The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Squarebody Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Streetrod Farm Truck build..."the Diesel" (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=418169)

cayoterun 08-25-2010 08:52 PM

Re: Streetrod Farm Truck build..."the Diesel"

"She thinks your farm truck's sexy"!!!!!!-----I hope.
Neat build, I'm gonna' enjoy watching you put it together.
My vote: Don't paint it.
Cayoterun

Stitch 08-25-2010 08:54 PM

your vote and my vote makes two votes for keeping the original paint...;)

STOCKISH 08-25-2010 08:59 PM

I wouldnt paint it either. A little surface rust adds character! It will look like a whole different truck with the 20s on there. Looking forward to Saturday.

Stitch 08-25-2010 09:02 PM

you and me both...I can not wait...:D

Chionos GMs 08-25-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Hoe (Post 4157417)
lol no...I'm going to keep the original paint...I'm going to CLR the paint and then wet sand it and clear coat it...then later on it if I get bored with the original patina of the truck, it'll get painted the factory blue and white two tone...here's a pic of what the clr does...I just did a little bit to see what it would do and show yall a pic...I'm not done with it yet, it'll need a little more clr love but it did take a ton of the rust off already...lol

Oh I see interesting. Still a clr paint job would be cool :lol: Looks like a solid truck. Still jealous:metal: I will trade you my grandmothers cc dually, my golf cart and my bicycle for it! :lol: btw none of them run including my bike

Stitch 08-25-2010 09:05 PM

LMAO...the diesel isn't going anywhere...thanks for the offer though...I wouldn't be a half bad trade if the bike ran...;)

thirdstreettito 08-25-2010 09:59 PM

Yay finally a 6.2 build thread!(besides GMTGMT) Cant wait for it to start coming apart then back together. :) Good luck Fat Hoe!

Stitch 08-25-2010 10:21 PM

Thanks Bradley. I can't wait to get started on it. Gotta get some more parts and get the blazer finished which will take a day to do. And then it's f'ing on. :D

plans are to have it together and mostly if not all done by the fall Goofs. I'm gonna debute it there if I can get it done

thirdstreettito 08-25-2010 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Hoe (Post 4157657)
Thanks Bradley. I can't wait to get started on it. Gotta get some more parts and get the blazer finished which will take a day to do. And then it's f'ing on. :D

plans are to have it together and mostly if not all done by the fall Goofs. I'm gonna debute it there if I can get it done

Yes!

Chionos GMs 08-26-2010 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Hoe (Post 4157511)
LMAO...the diesel isn't going anywhere...thanks for the offer though...I wouldn't be a half bad trade if the bike ran...;)

Just needs a new pedal and back rim. Got hit by a car. The crew cab is a 6.2 just needs a water pump and 2 batteries. I have a plan to acquire it and leave it mostly stock but thinking of cuttin the bed down to a shorty dually. :metal:

Lookin forward to watching your project

STOCKISH 08-26-2010 07:56 AM

Bradley, you still have your 6.2 truck? Hows it coming along?

menace121978 08-26-2010 08:21 AM

nice job Chuck!! the coys are going to look sweet on there! congrats on the deal too!:D

Stitch 08-26-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1972SuperCheyenne (Post 4158129)

I think he sold the white truck unless he got another one. He was talking about building a land speed truck but I don't know what ever came of that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by menace121978 (Post 4158150)
nice job Chuck!! the coys are going to look sweet on there! congrats on the deal too!:D

Thanks Dennis. I cannot wait for Saturday. They are going to look really good on there I think. And the deal works out great. Josh gets what he wants and I get what I want. To tell you the truth, it's nice not having to figure out what to do with two truck that need to be built. I can concentrate on just the diesel now.

thirdstreettito 08-26-2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1972SuperCheyenne (Post 4158129)

Nope, I sold it. $820 for a non-running truck. I crapped up the fuel system. Then didnt have the money to fix it, I would've done it myself but I was still in school so I didnt have the time between school and homework. As Fat Hoe said, I am now going to build a Land Speed rear mount twin turbo 6.2 truck. Cant wait.

Stitch 08-26-2010 10:50 AM

I can't wait either. I'll defintely be following that

thirdstreettito 08-26-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Hoe (Post 4158336)
I can't wait either. I'll defintely be following that

Me too. But I'll be following with an empty wallet. $3800 for the tranny and $3000 for wheels and tires... then the rest of the build...

okieraptor 08-26-2010 11:57 AM

Do you know which Turbo that is?

thirdstreettito 08-26-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okieraptor (Post 4158417)
Do you know which Turbo that is?

Its probably a GM-5 or GM-8.

Stitch 08-26-2010 12:19 PM

I'll have to check on the turbo. It came off a 93 6.5td

palposity 08-26-2010 03:09 PM

Now I am getting jealous that I do not have a diesel square in my stable!

Stitch 08-26-2010 05:21 PM

Got a call from my wife Laura and I go some packages today. She said I got a package from blackbird which must be the rear disc brake brackets and 2 boxes from djm showed up from ups. So I guess that's the drop spindles and flip kit. I'll be sure to take pictures when I get to the house. I gotta work late tonight until 7 so don't expect them before then lol

Stitch 08-26-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palposity (Post 4158637)
Now I am getting jealous that I do not have a diesel square in my stable!

Go ahead and get one Charlie. You already have two projects what's one more. That's how I ended up with 5 dogs lol.

Stitch 08-26-2010 07:57 PM

Pics up soon. Eating dinner right now.

Stitch 08-26-2010 08:20 PM

ok here's some pics....first ones are of the truck hood that I washed last night with the clr...I didn't do the whole hood as you can see and I'm also not done with where I've started...You can definitely see where I washed it and where I didn't...I gotta go over the whole hood with it at least one more time...

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/y...oe/diesel9.jpg

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/y...oe/diesel8.jpg

These next pictures are of the parts I got today...:D...I'm a happy camper...

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/y...pindlesbox.jpg

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/y...lesflipkit.jpg

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/y...scbrackets.jpg

87 chevy silverado 08-26-2010 09:03 PM

its looking good