The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   New C10 build starting (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810779)

lunatic1968 07-22-2021 09:43 AM

Re: New C10 build starting

Nice progress, glad you're going with the GMC stuff over the Chevy parts, as I think they are better looking in my opinion. Subscribed

MikeinNH 07-22-2021 03:16 PM

Amazing how many body parts are offered now.

Thanks lunatic1968! I agree on the GMC look but I do like some Chevy grills better than others in this generation.

MikeinNH 08-09-2021 05:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This weekend I finally got the rest of rear of the Tahoe off and sat the bed on the frame. The back of the bed is sitting on the Tahoe bumper and I have a 6x6 under the front of it. It can drop 2 inches or so with the bumper off. Only one casualty aside from scratched arms, I cut through a plastic fuel line on top of the fuel tank. A brass barb, piece of rubber fuel line and some clamps and it's back to working. I also got much of the front of the Tahoe stripped, fenders and such. Looks like a good fit so far.

lunatic1968 08-11-2021 10:10 AM

More pics please! This is something Id really like to do on my 65 suburban.

MikeinNH 08-11-2021 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunatic1968 (Post 8956414)
More pics please! This is something Id really like to do on my 65 suburban.

The pics are teasers, I'm actually videoing the whole process so don't take many pics. May start uploading them to youtube when the cold weather comes and I'll put the link in my signature. Jo Daddy's Garage on YT has put a pickup cab on a 2500 pickup chassis, he covers quite a bit but I plan on using the floor and some of the firewall from the Tahoe, he used the whole cab which brings some problems. Is the burb only a 2 door? Sounds like a cool project.

Pick 08-12-2021 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeinNH (Post 8956531)
Jo Daddy's Garage on YT has put a pickup cab on a 2500 pickup chassis, he covers quite a bit but I plan on using the floor and some of the firewall from the Tahoe, he used the whole cab which brings some problems.

Hey, he's my neighbor! :lol: I have pictures somewhere of both of our trucks in my backyard before the whole Frankentruck process began.

MikeinNH 08-12-2021 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pick (Post 8956822)
Hey, he's my neighbor! :lol: I have pictures somewhere of both of our trucks in my backyard before the whole Frankentruck process began.

Well that's pretty cool. I don't know of any neighbors that are savvy enough to talk to about this sort of thing.

Pick 08-13-2021 05:44 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeinNH (Post 8956997)
Well that's pretty cool. I don't know of any neighbors that are savvy enough to talk to about this sort of thing.

Yeah, it is pretty cool. Every once in awhile I'll have a cameo appearance in some of his videos when I provide an extra set of hands on his builds. We've worked together on stuff on and off for almost 30 years now. We were actually working on his neighbor's car in his driveway (before we built his shop) when she told us she was selling her house...so I bought it. :lol:

Unfortunately, we were on different shifts and schedules when he built Frankentruck HD so about the only thing I did on it was help him bring both trucks home.

MikeinNH 08-13-2021 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pick (Post 8957198)
Yeah, it is pretty cool. Every once in awhile I'll have a cameo appearance in some of his videos when I provide an extra set of hands on his builds. We've worked together on stuff on and off for almost 30 years now. We were actually working on his neighbor's car in his driveway (before we built his shop) when she told us she was selling her house...so I bought it. :lol:

Unfortunately, we were on different shifts and schedules when he built Frankentruck HD so about the only thing I did on it was help him bring both trucks home.

I don't know if I would have had the heart to cut up that 2500. Cleaner than anything you'd see up in the Northeast.

lunatic1968 08-15-2021 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeinNH (Post 8956531)
The pics are teasers, I'm actually videoing the whole process so don't take many pics. May start uploading them to youtube when the cold weather comes and I'll put the link in my signature. Jo Daddy's Garage on YT has put a pickup cab on a 2500 pickup chassis, he covers quite a bit but I plan on using the floor and some of the firewall from the Tahoe, he used the whole cab which brings some problems. Is the burb only a 2 door? Sounds like a cool project.

Yeah its a two door, well before the three door. Thanks for the input, Ill check out Jo daddy's Garage .

Pick 08-16-2021 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeinNH (Post 8957451)
I don't know if I would have had the heart to cut up that 2500. Cleaner than anything you'd see up in the Northeast.

It doesn't show in the pictures, but something large and heavy had broken loose in the bed and did a number on the front of the bed/back of the cab including the window frame and roof. The picture makes it look better than it was.

MikeinNH 06-21-2022 09:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It's been a winter since I posted so it's time for some updates. Tahoe is pretty cut up and hopefully will get the C10 cab sitting on it before winter. Lately I've been working on cab rust. Here's a picture of what the rockers looked like and what one side now looks like. New door pillar, rocker and cab corner.

lofly'a 07-30-2023 10:37 PM

Any updates. I have my 68 GMC SWB fleet and a 03 Yukon waiting to be meshed, but gotta finish my 72 TA build first. Been lurking others build for more inspiration and ideas.

MikeinNH 07-31-2023 09:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's moving along but slowly. We seem to either get rain or really hot with high humidity this summer. Here's a snap shot of it coming together. There's lots of detail on the YouTube channel in my signature.

Is your 72 T/A posted anywhere? Love those. Thanks for checking in.