The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #1
hick

Electrical Reset While Driving

Hey Guys,

I hate to be one of those guys that come in here just looking for help, but the bank account is preventing me to getting to crazy with this truck ATM, so its just a matter of trying to keep it on the road...

I am running an 02 GMC 1500 with 410km on the stock 5.3l... Haha I know, but she just won't give up... Just complains from time to time

Driving down the road truck runs fine, doesn't miss a beat. Suddenly the dash lights up like a christmas tree including the little display on the left (picture of the battery) and my heater quits. Every thing goes back to normal and the heater won't work for 5-20 mins then suddenly kicks it. During this whole time every thing else works perfect. Radio doesn't skip, AUX power outlets don't miss a beat, just the heater and the dash (which after a few seconds goes back to normal other then the battery light)

It got pretty bad to the point where i traveled 60km and it didn't reg on my odometer...

I was in a bind at the time and i knew some thing serious was wrong so i tossed a new battery and alternator right in. Battery was shot but i was unable to get the alt tested do i just swapped it while i had the tools out

Truck has run perfect till tonight...

Suggestions?