The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-10-2019, 07:14 AM   #1
Keith Seymore

Any way to get rid of the Photobucket watermark?

I lost the electronic version of all my photos, spreadsheets, notes, etc when I had to forfeit my laptop upon retirement.

I've been searching the internet and reclaiming photos when I can find them but many (ie, most) of them have that d@mn Photobucket mark across them.

Any way to reconfigure or re-link them in order to remove the watermark?

I'm so mad about that whole Photobucket fiasco that I could just spit.

K
Attached Images

1986 - 2019
Intro from an Old Assembly Guy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
My Pontiac story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
Chevelle intro: http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
Keith Seymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:29 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: Any way to get rid of the Photobucket watermark?

I have tons of pictures held ransom on P-Bucket. I see now some have watermarks in threads and some are still wiped out from when they snuck that abrupt maneuver up on us. I tried saving MY pictures back to my folders on my computer, but they seem to disable them. I figure I'll have to pay the minimum ransom and get busy that month swiping my pictures back. I think you'll have to pay to move your photos away from there. My guess, though, is as soon as your subscription runs out the watermarks will return on pictures in threads. I hate being duped, "Here, put your pictures on our website to share with others. It's free and you pictures are safe from being lost in computer crashed or just dead computer." Then years later when you have thousands of precious photos stored, and about overnight, "We decided we want to you pay for this. Please start making payments or we wipe your pictures out all across the internet, but our customers can still access your pictures and use them as they please". I see my pictures on Pinterest on other people's accounts, when they show up on a Google.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 02:23 AM   #3
abig84

Somehow I’m able to save them on my phone without the watermark but only by searching for them on the internet. For example i will type in “abig84 k5 blazer” in google image search and can save the pictures when I click on them once, if i click on view full-size image the watermark appears. You can try that maybe, but i have a old phone so who knows if that will work on everything
abig84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:59 AM   #4
Keith Seymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by abig84 View Post
Somehow I’m able to save them on my phone without the watermark but only by searching for them on the internet. For example i will type in “abig84 k5 blazer” in google image search and can save the pictures when I click on them once, if i click on view full-size image the watermark appears. You can try that maybe, but i have a old phone so who knows if that will work on everything
Thank you.

Prompted by Tim's comment above I did do a google search and was able to find a lot of stuff. If google wasn't referencing the Photobucket item then it would appear in the search without the watermark.

K
1986 - 2019
Intro from an Old Assembly Guy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 07-11-2019, 08:49 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Sounds like a lot of work either way you go. I really liked Photobucket before. I could post more than 5 to a thread, they automatically resized, never lost a photo since '04 when I got the account, and could post pictures in a PM. Too good to be true I guess. Good forever anyway.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-31-2019 at 09:12 AM.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:31 AM   #6
abig84

I do almost all of my forum stuff on the iPad and all my pictures are on my tower which i dont use anymore, one of these days ill figure out a way to get them on here. But anytime i need something i just google “abig84 k5 blazer” and hope i posted the picture I’m looking for before.

Are there any image hosting sites that resize them? I use imgur and imgbb and both make the picture insanely large with no easy way to resize them
abig84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 07:17 AM   #7
Ulf

Personally I would be happy if people stored their photos in some cloud device instead. I´ve read several interesting posts with blurred pictures. Boycot all attempts by companies trying to kidnap your images. Paying ransom to get your own pictures is nothing else than blackmail.
Ulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 07:59 AM   #8
Keith Seymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulf View Post
Personally I would be happy if people stored their photos in some cloud device instead. I´ve read several interesting posts with blurred pictures. Boycot all attempts by companies trying to kidnap your images. Paying ransom to get your own pictures is nothing else than blackmail.
It certainly is.

Unfortunately, they had all my pictures before the decided to hold me hostage.

K
1986 - 2019
Old 10-31-2019, 09:26 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

It's not a matter of choosing Cloud over Photobucket, and it's not a matter of making a choice between using a free host and one that charges. Cloud storage didn't exist when we opened and started using Photobucket, and it was free. They changed the game on us and it makes me detest Photobucket 100%. But I really want all MY photos back. I refuse to lose MY pictures to them. I can't even share them with myself outside of Photobucket. I used to put all my pictures there off my computer. Just like the cloud, all of them back to '04 are still there. All the pictures from 2 crashed computers and a little from the one that just crashed. I don't know any techy way to do anything on my computer but I think subscribe, copy pictures onto my laptop, then cancel would work? Or would they still have a way, by their own coding, to do the watermark? I figure it's worth the cost of a minimal subscription to find out... unless someone knows different.

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 10-31-2019 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:38 AM   #10
Keith Seymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Cloud storage didn't exist when we opened and started using Photobucket, and it was free. They changed the game on us and it makes me detest Photobucket 100%.
Yep - back then we were told "it was the thing to do".

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I don't know any techy way to do anything on my computer but I think subscribe, copy pictures onto my laptop, then cancel would work? Or would they still have a way, by their own coding, to do the watermark? I figure it's worth the cost of a minimal subscription to find out... unless someone knows different.
I think that would work. My problem is that I have two accounts: one with about 2400 photos and another with about 4500 photos. That's a lot non value added work that I shouldn't have to do.

K
1986 - 2019
Old 10-31-2019, 07:24 PM   #11
special-K
Special Order

Yeah, I know. I have the same situation. I have two accounts and lord knows how many pictures. There will be some snow days up ahead. But what a time consuming task?

