The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-24-2022, 09:17 PM   #5126
dsraven

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

chopped 53, you gotta post up a full array of pics after a quick interior shot like that!!!!
c'mon man. interior, exterior, under hood, front, rear, side........
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 08:56 PM   #5127
fauXGT

Got the biggest front sway bar made for the c-4 Vette. Mounted the 'Flat Out' adapters and bar. Hope it can be aligned properly being I've only done stock mods, not 35+ years difference. Still working on rear sway bar... if needed. Front suspension almost done.
Attached Images

'92 GMC Sonoma GT VIN #0015
'91 GMC Sonoma GT extended cab 1 of 1
.....and more trucks
fauXGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 04:28 PM   #5128
Chopped53

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
chopped 53, you gotta post up a full array of pics after a quick interior shot like that!!!!
c'mon man. interior, exterior, under hood, front, rear, side........
Thanks Ogre and Dsraven for the kind words.

Here's her story: It started over 40 years ago when a local farmer gave us the truck if we would remove from his property. That's my Dad and I picking her up in 1979.

We chopped it together in 1980-81. Then life got in the way, but after school, work, overseas assignment, marriage, kids and other life events, we finally got back to it in 2017. Thanks to my Dad for his enormous help and expertise throughout the project. I learned so much!

Body work and paint all done in the driveway by Bill Sr and Jr. (mostly Sr).

Art Morrison GT Sport Chassis including parallel 4 bar rear suspension, IFS, Strange Engineering coil overs and rear end, Wilwood discs; Chevy Performance 350 with aluminum heads and Holley carb.

Thanks for looking.
Attached Images

Chopped53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 04:38 PM   #5129
Chopped53

@Dsraven : I see you are from Calgary. Here are a few more from the area including Olds and Lethbridge. That's my Dad's '34 Ford Tudor. I like the one next to a nice stock height truck at a Chevy truck meet in Olds last year. Plus one more gratuitous interior shot!
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2022, 08:15 AM   #5130
mick53

I'm getting closer on the blower scoop. I finished so far with 1000 grit. I'll do 1200 and 1500 then go to compounds. It's getting easier and more rewarding.
Attached Images

mick53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 11:40 PM   #5131
mick53

I'm getting close on my blower scoop. There is this one deep divot in the front of the scoop. It's too deep to block out. I thought about TIGing a spot of aluminum into it but on cast that can get out of hand real quick. I could just live with it. These things happen on cast. I decided to just polish a little low spot into it. I'm guessing I have 4 or 5 hours left until it's done. Thank you for your time.
I have no idea why my pictures are coming out upside down. Maybe I need to load them 1 at a time. I have one stoned 3 legged blind squirrel internet here.
Attached Images

Last edited by mick53; 03-29-2022 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-30-2022, 12:01 AM   #5132
dsraven

hey chopped, that is a really nice looking truck and good background story too. cool when something can stay in the family for so long.
mick, holy, thats like a mirror. you are gonna have it so shiny you won't wanna start it up. lol.
Old 03-30-2022, 12:04 AM   #5133
dsraven

mick, if you wanna break from polishing, check out the "pics and how to post" thread by snickers. you may need to download the pics from your phone to your desktop, set them right side up, then download them to the site from there.
Old 03-30-2022, 04:40 PM   #5134
mick53

Quote:
mick, if you wanna break from polishing, check out the "pics and how to post" thread by snickers. you may need to download the pics from your phone to your desktop, set them right side up, then download them to the site from there.
Thanks. I don't know what's going on. I download them from my phone to Google photos then edit them to try to clean them up. Then I download them to my laptop and then download them to the site. They are right side up when I download them to the site. It's a new problem. Batteries tires and computers don't like me.
Old 03-30-2022, 04:47 PM   #5135
mick53

I'm done with the scoop. It looks better than the pictures. I don't know why it doesn't photograph better.
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2022, 10:14 PM   #5136
Rickysnickers

Wow, tedious, but impressive work!
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 11:20 AM   #5137
Russell Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped53 View Post
Thanks Ogre and Dsraven for the kind words.

Here's her story: It started over 40 years ago when a local farmer gave us the truck if we would remove from his property. That's my Dad and I picking her up in 1979.

We chopped it together in 1980-81. Then life got in the way, but after school, work, overseas assignment, marriage, kids and other life events, we finally got back to it in 2017. Thanks to my Dad for his enormous help and expertise throughout the project. I learned so much!

Body work and paint all done in the driveway by Bill Sr and Jr. (mostly Sr).

Art Morrison GT Sport Chassis including parallel 4 bar rear suspension, IFS, Strange Engineering coil overs and rear end, Wilwood discs; Chevy Performance 350 with aluminum heads and Holley carb.

