The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-22-2005, 05:39 PM   #1
Gyva

71 GMC Jimmy to be for sale soon

This is a GMC Jimmy I picked up off Ebay out of Logan Utah for the sum of $470.00 It was a wreck.

Grill beyond repair, missing rocker panels, smashed windshield, missing rear hatch, Frozen 350 (owner said hood was lifeted up for 10 years while it snowed and rained down the intake manifold, I pulled the drain plug and got straight water for minutes!!!) The fender was smashed, driver side door smashed. Rear end was blown up (had to take one with me to dolly it back) complete wire harness was disconnected and rolled up in corner of engine compartment cracked and usless. And the Wasps!!!! I battled wasps for 2 months untill the cold set in and killed them, they made their homes in the ashtray, tail gate, under the dash, in the doors it was scary to work on it I got stung only once.

Now: has a nice V8 283 or is it 286??? I know its chevys small V8, first one I've delt with. Engine has edelbrock 625 cfm carb sitting on top a weiand intake. all brackets and engine and compartment has been painted. Truck will be metallic purple when finshed with silver flake. interior will have all new carpet front and back, with rhino lined rear tub sides and inner tail gate. seats will get covered and dash, doors, floor kick panels will also get the paint treatment. tint the windows, hook up new flowmaster exhaust. maybe 4 inch lift with 33 - 35 tires. And I know I've left a great deal out lol

here she is about 2 months ago, I now have a grill on it, and a lot of it sanded down getting ready for paint. Engine is also completed and buttoned up.
Attached Images

Gyva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 05:41 PM   #2
Gyva

Yes, thats a chevy driverside fender that I had to drill to get GMC emblem and corner crome piece to fit... but it worked.

Mike
Old 01-23-2005, 10:50 AM   #3
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Looks good and it looks like you are keeping it a gmc... Congrats

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 07:23 PM   #4
Gyva

Oh ya, I like the 4 head light look and I like the huge amount of crome on the GMC grills. Its a shame more seek out the blazer then the old Jimmy.... I wonder what actual production numbers were for the Jimmy vs. the Blazer??? which ones are more hard to find? I'm going to guess its the GMC's... I'll get more pics of this one next week sometime when it gets a coat of new paint.... (just got to wait for that hatch to arrive from Canada)

Mike...
Old 01-23-2005, 08:09 PM   #5
Gee_Emm
Account Suspended

Approx. 1 GMC for every 3 Chevys

Actual production numbers have yet to be found.
Gee_Emm is offline   Reply With Quote