The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #26
Hoods69BadBowTie
Chevys Kick A$$

Re: New truck!!! Build Thread

Not a bad looking start at all. Looks like its coming along pretty good! Keep up the good work gonna be a cool ride when you get it all done
-'86 K5 Blazer Silverado 6.2 4" lift 35"s
-'95 Ext. Cab Shorty 4" Tuff Country rolling 35" M/T's
-'83 Monte Carlo T-Tops. 126,500 Original Miles
-LATER
I would rather push a Chevy then drive a ford!!
Hoods69BadBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #27
ShepWood

Hell ya!!! If any of you guys are replacing any kind of fuel lines every check into s.u.r. & r. This stuff is awesome, and so easy to work with
Posted via Mobile Device
ShepWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #28
ShepWood

well its been a while but i got the frame done. the fuel lines done. got 2 coats of POR 15 and 2 coats of 3M rubberized undercoating. stuff is lookin fresh!

Oh! and those fuel lines fellas, that was awesome stuff. it was easier than hell to work with and i took me all of like a hour to install them.. my biggest hang up was the fitting was a little to long for the angle off the throttle body and it was hitting the valve cover so i had to bend it with a pipe bender a little to avoid that. i also wrapped the lines in split loom to prevent them from rubbin through or gettin to hot ect...

now this weekend ill be lookin at fixin the underside of the bed. gonna sand it down and use herculiner on that puppy. and get that bed back on so i can get it wrapped up. and on the road at least. I WANNA DRIVE IT!!!

does anyone know where i can get the bolts that hold the bed to the frame? i want to put good ones in and not reuse those old ones

do it once, do it right!!
Old 12-06-2012, 12:26 AM   #29
stocker96

dealer, or if you have a local bolt/ chain shop try them take in an old one for reference. I've never seen them in a regular hardware store.
stocker96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #30
ShepWood

ya i just ordered them from lmc along with a few other things
Old 01-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #31
ShepWood

well its been a while since ive posted on here but ill give you guys an update:

i got the fuel lines done, i used SUR&R which is a hard plastic material and it was so easy to work with, no bending, no flaring, really quick and easy, took me about a half hour to get both lines run front to back.

got the fender on

sanded the bottom of the bed and used a rustoleoum truck bed liner on the underside of that.

took it to get inspected...it failed. but i got BFGoodrich AT K/O 33x12.5 tires on it whch look awesome, but rub a little

it needed:
-brakes
-licence plate light
-idler arm and pitman arm
-the dreaded steering column problem was very bad and failed for that too

so i took it home and fixed everything as well as gave it a tune up with new plugs wires, msd coil. the steering wheel was a bit** once i got it apart the out of the four bolts holding it together 3 of them werent threaded in there at all. so i threadlocked them and got it back together, not so fun and took it for reinspection where it PASSED!!!

so ive been driving it, i love it, i have to get it professionally timed, i dont have a timing light, and i want to make sure that part is done right, untill then its getting lightly used. everything is working wonderfully. got some small parts to get together as well as bumpers!

and i have to address the wheel rub problem, not sure what im going to do about that yet. either crank the t-bars or just get a small 2'' suspension lift.. but here are some pictures to keep ya satisfied