The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   My Build - Old Blue EyeS (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=288637)

DaddyMack 04-29-2008 07:50 PM

Re: My Build - Old Blue EyeS

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 2699581)
That's the way I did as a kid, and still do on occassion.....you learn from challenges, hands-on, and screws up too.

Keep it up bro !!!

How was the weather there this past weekend ??

I did some of this stuff when I was 16, but that was about 30 years ago..lol.. just odds and ends in between, so my son and I am learning!

Weather was awesome. I actually was in Laughlin on Friday and Havasu on Sat and back in Vegas on Sunday. Had a barbecue at our local watering hole, and it was fantastic. Love this time of year here.

Joey~AP 04-29-2008 09:55 PM

Allsome, truck!

I want your steering wheel!

AllenKarber 04-30-2008 02:44 AM

Very cool!!

I love those wheels!!! I almost went with those,but I bought Coys C5.

283 Man 04-30-2008 03:55 AM

:metal:Nice truck:chevy: love the wheels.

Slowmotion 04-30-2008 07:27 AM

Truck looks nice. I hope to see it at some of the local shows before it gets too hot.

DaddyMack 04-30-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllenKarber (Post 2700206)
Very cool!!

I love those wheels!!! I almost went with those,but I bought Coys C5.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 283 Man (Post 2700357)
:metal:Nice truck:chevy: love the wheels.

Thanks you guys! I really like the wheels too. It took a long time to decide on the wheels. I wanted the old school look, but with a bit of a modern tint if that makes sense. I really like Chip Foose's designs, and kind of go after that look a bit. I didn't know how they were going to look because I got them off ebay., BUT I got a smokin deal and they even came with the chrome air fillers. I also wanted a bit bigger wheel without going to 20's so I settled on the 18's. My first choice was actually solid wheels with the moons, but the 18's I found were just too expensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slowmotion (Post 2700838)
Truck looks nice. I hope to see it at some of the local shows before it gets too hot.

Is there a list of shows somewhere? I wouldn't win any awards, but it would be fun as hell to attend!

Steven

Slowmotion 05-05-2008 06:08 PM

I don't get lists. I have several friends in car clubs that tell me the week of the show. This weekend the show is in Boulder City. I think that it's all weekend long. But it was going on yesterday for sure. I will PM you if you would like reguarding any future shows if you would like. Or you could join the Las Vegas Crusing Association. They publish a monthly newsletter with a lot of local cruise, and show info.

DaddyMack 05-05-2008 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slowmotion (Post 2708223)
I don't get lists. I have several friends in car clubs that tell me the week of the show. This weekend the show is in Boulder City. I think that it's all weekend long. But it was going on yesterday for sure. I will PM you if you would like reguarding any future shows if you would like. Or you could join the Las Vegas Crusing Association. They publish a monthly newsletter with a lot of local cruise, and show info.

Thanks, I would appreciate that... I will look into the club as well!

Steven

Slowmotion 05-05-2008 11:47 PM

Just got back from Boulder City and they have some nice rides out there. the show will go until this evening. Laughlin will have a large carshow next weekend.

DaddyMack 05-06-2008 07:03 PM

Thanks for the info! PM's would be great! I couldn't make it to Boulder yesterday... not sure about Laughlin this weekend... :waah: BUT I will make some for sure.