Tim

Old 11-01-2019, 09:52 AM   #12
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: Any way to get rid of the Photobucket watermark?

Ya'll do know this site has a picture hosting area right. Just saying.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:12 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

The point is how to get the pictures from Photobucket to the gallery. We're good on the present. It's the past we need help with.

Tim

Old 11-01-2019, 11:46 AM   #14
Killer Bee

sorry about your trouble Keith.. you weren't given the option to copy all your files from the laptop before you left?

no one likes to hear from capt. hindsight but this is what I do..

never used photobucket, don't even like looking at other user's pics from the there, LOADED with ads

so far as digital goes, everything that goes through gallery in my phone automatically backs up to google photos.. they're shareable free from there as well..

from google I can batch download to pc where I archive on external hard drive..

I take all my pictures in large resolution for archiving and I use free photosizer app to upload to dropbox also free and post links in forums online..

photosizer works quickly and handles batch files as well.. dropbox links wash any data other than file name from public view..

I can take a picture in high res and have it resized, stored and link posted in forum in about 1 minute.. reason why I post so many pictures, too easy..

I don't store pictures on forums or anywhere else that I don't have control over..

been using this system for years and not even close to filling free accounts anywhere..

good luck retrieving your data and finding a better solution!
Old 11-01-2019, 01:41 PM   #15
Keith Seymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
sorry about your trouble Keith.. you weren't given the option to copy all your files from the laptop before you left?
No - I had to forfeit all my notes, spreadsheets, photos, emails, contacts, etc.

I am slowly trying to rebuild.

K
1986 - 2019
Old 11-01-2019, 08:33 PM   #16
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

I back my photos onto a flash drive. My phone too that way I never lose to much.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:10 PM   #17
special-K
Special Order

I'm no computer wiz, but I did manage to figure out a way to get rid of the watermark. I'm sure there's a more high-tech way, but until someone chimes in, this'll have to do
Name:  James in truck_LI.jpg
Views: 4992
Size:  17.3 KB

Once I figured that out I found there are variations you can use that serve the purpose
Name:  James in truck_LI (3).jpg
Views: 4971
Size:  19.3 KB

You can get decorative
Name:  James in truck_LI (2).jpg
Views: 4939
Size:  19.8 KB

Or add to the picture
Attached Images

Tim

Old 11-07-2019, 08:17 AM   #18
Keith Seymore

Uh..."well done", Tim....

(lol)
1986 - 2019
Old 11-07-2019, 08:32 AM   #19
rpmerf

Quote:
Are there any image hosting sites that resize them? I use imgur and imgbb and both make the picture insanely large with no easy way to resize them
Imgur does have a couple sizes for each image. I forget how to get to them though. I think you need to open up your posts and it will have different links.

EDIT:
https://superuser.com/questions/1238...-a-imgur-image

Looks like you append 'm' or 'l' to the file name to get an image that's a good size for forums.
1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z

Last edited by rpmerf; 11-07-2019 at 08:52 AM.
rpmerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:41 AM   #20
rpmerf

There may be a specific URL you can hit that will have the 'original' image. I've never used photobucket. Always used forums or hosted my own servers for a while.

I am seeing some thing on a google search, but they have Linux scripts download the files. They seem to have a URL that can be used to download the images.

Got a link to one of the images, or your account?
1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z
rpmerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:58 AM   #21
Killer Bee

Quote:
I do almost all of my forum stuff on the iPad and all my pictures are on my tower which i dont use anymore, one of these days ill figure out a way to get them on here. But anytime i need something i just google “abig84 k5 blazer” and hope i posted the picture I’m looking for before.

google photos, copy image address and just plug in the size you want..

w or width value near the end of the image code is all you need to change..

Old 11-07-2019, 09:21 PM   #22
special-K
Special Order

What size do we want for here?

Tim

Old 11-07-2019, 09:54 PM   #23
Killer Bee

I typically post 640x480 in forums, the middle one above.. fits in the minimum default page width, doesn't force the page to resize..

larger if it's a page out of a manual, build sheet, spid, etc. that has text so it can be read..

I did notice just now that those google links take a couple of seconds to load but work on android and pc at least

99% of mine are usually posted from dropbox where I also store typically at 640x480, or whatever similar size is derived from aspect ratios my devices take them in.. 640x360 is fairly common out of my new phone, old one was 640x427 I believe..

I do similar for work purposes, only the standard size I use is 1024x768 or whatever comes out close to that.. when I email pictures, they fit close to screen size for the average monitor resolution settings.. when recipients open my messages with photos attached, they don't have to scroll all over the screen to see them

I don't use forum hosted storage as it's wasteful when I'm keeping them somewhere else anyway for my own archives.. links on the forum produce the same result without using any data storage.. quite frankly, I could use that for more than 50 pms.. one picture stored probably takes more space than a thousand .txt pms..
Old 11-07-2019, 11:05 PM   #24
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
I size all of my pictures to 1150 pixels wide. That fits my screen without scrolling across. If they are 1150 wide the board software will take care of them from there. I usually have to crop them before sizing them down to get rid of the clutter around the subject.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:06 AM   #25
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
google photos, copy image address and just plug in the size you want..

w or width value near the end of the image code is all you need to change..

Uhhh…. Am I supposed to be seeing something other than a few grey circle icon things?

Tim