The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Pic Thread: Not Just El Caminos (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=779857)

special-K 10-02-2022 05:16 PM

Re: Pic Thread: Not Just El Caminos

2 Attachment(s)
I dunno. Wudaya think?

tutone 10-02-2022 06:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been reading this thread over the last few weeks and there are some good looking and some "not so" good looking rides. To each his own, I guess. In 1977 when I turned 16, my Dad wouldnt let me buy a 1968 camaro but he talked me into a 69 El camino. I absolutely hated that car, and got rid of it finally. Had several Chevelles that I loved. I just guess the half car half truck never made my radar. Here is that beauty. I can't decide whether to put it in my "car" album or "truck" album on my phone.

special-K 10-02-2022 07:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tutone (Post 9129989)
I've been reading this thread over the last few weeks and there are some good looking and some "not so" good looking rides. To each his own, I guess. In 1977 when I turned 16, my Dad wouldnt let me buy a 1968 camaro but he talked me into a 69 El camino. I absolutely hated that car, and got rid of it finally. Had several Chevelles that I loved. I just guess the half car half truck never made my radar. Here is that beauty. I can't decide whether to put it in my "car" album or "truck" album on my phone.

When I first started carpentry I worked with a guy with a speach impediment. He'd say 'fr' in place of 'tr'. Seems perfect since you hated that one to start a new album and call it "fruck" :lol:

How about this '77 Raunchero? Am I wrong or is the hood as long as the bed? :lol:. And BTW, what's up with leaving off the racing stripe graphics? howzit s'poda go? :lol:

FleetsidePaul 10-03-2022 09:47 AM

That's a lot of hood right there. I wouldn't want to wax it. That's a hefty bumper too.

The front looks kind of like a Monte Carlo of the same era.

One of the worst looking Ranchero's ever IMHO. But just about everything in the late 70's was just as bad.

This is the high horsepower model. It has the stickers. Lipstick on a pig.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...0/Ranchero.jpg

special-K 10-03-2022 07:00 PM

I agree. The worst. I drove one a few times that belonged to my boss. I worked for him around 74/75 and I guess it was new. It had air shocks. He went to Virginia Tech, engineering I guess. Couldn't be seen driving a pickup truck or using tools. He had me get a load of stone at the quarry in it. It went exactly as you have it pictured. Try looking over THAT hood all tail squatted all the way back to the job! :lol:

We were talking about the Mustang IIs of this era. As funky looking and gutless as they were, they were just what they needed and a reason Mustangs survived the energy crunch years. They sold really well. They were a success for Ford

FleetsidePaul 10-03-2022 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9130367)
We were talking about the Mustang IIs of this era. As funky looking and gutless as they were, they were just what they needed and a reason Mustangs survived the energy crunch years. They sold really well. They were a success for Ford

They did sell extremely well. It's hard to believe because they were just such ugly cars. But go figure. They were a hit. :confused:

I remember my neighbors a couple doors down had a pristine 66 Mustang fastback. It was the wife's car and she didn't work so it seldom left the garage.
It was mint and they traded it in for a Mustang II because she wanted a new car. :dohh:
Another neighbor had a sweet 59 Mercedes convertible and traded it in for a Mustang II. But he got the fancy "Ghia' model. Very impressive. It had a Landau top and little emblems that said Ghia.

And then there's this one. My wife dressed up for a Halloween party as god knows what with her "Cobra' :lol: She still thinks that was a hot car. :haha:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...ega_Cobra.jpeg

Steeveedee 10-03-2022 11:24 PM

SOMEBODY is gumbee in the doghouse tonight...

FleetsidePaul 10-04-2022 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9130484)
SOMEBODY is gumbee in the doghouse tonight...

Nah... I didn't take that pic. Her friend did. Her friend was smoking hot. She was on the cover of Easyriders magazine. I have a copy around here somewhere. She was naked as a jaybird in that mag. :metal:

I keep telling my wife to invite her over. :)

special-K 10-04-2022 06:44 AM

The Mustang II that guy who worked for me was a Ghia. He built that motor up but it still had the stock wheels and tires. A real sleeper :cool:. It was silver with burgundy landau top. So luxurious. On cars that landau tops belong on are long, not a shrinky dink car :lol:. That one took up half the top :lol:. A think the Mustang II Ghia was meant for Lincoln Mark IV owners to carry in the truck for a spare.

