The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2015, 08:16 PM   #1
zachjans

1972 Jimmy Restore

Hey Guys, new to the forum but I thought I'd share a project I started with my dad in April. We purchased a 1972 GMC Jimmy 4x4 and have begun a full restoration/restomod on it since then. Our Progress has been pretty puny due to school and work taking up most of our time but as the holiday nears I hope some good progress will be made. Since April, we've begun tearing down the truck removing the front clip, fenders doors, and everything in the engine bay but the engine itself (though I hope we will get it out either this weekend or next)

Now, about the truck itself. The truck is in pretty decent condition besides the rockers and floor pans. The body work had been begun on the rear passenger fender and the paint had been stripped. I believe the truck was originally orange.The truck has a stock chevy 350 and auto trans and my dad and I are looking at possible swaps for the engine, we are even considering diesel. (cummins or maybe a duramax) but this is a very expensive deal from what I understand. I will definitely be putting a manual trans in it. I think we are going to paint the truck white, and the top black. The truck is pretty rough now, but follow for a little while and you'll hopefully see this thing get transformed into a beast.

Zach
Attached Images

zachjans is offline   Reply With Quote