The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #26
kalbert

Re: Dual Snorkel Intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
Always wanted to do this, very well executed!
kalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #27
Malo83
Cruzzzn' Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
If stock appearance and sneaky is more your thing then you don't need all the flashy intake stuff.

Here's mine. I did this maybe 15-18 years ago. I have a complete dual snorkle air cleaner setup from a 305HO camaro but I preferred to keep the stock stuff and modify a bit.

I simply grabbed an extra air cleaner with the same snorkle from the junk yard, along with another intake hose and the plastic connector that clips onto the core support. The nice part is that most of these core supports are made with the intake hose holes already there on both sides (mine does) so it's just as simple as hooking it up.

I drilled the spot welds for the snorkle on the junk yard air cleaner, measured and cut the hole on my air cleaner. Spot welded the snorkle on, did a little touch up paint at the spot welds. Luckily the junk yard snorkle had about the same "patina" as my air cleaner assembly so it matches perfectly and looks as though it belongs there without having to paint the entire assembly

Most people look at this and don't even notice that it's not a factory setup, only a very few keen eyes have even caught it. (not that I open the hood for everyone though )

I also removed all the baffling inside the air cleaner that surrounds both the air filter and surrounds the throat of the carb so I get unrestricted fresh outside airflow.

I LIKE IT!
Malo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #28
mrhino
Account Suspended

finished mine up today. I had a hole left from the warm air thing-em-bob that i had to remove. So I made a nice plate out of aluminium for a emblem or sticker or something someday.

to bad the rest of the engine dont look as clean and new
mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote