The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
Cherub

Project Persistance

Ever since my Family has gotten bigger the 2dr truck wont fit us all when we go to car meets, so we needed something bigger. Ive been intruiged with several suburbans and crew cabs on here. I set out to find one that met my needs. 1973-78 1/2 ton 2wd 454 with all the trim that wouldnt break the bank. After a year of searching ive found the ONE. Only down side is that its in Fresno California so i have to have is shipped to here in Houston. The 60 couple i bought it from used it for the better part of 30 years to take thier kids on trips and tow thier boat to the lake. Its been a part of thier family so its nice that it will continue its life taking my kids on trips.....

The Plans are to remove running boards, bumper guards, hood visor and dumbo mirrors. Initially im going with a static drop with 20" rims that are on my truck. long term plans will be bags and a 6.0 LSX swap. Here are the pics that me decide to pick this one.

Last edited by Cherub; 06-07-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote