The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-23-2017, 10:18 AM   #1
vikingsandpintos

LMC vent assembly fitment issue?

I am changing the window regulators in my daughters 67 C10. The vent windows were pretty rough, so while they are all apart I ordered new assemblies from LMC. This is just a daily driver quality truck, not a show truck, but still want it looking decent. She wants to have it going for a small local car show next week so trying to hurry and finish enough to make it take-able! lol

Put the driver side in last night. All the screw holes line up, but it seems to sit a little low. There is a small gap at the very top, enough to see light thru. It looks like it needs to be a little taller, or move up some, but there just isn't any adjustment to slide it up. Does this look right? Can I just put some clear RTV to seal it, or is it just not correct? Also, at the bottom, the seal doesn't quite touch the outer door where the big window trim is. Do I have that all correct, or does the long door piece need to be trimmed? I think the PO put that trim on it, not sure if it is original or not, but looks long to me. But, I'm new to these trucks and have nothing to compare to previously.

As a side note, what is the best way to lube the slides, to keep the new regulator happy? Just white lithium or WD40 sprayed in there good, or something else? Thanks!
Attached Images

vikingsandpintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:44 PM   #2
randy500
Account Suspended

Re: LMC vent assembly fitment issue?

The outer window rubber is too long, it should meet at the division bar of the vent window. You also may have to squeeze your inner and outer door together at the same point to close up the gap after you fix the rubber problem.
Post a picture of how the vent window fits at he front
randy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:45 PM   #3
randy500
Account Suspended

Does the inner fuzzie on the door glass fit the same as the outer?
randy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 11:26 AM   #4
vikingsandpintos

The inner fuzzy only overlaps about a 1/4" over the chrome vertical part, not all the way past and more like the outer one.

I tried moving it up again last night, loosened all the screws and lifted as much as I could, but there is basically no movement and still has that gap at the top.

I guess I will see what the other side looks like when I change it. Right now, it looks like my options are....

(1) Pull it and send it back, and either hope for a better one or order from somewhere else, just LMC was cheapest by a bunch on this particular item.

(2) Try and elongate all the holes in the door and see if I can slide it up the 1/4" I am lacking, but really not liking that idea, and not real sure it would work anyway!!

(3) Just sealing the gap with clear silicone, which I shouldn't have to do on a $210 part, plus it just doesn't look good even though it's not a $20,000 show truck.

I don't even want to lube it all up right now, in case I decide to pull it and send it back. So for now I will just check the other side and see how that goes together, and after her car show Tuesday figure out what I'm doing.

Sigh............
vikingsandpintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 12:35 PM   #5
leftybass209

You're singing the LMC blues. They have great catalogs, but that's about it. Companies like GMCPauls and Classic Heartbeat carry the best parts available for these trucks.

I'd return it if you aren't happy. A quick fix with silicone isn't the answer.
leftybass209 is offline   Reply With Quote