or low power on a circuit can cause every component on that circuit to create bad values.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:48 PM   #31
Houston Ben

Thanks Br3w, will do. I was able to return my transmission to stock form (Thanks Hart-Rod) and it is soooo different driving it now. I ran the DTC scan and nothing was coming up, so hopefully this did something. I only took it for a short drive so I will update after more driving.

Love this forum and the members!!
Old 04-16-2017, 03:23 PM   #32
Houston Ben

Did a few more adjustments that were recommended and it shifts wayyy better. Hopefully it won't rain as much as forecasted to I can put some more miles on it and go from there.

I am looking at purchasing the Tuning School's 6-Speed Automatic Transmission Tuning Guidboom they have put out on this transmission. Rob said it would probably be good, anyone have experience with this book?
Old 04-19-2017, 11:10 AM   #33
Aaronoregon

I just bought the new Tuning School GM books and went a different direction. I would let them go for $395, that $100 off. They are brand new in the box. PM me if interested.
Aaronoregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:32 AM   #34
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronoregon View Post
I just bought the new Tuning School GM books and went a different direction. I would let them go for $395, that $100 off. They are brand new in the box. PM me if interested.
What direction did you go?
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:27 PM   #35
davepl

BTW, just by coincidence, the next thread up is user Aaronoregon offering tuning services for LS motors. I don't know him, but maybe you should ping him!
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:23 PM   #36
chevy72blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepl View Post
Like anything else, one little bit at a time. But you're trying to "drink from the firehose" so it's a little intimidating I'm sure.

Normally people start out with fan settings, maybe a gear ratio change, then progress to fattening up the fuel curve during power enrichment, small changes like that.

The normal learning cycle isn't "You have a new motor with 40 codes set, good luck!"

So hang in there, it'll slowly make a little more sense each day! If you can find a tuner/expert to get this up and running, I'd think that'd be a good idea. I don't think you'll push through this one all alone without some luck!

logged in to say this cracked me up. I've been thinking about buying HP Tuners... My LS1 is stock but the 1-2 shift is VERY firm. Otherwise no issues. My tuner is extremely busy and couldnt fix it the first time around...

Any update OP?

'72 C20 SWB convert. 5 lug, LS1/4l60e
chevy72blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:25 PM   #37
Houston Ben

Hi Aaron, I will have to swing that by the boss. I just dropped 800 on the HP tuner and he Tuning School's 6-Speed Automatic Transmission Tuning Guide.

I was able to drive it Monday and it is SOOOOO much better (Thanks again Rob!). I would still like a little more of the tq management taken out but am waiting till the book comes in which should be here tomorrow or Saturday. I will be driving it again tomorrow.

Will keep all posted of my findings!