The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Snowbound Entertainment (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=818571)

72c20customcamper 02-22-2021 12:07 AM

Re: Snowbound Entertainment

2 Attachment(s)
Lake Erie Buffalo wife is visiting her son observation tower is I would say 50 yards from the water. Was there last summer on the motorcycles

LT7A 02-25-2021 11:46 AM

Alright, it took me a little bit to get my ALLU chocolate chip cookie recipe together (A Little Less Unhealthy):

My take on beneficial modifications are that every little bit helps. Whether it's on my truck, property, food, or lifestyle. This recipe is based on the Toll House recipe (you can find it online) and will not make you healthy. But it is a little less bad for you than regular cookies and has some stuff in it that is good for you. If you like chocolate chip cookies as much as I do, this is good news.

· ½ cup oats, 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, ½ cup all-purpose flour (This adds up to ¼ cup more than the original recipe but you'll never notice. The oats blend in and are good for you. They don't feel, look, or taste like oatmeal cookies, don't worry)

· 1 teaspoon baking soda

· 1 teaspoon salt (sea salt if ya got it)

· 7 tablespoons butter (one tablespoon shy of 2 sticks), softened

· 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed (replaces the 8th tablespoon of butter)

· 1 1/3 cup packed brown sugar (no white sugar and is a little less than the TH recipe - you won't miss it)

· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

· 2 large eggs

· 2 cups/12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (I do a little less since I like a little cookie between the chips)

· 1 cup walnuts or more (obviously optional but good for you)

· 1 scoop of protein powder. Not enough to distort the flavor and adds benefit. Feel free to add a little more.

Basically, mix the flour-ish stuff with the salt and baking soda. Then blend the butter, flax seed, sugar, and vanilla in a different (big) bowl until smooth and then mix in the eggs. Then mix the dry stuff into the smooth stuff and add the chocolate chips and the walnuts. 350 degrees for about nine minutes. Keep an eye on the first batch and adjust for your oven. I bake mine 4 at a time on foil in a toaster oven on 300 for about 12 minutes because I like them fresh :) They will be darker when cooked than "normal" because of the brown sugar and whole wheat flour.

LockDoc 02-26-2021 01:10 AM

-
I may try your cookies too. I don't have some of the stuff it takes though.

I tried "Gotenntitans" yesterday and they are good. My wife says I better not make any more of them. She can't stay out of them....:)

LockDoc

67C10Step 02-26-2021 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, the snow is long gone in my area but this printer is just too addicting. How about something more relevant to our chosen hobby?

LockDoc 02-26-2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67C10Step (Post 8885647)
OK, the snow is long gone in my area but this printer is just too addicting. How about something more relevant to our chosen hobby?

That's why I'm afraid to get one. I wouldn't get anything else done....:)

LockDoc

Boog 02-26-2021 12:50 PM

I don't know what that is but I guess a guy could print up most anything be it hobby or production for sale. I am surprised no one yet has printed and offered brand specific shaped car key fobs. :dohh: I imagine someone would buy them.

67C10Step 02-26-2021 01:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 8885659)
I don't know what that is but I guess a guy could print up most anything be it hobby or production for sale. I am surprised no one yet has printed and offered brand specific shaped car key fobs. :dohh: I imagine someone would buy them.

That is a key ring fob. I have made a fob for all our "extra" keys here at the house. Makes for easier identification in the "key drawer" when looking.

I got my son involved (he can create from almost scratch) and am now making some custom keychains for a buddy that has a bbq catering service. Not making any money, just a spare spare time thing.

LockDoc 02-26-2021 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67C10Step (Post 8885667)
That is a key ring fob. I have made a fob for all our "extra" keys here at the house. Makes for easier identification in the "key drawer" when looking.

I got my son involved (he can create from almost scratch) and am now making some custom keychains for a buddy that has a bbq catering service. Not making any money, just a spare spare time thing.

You could print some of these....

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=458766

This thread was brought back to the top today. They are pretty simple.

LockDoc

Ol Blue K20 02-26-2021 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67C10Step (Post 8885667)

I like that fob, do a premium membership and sell them here. I'm first in line. ;)

best view 02-26-2021 10:00 PM

What’s a spare time thing feel like lol

4u2nv 02-27-2021 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67C10Step (Post 8885647)

Fooled me , I thought it was a bottle opener

67C10Step 02-27-2021 11:45 AM

Ok guys, got some good ideas. Let me tinker a bit and see what I can come up with. I’ve been meaning to pay for a premium membership to sell some leftover items but maybe I can go a bit further.

I engineered and fabricated a small plastic piece 20 years ago to repair an antique Honda dirt bike throttle cable so surely I can do an ash tray slide.

The Chevy keychain fob did have a large opening that looks like a bottle opener.

72c20customcamper 02-27-2021 11:57 AM

67c10stepside you could sell those key fobs. Be great to have different colors for each truck . Like blue -yellow-gold would make it easy to differentiate them

LT7A 02-27-2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 8885524)
-
I may try your cookies too. I don't have some of the stuff it takes though.

LockDoc

Yeah, there are some non-standard ingredients like the ground flaxseed and protein powder I happen to have those for other uses and decided to employ them to up the nutritional value. The protein isn't necessary, and the flaxseed can be replaced with another tablespoon of butter. I have been pleased though, that flaxseed can replace some butter or oil in recipes and maintain the moistness while adding some nutritional value.

LockDoc 02-27-2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 8886211)
Yeah, there are some non-standard ingredients like the ground flaxseed and protein powder I happen to have those for other uses and decided to employ them to up the nutritional value. The protein isn't necessary, and the flaxseed can be replaced with another tablespoon of butter. I have been pleased though, that flaxseed can replace some butter or oil in recipes and maintain the moistness while adding some nutritional value.

I'm pretty good at adjusting recipes so I will try it after I get the ones I have made now eaten....:)

Thanks,
LockDoc

LT7A 02-28-2021 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 8886335)
I'm pretty good at adjusting recipes so I will try it after I get the ones I have made now eaten....:)

Thanks,
LockDoc

And I will be trying GoTennTitan's chocolate cookies. Those things look awfully delicious. No obligation on giving mine a try. The whole point of it for me was seeing how I could trim the butter and the sugar a little without wrecking the recipe and then adding in a little that is nutritionally redeeming. The credit for the original recipe goes to the lady in the Toll House Bakery, or Lodge, or whatever, who pioneered the recipe including the little "chips of chocolate". I'm just messing it up a little ;)

67C10Step 03-01-2021 12:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Latest and greatest. I like these keychains better but these are prototype. Needs some refinement but the rest of my week I'll be travelling for work so may be pushed to the weekend before I get to touch them again.