The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #1
DieselChevyGirl

sticker prices on these trucks?

Hey guys, I lurk around here filling my brain with all sorts of random chevy/GMC facts...but I have a question i've been wondering about for a while. What was the original sticker price on these trucks? Like my boyfriends truck, an 87 Scottsdale...Or anything really. If you know the sticker prices of your trucks, post em up...it's something that kind of interests me, certainly they were not $35,000+ off the floor, like today...
DieselChevyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
87 STEPPER
STILL PLAYS WITH TRUX

Thumbs up Re: sticker prices on these trucks?

Hey 2 the board i bought my truck new and i have the paper work but im not home but mine was $14.7??.?? or real close to that .
it is a 1987 Silverado pwr everything dual tanks tilt wheel cargo light heavy duty breaks and cooling system a/c cruise control and some other stuff i probably forgot about.

MY 87 STEPPER

MY 99 2D/WD TAHOE
87 STEPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:38 PM   #3
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: sticker prices on these trucks?

Welcome aboard neighbor! these trucks went for around $7000 up depending on what you had in them.. One member here has a site BigBlock73 and he has alot of ads on his site from when the trucks were new and info on special trucks etc. you may want to check over there.
I was just up in your neck of the woods on Tuesday I did a trip to Higganum CT

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #4
OARNGESI

If you check your title the origional price may be on it atleast they are listed here in az
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:53 PM   #5
2badgn

My dad paid $11,000 for his 1984 GMC Sierra 3500 2wd 1 ton truck- 350 w/4 bolt main, 400 tranny and 4.10 rear end, am/fm radio, vinyl bench seat, white steel rims, white painted mirrors.. Truck had no power windows or locks, no dome light, no spare tire rack. It was a Heavy Duty plain jane work truck.

My dad bought it brand new off the lot of Miele GMC on 149th Street in the Bronx, NY.

Last edited by 2badgn; 02-13-2010 at 11:57 AM.
2badgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:03 PM   #6
DieselChevyGirl

thanks guys. my boyfriend is twofiftyshifter. his dad knows so much about chevys, any year, its crazy, and said his truck was probably 12,000 otd. thats cool you bought your truck new and still have her, 87stepper. i'm in fairfield county bordering north salem NY so im actually not close to higganum haha. Deposit is such a nice area, my great grandmother lived in Windsor, i love new york. such a pretty area...one of the places i wouldnt mind living when i grow up.

for good measure...here she is, in all her 3/4 ton glory.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:24 PM   #7
SMiller
Account Suspended

My '85 GMC 3500 reg. cab 2wd loaded with big block was $9033, says right on the title. That truck today is $36000! What a rip off!!!
SMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:45 PM   #8
2badgn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMiller View Post
My '85 GMC 3500 reg. cab 2wd loaded with big block was $9033, says right on the title. That truck today is $36000! What a rip off!!!
Post some pics. I dont often see 1 ton reg cab. 2wd trucks.
2badgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:23 AM   #9
Restrorob
The One And Only !!!

Just to show the price increase in later years, Here's the sticker off my 97 before the original owner took it straight from the show room to the speed shop for all the up-grades.
Attached Images

88 TA-GTA in the works....
97 GMC Ext. Cab
502 Crate 5 Spd......Sucks Gas But Haulz Azz !

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic.

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Restrorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:36 AM   #10
95 S_Trucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrorob View Post
Just to show the price increase in later years, Here's the sticker off my 97 before the original owner took it straight from the show room to the speed shop for all the up-grades.
yea, they went up a lot, my 98 was over 27 new
95 S_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:54 AM   #11
SMiller
Account Suspended

I would love to post pictures of my truck but I AM NOT paying to become a member on here, I belong to several web-sites that I post pictures on and I don't pay on ANY of them! I haven't been here long but am already getting pretty tired of the mods trying to squeeze money out of everyone on here!

I would be more then happy to e-mail you a picture of my truck, it is SUPER sharp and original!

Last edited by SMiller; 02-13-2010 at 01:01 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:20 AM   #12
Gregs71

SMiller, are you aware you can link them from photobucket or similar sight without having to be a paying member?? We always like to see trucks.
1987 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4
Suzuki DRZ 400s Dual Sport
1971 chevy long bed 2x4
194? Dodge 2.5 ton
1980 Chevy Cheyenne 4x4 1/2 ton I6/sm455
1989 Chevy V30 crewcab dually 454/TH400
Gregs71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:25 AM   #13
GMC Guy

i don't think you have to pay to post pics.
L33 5.3/4l65e

.................__
............._____l __\__
..............l_(O)_ l___(O)]
GMC Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:51 AM   #14
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Welcome to the forum DieselChevyGirl. We are always glad to have new members join us.