Thanks for looking.
You should have left those turn signals on the top of he cab, LOL. Jokeing!!
You've done some impressive work on it, and it shows. You have had that truck so long it's a family heirloom now. I hope you have a kid who wants it and appreciates it and will take good care of it when you get ready to pass it on.
Russell Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 11:24 AM   #5138
vintovka

Did the shop do the steer column cover under the dash???
vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 10:23 AM   #5139
Chopped53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Ashley View Post
You should have left those turn signals on the top of he cab, LOL. Jokeing!!
You've done some impressive work on it, and it shows. You have had that truck so long it's a family heirloom now. I hope you have a kid who wants it and appreciates it and will take good care of it when you get ready to pass it on.
Thanks Russell. My son is a huge fan of classic cars and trucks but is really busy with his education right now. Like that old song by Harry Chapin said, "My boy is just like me.." I'm really enjoying sharing this with my Dad right now. He gets almost as excited as me when we talk about our next task or our next event. (bed wood is next).
Old 04-01-2022, 10:29 AM   #5140
Chopped53

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintovka View Post
Did the shop do the steer column cover under the dash???
I think this question might be for me. Yes, the upholstery guy fashioned a piece of sheet metal to surround the lower part of the steering column and covered it with carpet. The column is a tilt/tele unit out of a '68 Olds and is kinda messy looking on the lower end. I haven't decided if I like the cover yet.
Old 04-08-2022, 11:15 AM   #5141
JayB22

I temporarily fit some new seats. I’ll still have to work on a proper install but it looks like they should work. Not bad for $40.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rickysnickers; 04-08-2022 at 06:00 PM.
JayB22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 11:23 AM   #5142
dsraven

Looks great.
There is a thread on posting pics so they end up right side up. Or, PM rickysnickers, he made the thread.
Do your seats slide fore to aft?
Old 04-08-2022, 11:25 AM   #5143
dsraven

Looks great.
There is a thread on posting pics so they end up right side up. Or, PM rickysnickers, he made the thread.
Old 04-08-2022, 11:41 AM   #5144
JayB22

Quote:
Looks great.
It seemed like with my phone if I had my phone turned sideways when I take the picture, it posts it the correct way. I'll try to look up that post you are talking about. Thanks.

I was able to use the factory seat frame so it still has the original sliding mechanism in it which still works. The back of the seat came with some hooks at the top that were the proper height to hook onto the top rail of the original seat frame as well. I just have to build up a proper base/mount for the bottom and find a good way to properly secure the seat and add seatbelts. That should be pretty minor. I'm a long ways from needing seats, but it feels good to know I don't have to search for a seat anymore. I did have to pull the leather back and cut about 4-5" of foam off of the top of the seat so they wouldn't stick up too high and hit the back windows. This allowed me to get the back rest farther back to where it should be and get a nice posture in the seat as well.
Old 04-08-2022, 06:04 PM   #5145
Rickysnickers

Or just wait. I come through and straighten out pictures for people . Said in my best R. Lee Ermey voice, "Private Pyle, if there is one thing in this world that I hate, it is a twisted picture!" HAHAHAHAHA
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 06:45 PM   #5146
JayB22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickysnickers View Post
Or just wait. I come through and straighten out pictures for people . Said in my best R. Lee Ermey voice, "Private Pyle, if there is one thing in this world that I hate, it is a twisted picture!" HAHAHAHAHA
Hah thanks for helping me out. I read through the picture thread and didn’t have time to reformat and re upload it. This was much easier for me. Haha.
Thanks again
Old 04-09-2022, 12:27 AM   #5147
joedoh

looks like a good fit, and comfy!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 11:34 AM   #5148
MARTINSR

I didn't "do" anything on my truck but I randomly checked ebay for parts for my 53-55 Corvette tail lights (they cost a LOT) and found these pieces of the quarter panel off a Vette! WHOOOOO HOOOOO! I have looked for these a LOT, wasn't even thinking about it because I have never seen a pair like this! They usually come one at a time and random as heck. To get a pair, this was a treasure! I will be working on them soon for the truck.

I am not kidding, I think I have the drive, I think I am on the 5 minute a day plan again! I did some things last night and will today.

This all hit me a few days ago. The oldest in my family, my beautiful Aunt Bernadette passed away at 95. She was a VERY classy lady who always drove something fancy, sports cars usually. Well, after her passing it just hit me, I need to get on my truck! I need to drive it every day! I hope I can stay with it, and I REALLY feel like I can so here goes!

I am off to the store to get another shed so I can put parts in it that are in the way in the garage and to put the bed in as I need to take it apart and put it away, it's ready to paint and it's just in the way now.

Anyway, hope I will have it on a roll!

Brian
Attached Images

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 11:51 AM   #5149
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I for one am glad you are still here posting with us. Your paint related posts as well as the others have been a huge asset to this community. Sorry for the loss of your aunt. Looking forward to your truck adventures
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 10:21 AM   #5150
oldman3

Sorry for you lose, glad your back at it...Jim
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote