The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2009, 09:43 PM   #1
bjcaldwe

AD Truck Project

I decided to start a build thread for my project. There has not been a whole lot done to it, but I will add information as it progresses. The hope is to build a really low, loud and simple truck that I can cruise, and hopefully be reliable enough to drive to work some as well.

A little background. I have about a 49 3 window gmc on a s-10 clipped frame. I have most of the front end and most of the bed minus rear fenders.

I then picked up a 51 chevy 5 window cab, a running board, another gmc hood and grill. So the plan is to build about a 51ish 5 window gmc. Right now the motor will probably just be a 305 with a small cam, and a turbo 350 to get started. Down the road if I can afford to go the LS route I would love to. I have the 5.3 in my 04 crew cab and like it a lot.

For suspension the front clip already answers the disk brakes, and power steering question I would like to bag at least the front to start with and maybe do mono leaf and bag in the rear. This build will be in parts, so the common denominator is getting the body straight and then getting it running. If funding allow after that I may do a triangulated 4link.

For wheels I would love to do 17in steelies but will probably do 15in to start with, or whatever is handy a the time. Anyways, as Joe says, Yall like pictures! So here are a few.

Don't worry this was a very temporary arrangement till I built my cab dolly.

One of the doors that came with the 5 window cab. It had all good glass except the windshield.

Last edited by bjcaldwe; 03-14-2010 at 11:36 PM.
bjcaldwe is offline   Reply With Quote