The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Welcome Area (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   I'm gonna pick your brains! (and your spare parts) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=338381)

LaraWilde 04-13-2009 11:17 PM

Re: I'm gonna pick your brains! (and your spare parts)

Bull bar? YOu must have very timid and gentle and sweet bulls over there.
We call that a nudge bar - designed purely to hold your spotlights on.

mmm now you mention it my insurance has cancelled me - I am blacklisted with everyone except Shannons - mostly from hitting too many roos on the bike.

I have hit as many as 30 in one night and that was when I was braking to miss them.

highperf4x4 04-13-2009 11:19 PM

You........................ can NOT drive my toys!!!!!!!!

LaraWilde 04-13-2009 11:25 PM

AAWWW Shucks don't be like that now.
and I thought we were going to be great friends

highperf4x4 04-13-2009 11:59 PM

I suppose as long as I'm doing the driving!! :lol:

LaraWilde 04-14-2009 12:04 AM

Don't let the fear rule you... take a deep breath, let them drop and climb in to the passenger seat.
If it is any consolation no one has ever died in the car that I was driving and I am immortal so you know that at least one of us will make it out alive.
Where is the challenge and adventure if you are always in control?
I noticed your little quote in your signature about passing cars - the challenge is passing the cop car and it is the reason you pass all of the other cars - if you quit then there was no point.

highperf4x4 04-14-2009 12:22 AM

I'm beginning to realize that you have different cops in Australia!!! :lol:

As for the passenger seat......... it's just not for me! I'm a control freak! lol If you must drive then we need to take 2 vehicles!! BUAHAHAHAHAHA :metal:

LaraWilde 04-14-2009 12:25 AM

Oh I think they are probably the same cops - different badge.
I feel the same way about the passenger seat. I recently had my licence suspended and did not cope well with the chauffeur concept.
I feel the same way on my bike - I have only gone pillion a few times and it is not the view I like.

highperf4x4 04-14-2009 12:30 AM

I only rode on the back of a bike once. That's not gonna happen again either!

I drove without a license for years in my younger days. The only thing I did more than work on my trucks was party. Add that to a problem with authority figures and you get the picture! :devil:

LaraWilde 04-14-2009 12:36 AM

Well I went on a road trip in November 2008 and got home in February 2009 to find a letter saying I had til December 08 to say if I wanted my licence suspended or to be on a good behaviour bond. Turns out I drove around Australia with no licence.
At the end of the day I only went for 3 weeks without a licence still it was hell.
Then I figured when I got my licence back I would be a good girl cause I didn't ever want to lose it again - so far I haven't done the speed limit I think.

highperf4x4 04-14-2009 12:44 AM

mm mm mm............. they got to ya huh? :lol:

I remember sweating every time I saw a cop car and trying to take some evasive manuevers! After I got that last driving under suspension violation, I decided to go take care of it. They raised the fine so high it was good motivation!!!!

Anyway, once I got mine back, I quit worrying about it. I can also afford alot more now than I could back then and a good lawyer can solve almost anything :metal:

No, seriously though, I'm a pretty careful driver. I used to drag race through the middle of town and I wouldn't even contemplate it now.

LaraWilde 04-14-2009 12:50 AM

When I got the letter I thought "how often do you get pulled over and asked for you licence" so I decided to wing it.
Then I got pulled over for talking on my phone with hands free (I have a whole soap box rant about the ridiculous law against using a phone while driving) and I nearly had a heart attack - talked my way around it though.
Learnt my lesson and won't risk that kind of stress again.
I have done half a dozen advanced driving and riding courses and I average 2000km per week and I know enough to know how bad I am.

highperf4x4 04-14-2009 01:22 AM

Well it sounds like you learned your lesson!! :tms:

:cong:

:four: