The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-10-2010, 09:33 PM   #1
WHITE-NOISE

56 inch rear springs

who can tell me where to get a "heavier" rear 56 inch leaf spring set, the ones in my 68 are shot and i would like to get at least a 7 leaf pack.....i thought about swaping in a set from a 1 ton 80's truck but they are skinnier than than mine. i think mine are 3 inches wide and the newer ones are 2.5?
WHITE-NOISE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:38 PM   #2
morgan71

Re: 56 inch rear springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-NOISE View Post
who can tell me where to get a "heavier" rear 56 inch leaf spring set, the ones in my 68 are shot and i would like to get at least a 7 leaf pack.....i thought about swaping in a set from a 1 ton 80's truck but they are skinnier than than mine. i think mine are 3 inches wide and the newer ones are 2.5?
As far as I know you cant buy rear springs for your truck off the shelf. I had mine for my 67 custom made by Tulsa Spring in Tulsa OK. I had 5 leaves with an overload made the correct length and added two inches of lift these springs cost me $500. You can use a 2.5 inch wide springs by using spacers in the front spring eye mounts. www.diy4x.com has some. You could use some from a eighties one ton but the center pin will not be in the same position as your truck, I suppose you could drill and relocate the center pin, or use the add a inch block from diy4x that will allow you to adjust the axle centering pin up to "1 1/2. Hope I helped some.
morgan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:21 PM   #3
WHITE-NOISE

Re: 56 inch rear springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan71 View Post
As far as I know you cant buy rear springs for your truck off the shelf. I had mine for my 67 custom made by Tulsa Spring in Tulsa OK. I had 5 leaves with an overload made the correct length and added two inches of lift these springs cost me $500. You can use a 2.5 inch wide springs by using spacers in the front spring eye mounts. www.diy4x.com has some. You could use some from a eighties one ton but the center pin will not be in the same position as your truck, I suppose you could drill and relocate the center pin, or use the add a inch block from diy4x that will allow you to adjust the axle centering pin up to "1 1/2. Hope I helped some.
thanks for the info man, i ended up ordering a set of "zero rate add a leafs" from offroaddesign.com that will allow me to move the axle forward without moving all the spring hangers.
WHITE-NOISE is offline   Reply With Quote