Quote:
I would love to post pictures of my truck but I AM NOT paying to become a member on here, I belong to several web-sites that I post pictures on and I don't pay on ANY of them!!
I'm not sure where you got the idea that you have to be a subscribing member to post pics, but that is not correct. If you need assistance please let us know.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:16 AM   #15
Restrorob
The One And Only !!!

Shame on me for not sending a Sunshine State to ya in my other post DieselChevyGirl !!!

Quote:
I would be more then happy to e-mail you a picture of my truck, it is SUPER sharp and original!

We'd luv to see this rig of your's, All you have to do is click the Gallery link in the upper header. Up-load your pics and put them in a thread....
88 TA-GTA in the works....
97 GMC Ext. Cab
502 Crate 5 Spd......Sucks Gas But Haulz Azz !

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic.

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Restrorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:59 AM   #16
DieselChevyGirl

you can post pictures from any site that will host them for free, you can upload for free without an account at www.tinypic.com bro.

i too would like to see pics of your 1 ton 2wd, you dont even see alot of those today. i cant believe how truck prices have rose...they also have a 57 chevy p/u and i guess that was about 3500 off the lot.

thanks for all the welcomes guys.

Last edited by DieselChevyGirl; 02-13-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:06 AM   #17
SMiller
Account Suspended

Truck pics. Sorry for wining, I read how to post pics and it said I had to be a paying member. I figured it out with you guys help! I will post much better pictures when I receive the truck in a few days.
Attached Images

Last edited by SMiller; 02-13-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:35 AM   #18
James McClure
One shot, one kill.

Diesel Chevy Girl, welcome to the site. Lots of really good folks here. I'm not far from you. I live near Saratoga Springs. Any time you & two fifity shifter want to stop by give me a shout. Here's mine. e-mail at jmcclur2@nycap.rr.com
Attached Images

1984 K20 350M engine with 465,000 miles. Well, it's finally done!! Almost 2 years of work, but it was really worth the effort. Little stuff left to do is mount winch, wet sand & buff out and build belly pan\running boards. Body work takes lots and LOTS of beer!!!! God, Guts and Guns made America and God, Guts and Guns will preserve it! The worst thing you could do is get into my sights, but that don't matter, you'll never know it, cause you'll never hear the shotJim or Paladin whichever you choose.
James McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:11 PM   #19
DieselChevyGirl

saratoga springs is a nice area, my sister has horse showed at the saratoga racetrack. unfortunately its about 3 hrs from us haha! maybe we can get together some time this summer. looks pretty solid....nice
Old 02-13-2010, 03:06 PM   #20
ToughBowtieTruck

1988 Chevrolet V 3500

Silverado edition

4 wheel drive

Automatic

454 Fuel Injection

3+3 crew cab

All options that were available, including trailer packages, all power, a/c, etc.

Original Sticker was $28,000 In 1988.

I miss that truck, I even had the original window sticker....was exempt from EPA mileage testing lol

"Mr. Simpson, there are thousands of people like you with no discernible talent." Duff World Records Division

"Yeah, they're called Congress!!" -Homer Simpson
ToughBowtieTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:16 PM   #21
James McClure
One shot, one kill.

Diesel: TY for the compliment. I'll have to have you guys up here for a cook-out and we can look over each others trucks and share "war stories" about the work that went into them. I have a bunch of pics of mine as work progressed. Have a great day and make sure you hang on to my e-mail address. Drop me a line and I'll give you my yahoo ID if ya want it. Jim
1984 K20 350M engine with 465,000 miles. Well, it's finally done!! Almost 2 years of work, but it was really worth the effort. Little stuff left to do is mount winch, wet sand & buff out and build belly pan\running boards. Body work takes lots and LOTS of beer!!!! God, Guts and Guns made America and God, Guts and Guns will preserve it! The worst thing you could do is get into my sights, but that don't matter, you'll never know it, cause you'll never hear the shotJim or Paladin whichever you choose.
James McClure is offline   Reply With Quote