The '70s were so gaudy, so polyester jump suit. A confused time for cars, a time of identity crisis. White vinyl top on red with woodgrain panel sides. Why stop there? That thing needs an anti-glare flat black hood with the engine size, maybe some kind of winged logo on top of that.

FleetsidePaul 10-04-2022 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9130532)

The '70s were so gaudy, so polyester jump suit. A confused time for cars, a time of identity crisis.

The 70's were a tough time. All the cool stuff was gone. Replaced by ugly junk, ugly clothes, ugly stupid gutless cars, weird hair, and the absolute worst of all... Disco.
Lousy music. If someone plays Tony Orlando and Dawn or The Captain and Tennille just do me a favor and shoot me.

special-K 10-05-2022 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9130681)
The 70's were a tough time. All the cool stuff was gone. Replaced by ugly junk, ugly clothes, ugly stupid gutless cars, weird hair, and the absolute worst of all... Disco.
Lousy music. If someone plays Tony Orlando and Dawn or The Captain and Tennille just do me a favor and shoot me.

Yep, this is when I weened off of trends. I was solid into country rock, folk rock, southern rock, bluegrass, and anything blues. Plenty of new stuff and all the old. Disco is something I heard a lot about and would hear on other people's radios. Polyester? I went all cotton, except some outdoor gear. And cars, that's when I stopped paying attention. Before that I could tell you any year make and model of any car. We really got screwed on new cars. Everything else was great about our generation. The sucky cars didn't matter back then because we had plenty of the best cars to buy used. But look at today when you can buy a 700 hp car off the lot. "I thought fast cars were too dangerous and used too much gas!" I thought I was supposed to buy a Vega and forget about horsepower." And for those having trouble forgetting about power they offered stickers. I always had a thing for trucks, but by the mid-70s that's where my interest turned

Knock three times...

Twice on the pipes, ding ding, if the answer is no... :puke:

How about I knock you up the side o de head wit some Molly Hatchet? :lol:

FleetsidePaul 10-05-2022 02:00 PM

Knock three times... You had to go there. :lol:

I had a girlfriend in high school that liked that disco garbage so I was forced to listen to it. It was torture.

I complained about it and she would say "Quit your whining. I don't like that crap that you listen to either and I don't complain'. Fair enough... Touché.

In all these years and arguments I've had with wives and girlfriends I don't think that I ever won one of them. :lol:

I ran into her a few years after we broke up and she looked REALLY good. I thought to myself that I really should have kept my mouth shut and listened to the lousy music. :smoke:

And "Flirtin with Disaster' is one of my favorite Molly Hatchet songs. It makes me want to drive fast.

special-K 10-06-2022 08:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I dated girls who didn't like disco. It can take time to learn just how truly compatible we are with a woman. But knowing she liked disco was a rattlesnake shaking it's tail :lol:. What's that you say? You really like flirting with disaster? OH! You meant that Molly Hatchet song. I'm still not sure if a misunderstood or not :lol:

FleetsidePaul 10-06-2022 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9131192)
I dated girls who didn't like disco. It can take time to learn just how truly compatible we are with a woman. But knowing she liked disco was a rattlesnake shaking it's tail :lol:. What's that you say? You really like flirting with disaster? OH! You meant that Molly Hatchet song. I'm still not sure if a misunderstood or not :lol:

I don't exactly like flirtin with disaster in my life but I always seem to. :lol:

That's a great song. After reading this thread yesterday I blasted southern rock though my headphones for 2 hours. :lol:

3757chevy 10-07-2022 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9131253)
I don't exactly like flirtin with disaster in my life but I always seem to. :lol:

That's a great song. After reading this thread yesterday I blasted southern rock though my headphones for 2 hours. :lol:

You too?

special-K 10-07-2022 06:04 AM

Left you feeling pretty good, too. Right?

jweb 10-24-2022 01:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
72 Pinto
https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/c...547736645.html

jweb 10-24-2022 03:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
And a couple Cadillacs

https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/sp...547326367.html

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...547648177.html