The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds 88-98 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Project WideBody (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=771061)

90OBS 08-13-2019 09:20 AM

Re: Project WideBody

Thanks for the update. I am on the fence about my motor. I have a 305 now. I am debating on an LS swap or a 350 with a Fitech or Edelbrock injection.

Stormin08 08-13-2019 01:58 PM

even if doing an LS swap, i would be looking into HOLLEY TERM X...and i may still go this route.

Stormin08 08-19-2019 01:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Front wheel update, FINALLY received my 20x7 Coys, only took a year.

but that is the size i wanted...

Joseog83 08-20-2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormin08 (Post 8578631)

Love it!

SCOTI 08-20-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormin08 (Post 8578631)

Quote:

and i just received my new 20" front wheels from COYS (a year later), so once tires arrive... a set of 18x7 and 20x8.5 Coys C5 gunmetals will be going by-by...
So what rear size are you running?
Tire sizes?

Stormin08 08-21-2019 01:31 PM

so, back when i ordered the new fronts, i spec'd the same wheel only in 20"...

not saying it was their fault, but when they arrived, the order was referenced from my 10 yr old original order, and a set set of 20 x 8.5 showed up.

i decided to keep them and re order the 20x7, thus giving me 4 wheels in the end to sell, rather than 2.

current set up is this...
20 x 7 / 225/35/20
20 x 8.5 / 255/35/20

for sale soon (not now, and i do have 2 interested parties)
18 x 7 / 4.25 bs
20 x 8.5 / 5.25 bs

Stormin08 08-21-2019 01:32 PM

and, my new Dakota Digital HDX (black face) cluster should arrive today, pics should follow this weekend.

Stormin08 08-26-2019 01:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
cluster in place...NICE PIECE, my hats off to Dakota on this one.
never have been a fan of their digital stuff, but this is a super nice piece.

Stormin08 08-26-2019 01:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
it has some nice features, center screen read out looks good.
cant wait to use the performance screens...

Joseog83 08-26-2019 01:43 PM

Nice!! I just ordered mine today. Truck is coming along great!!

Stormin08 08-26-2019 02:10 PM

you wont be disappointed.

install has some quirks...you have to trim the opening for the factory harness behind the cluster, not a big deal, but i prefered to open it up a lot.

since i have removed most factory wiring, i used the factory harness and colors to bench build my harness and tie it all in.

i mounted the control box under the column, drop the ash tray and look left...nice piece of factory sheet metal right there. i then ran the cable for the gps over to the pass. side and set the gps where the factory ecm sits.

i really wish they would make the control cable about 5', then both could mount behind the glove box with ease.

Joseog83 08-26-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormin08 (Post 8582515)
you wont be disappointed.

install has some quirks...you have to trim the opening for the factory harness behind the cluster, not a big deal, but i prefered to open it up a lot.

since i have removed most factory wiring, i used the factory harness and colors to bench build my harness and tie it all in.

i mounted the control box under the column, drop the ash tray and look left...nice piece of factory sheet metal right there. i then ran the cable for the gps over to the pass. side and set the gps where the factory ecm sits.

i really wish they would make the control cable about 5', then both could mount behind the glove box with ease.

Awesome! I also got the BIM module to include air ride pressures so that will be another thing that needs to be mounted. Thanks for the info!

Stormin08 09-23-2019 01:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
well, here is the latest update...

the truck is together, has been driving great. so good, that i listed the old wheels for sale, and so much interest in the ONE pic of the truck (that said NOT FOR SALE, but could be)...it has led to the departure of the truck...

she left this morning for the new home just out side of Dallas, TX...a few parts still in boxes.

ten years of changes and enjoyment have now opened the door for another...love to find a clean Pace truck or White SS.

808_67C10 01-24-2020 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormin08 (Post 8597978)
well, here is the latest update...

the truck is together, has been driving great. so good, that i listed the old wheels for sale, and so much interest in the ONE pic of the truck (that said NOT FOR SALE, but could be)...it has led to the departure of the truck...

she left this morning for the new home just out side of Dallas, TX...a few parts still in boxes.

ten years of changes and enjoyment have now opened the door for another...love to find a clean Pace truck or White SS.

Sad but totally understand Look at my title block of (SOLD) trucks... and that isnt even a quarter of the toys I/ve had. I am looking for a RCSB myself. Tired of C10s but want to keep it old school!:metal: Cant wait to see what you get next.

Stormin08 05-05-2021 09:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
well, just give an update on this build...

it has reappeared in my garage ! mainly to tweak and go over some things that the owner wants completed or changed. it was let go with the AC not completed, and some of the wiring left unwrapped for the AC install.

so the following is/has happened... there was a mention of the truck laying over when trying to accelerate, we tried numerous phone talks to correct and diagnose...no luck. what i did find was a shorted out injector harness wire (all internal to the fitech unit). this short had melted the wiring and the injector plug into the injector body. fitech is sending an injector (our cost of 38$) and a piece of harness from a bad unit to repair this one.

repaint both inner fender wells (thinking about slosh tubs, but dont wan to cut anything), repaint core support, both outside mirrors (both have been hit), and the right rear lower bedside ( it has some contact damage)

then comes header back exhaust, i will be running true duals, probably down pass side to accommodate muffle placement, then tune everything accordingly.

just for the sake of saying and knowing...i ran through the dakaota digitial cluster and found a recorded top speed of 153 mph...i am guessing one of those runs was when i got a call that the truck was laying over and starved for fuel :)