The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Alternate Tinkerings (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Jeep Trailblazer SS (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=768482)

gottattooz 02-09-2021 12:40 PM

Re: Jeep Trailblazer SS

3 Attachment(s)
I went grocery shopping before work and when i came home, the rims were outside my garage. I need to get valve stems, but i wanted to test fit them to make sure i did my math correctly. They're just about flush with the fender flares, which is perfect. I'll mount and balance the tires after work.

-Josh

gottattooz 02-09-2021 11:04 PM

3 Attachment(s)
So i got home and mounted and balanced the wheels and put the rear wheels on. I'm still waiting for the adapters for the fronts. I put the new tire under the trailblazer wheels to show the difference. I absolutely love the new look.

-Josh

Southcity 02-10-2021 12:49 PM

New wheel/tire combo looks great! they really fit the build and I am willing to bet that for those not very familiar with Jeeps will think it is a stock off-the-lot Jeep. Hat's off to you and your dad for a job well done!

Ol Blue K20 02-11-2021 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southcity (Post 8878005)
New wheel/tire combo looks great! they really fit the build and I am willing to bet that for those not very familiar with Jeeps will think it is a stock off-the-lot Jeep. Hat's off to you and your dad for a job well done!

X2, nice job. The wheels are a nice choice. :metal:

gottattooz 02-11-2021 11:51 AM

4 Attachment(s)
The front adapters came in. I had to trim the lug nuts to keep them from sticking out. I bolted on the tires and took a test drive. It's exactly the look i was going for. The wheels are right to the edge of the flares. I don't know that i could be any happier with the results.

-Josh

Ol Blue K20 02-11-2021 12:31 PM

Jeep looks great. I wanna see pics of the wagon in the garage.....;)

gottattooz 02-11-2021 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8878491)
Jeep looks great. I wanna see pics of the wagon in the garage.....;)

It's a 1965 Buick skylark wagon. 5.3l/4l65e, steering column, dash cluster and complete wiring harness out of a 1999 Chevy Silverado. Corvette c5 front brakes, 81 cutlass rear with 3.42 posi and rear disc conversion from scarebird.com.

-Josh

67ChevyRedneck 02-11-2021 06:57 PM

Great wheel choice, cool nod to the original turbines these came with (although maybe not as old as this one was? Might be been an 80's grand wagoneer thing)

61_FL_Apache 02-12-2021 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottattooz (Post 8878540)
It's a 1965 Buick skylark wagon. 5.3l/4l65e, steering column, dash cluster and complete wiring harness out of a 1999 Chevy Silverado. Corvette c5 front brakes, 81 cutlass rear with 3.42 posi and rear disc conversion from scarebird.com.

-Josh

This is sweet too!

Ol Blue K20 02-12-2021 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottattooz (Post 8878540)

-Josh

Very nice, I like it a lot. :metal:thanks for the pic..

Palf70Step 02-12-2021 10:59 AM

Nice Buick wagon. Those wheels are much better on the Jeep than what was there.

Madkidd007 02-13-2021 09:40 PM

Are you gonna show the people or did I just get special privileges?

gottattooz 02-14-2021 08:43 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Madkidd007 (Post 8879778)
Are you gonna show the people or did I just get special privileges?

Calm down, I'm getting there.

I went over to MadKidd's house to show off the Jeep. We played around with putting ls2 decals on. We cut the ls2 part off and put the 6.0l part just under the front corner lights. Since the Ls2 has a knock in the lower end somewhere, my plan is to put a cam in a lq4 6.0 that i have in the garage and swap it out. With lower compression (9.4 vs 10.9) i can run 87 octane and it'll have a nice lopey idle.

I've been looking to replace the spare tire since i changed the bolt pattern and tire size. Turns out i had the correct tire size in my shed on a set of 2015 Colorado wheels i bought back in the day for the 68 c10 i had. I swapped the tire onto one of the GMC rims i have and put it in the spare tire carriage underneath.

Now that it's more of a driver, i tackled the wiring for the overhead consoles and rear view mirror. It sucked not having dome lights, and the mirror auto dims at night. Even the fold down dvd player for the back seat passengers works!

-Josh

Ol Blue K20 02-14-2021 09:07 PM

Nice....looks good!

fear_nothing 02-23-2021 11:19 PM

Been following from the start - the new rims look great! So glad you changed them - the original ones just didn't jive w/ the jeep :)

gottattooz 02-28-2021 07:12 PM

4 Attachment(s)
So i ditched the Mercedes wiper. The air dam looked way too goofy. I got another wiper regulator from MadKidd (i cut mine apart trying to adapt the trailblazer motor to the Mercedes transmission). Fortunately. Since the front crossbar bolts into place, i figured out my mounting brackets, clamped them in place and then removed the bar to weld everything together instead of trying to protect the new paint while welding over the roof. I painted everything black and, if you zoom in, you can see the sweep of the arms goes from the edge of the glass down to the bottom of the cowl. I've just got to wire it up and hopefully it'll all be done.

-Josh

Madkidd007 02-28-2021 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottattooz (Post 8886760)
So i ditched the Mercedes wiper. The air dam looked way too goofy. I got another wiper regulator from MadKidd (i cut mine apart trying to adapt the trailblazer motor to the Mercedes transmission). Fortunately. Since the front crossbar bolts into place, i figured out my mounting brackets, clamped them in place and then removed the bar to weld everything together instead of trying to protect the new paint while welding over the roof. I painted everything black and, if you zoom in, you can see the sweep of the arms goes from the edge of the glass down to the bottom of the cowl. I've just got to wire it up and hopefully it'll all be done.

-Josh

Yea sure, tell everyone else but me.

Southcity 03-01-2021 11:24 AM

Another job well done on that wiper setup. It really fits this one-of-a-kind vehicle, almost gives it that Dakkar Rally look. I also have to give another thumbs up on your wheel choice!

Russell Ashley 03-01-2021 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fear_nothing (Post 8884734)
Been following from the start - the new rims look great! So glad you changed them - the original ones just didn't jive w/ the jeep :)

X2 for me also.

gottattooz 03-03-2021 12:50 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Ii finished routing and wiring the wipers. I bought 25 feet of trailer wiring and ran 2 lengths because there's 8 wires. I ran it through the firewall boot and up the a pillar. I drilled a hole through the base of the roof rack and siliconed the hole. I wrapped everything with electrical tape and secured it to the back of the front railing to the wiper. And everything works. Intermittent, low high and park.

-Josh

gottattooz 03-13-2021 08:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I swapped out the power window regulator in the tail gate for the manual setup. The gears would jump a tooth every time i tried to roll the glass up, and then it developed a dead short that kept blowing the fuse. Luckily I found the key that fits so i can lock the crank handle.

-Josh

Palf70Step 03-13-2021 09:52 PM

Nice Job. I forgot they had the manual cracnks. Been so long since I have seen one.

gottattooz 03-28-2021 10:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No updates. Just took her out for lunch and got a really good picture with the Jeep.

-Josh

mongocanfly 03-28-2021 10:36 PM

turned out nice...!!!!

Ol Blue K20 03-29-2021 07:00 AM

Jeep looks good!!!