The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-13-2016, 01:40 PM   #1
pvtcook

LMC side body molding. Warning!!

Hey guys. New to the forum. But wanted to share my experience with LMC. I ordered the precut side body molding kit for my 88 K5 got the kit and it only included enough to do the sides and not the tailgate piece. So I gave them a call and ask about it. Told them that I thought a kit would include enough trim to do a complete truck. She looked it up and said that the kit does not include the tailgate piece I also looked and it's not stated anywhere that the tailgate piece is not included in The kit. So after arguing w her I ask for the manager. And he basically said that the vendor that provides that kit didn't include the tailgate piece and that I would need to ordered a rollto complete the truck. That's another $90. However I looked at the kit for the suburban and it has the tailgate piece included for the same price that I paid for mine. Go figure lol. So just wanted to let everyone know if you need a side molding kit don't buy from LMC.
Posted via Mobile Device
pvtcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 10:28 PM   #2
A1980GMC

Re: LMC side body molding. Warning!!

I had an issue with them recently. I bought a "kit" as well. It came with the window weatherstriping/felts, on shell seal and vent window seal. It said it was for a 73-75 Blazer/Jimmy. But the window felts were the same as the truck and later model Blazers. They were not for the full convertible doors. I argued back and forth with them via email. Eventually they gave me a $50 gift card and said sorry.

I can cut the window felts to fit better but wanted to see if anyone sold the correct ones first. I haven't found the correct ones anywhere. So I guess everyone just cuts these down.
A1980GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 10:37 PM   #3
pvtcook

Well I'm not trying to start trouble for them. But to me it's ridiculous. If you order their "kit" how do they expect you to complete the truck? They don't sell it by the foot. Like I said the manager said I would have to buy a roll. So I need to buy a $90 roll plus shipping to do a 5' tailgate. I was told by somebody that the kit for the trucks included the tailgate piece too. So the K5 kit is the only one that doesn't come w it I guess. Crazy! I found it on eBay for $3.75 per foot. Plus $14 shipping. What really ticks me off is that now if I return it I have to pay shipping to send it back. Oh well you live and learn.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:42 AM   #4
Keith Seymore

By way of comparison my pickup truck kit included everything (included the tailgate piece) plus a little left over.

K
1986 - 2019
Intro from an Old Assembly Guy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
My Pontiac story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
Chevelle intro: http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
Keith Seymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 10:53 PM   #5
86454k30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
By way of comparison my pickup truck kit included everything (included the tailgate piece) plus a little left over.

K
Mine too for what its worth.
86454k30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:40 PM   #6
pvtcook

I sent it back to LMC. Bought a roll of 34' for $78 from my local body shop supply. Had more than enough.