The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   OMG Honda door weatherstripping fits perfect no cutting required !! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=741910)

Precision Parts 08-11-2017 04:33 PM

Re: OMG Honda door weatherstripping fits perfect no cutting required !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximus (Post 7996446)
I just got into repairing my rusty floors on my K5, when removing the weatherstrip the sheet metal seam came with it!!! lol floors are going back in now, weatherstrip will be in my near future...

If you can wait a for months we will be releasing 69-72 push style Blazer door seals. They will be nice and they will fit correctly ;)

Derek

timski69gmc 08-12-2017 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Precision Parts (Post 8014447)
If you can wait a for months we will be releasing 69-72 push style Blazer door seals. They will be nice and they will fit correctly ;)

Derek

Awesome! This is just what I need as well. I don't recall which brand of glue in seals I used in my pickup. Would have much preferred push style.

Big Block 08-12-2017 03:23 PM

Quote:

Derek

Give us a heads up when it has been released for sale. Thanks.

Grumpy old man 08-12-2017 03:53 PM

You may as well drop a honda 4 cyl in too while your at it , and some back up cameras ,a bunch of led's and maybe drop it on bags mounted to a rusty frame and take it to the ground and hey why not hack out the dash and install a chinese stereo and amps with some boom speakers ? so you can't hear that fart can exhaust ? and hey some cheap aftermarket race seats would fit right in ? :lol:

I'll never understand the instant gratification generation ...:lol::chevy:

brian1971 08-14-2017 12:06 PM

Heh Grumpy old man If you have a better solution to the door seals post it here.

brian1971 08-14-2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volksworld (Post 7996688)
went to grab a set off a 2008 at LKQ today...the seal has an extra inner lip about 3/4 of an inch wide that covers the edge of the upholstery on the honda...not sure if it will touch the metal around the door frame ....looks like it may have 1/4 inch of standoff when installed....unfortunately the car i found had a light grey interior so this lip was grey 3/4 of the way around and black where it went under the rocker trim panel....so i guess these will only work if you find one with a black interior...at least it wasnt the only thing i went there for...

Volksworld yeah it will clear around the dash there are a few pics in thread,I installed the dark grey think they call them graphite.If I do find of set of black ones though I will probably put them in.
Thanks Brian

Grumpy old man 08-14-2017 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian1971 (Post 8016250)
Heh Grumpy old man If you have a better solution to the door seals post it here.

Original style glue in door seals have worked for 50 years , Do they require more work to install than say honda door seals ? sure they do , But it's the way it was done when these trucks were new and there is something to be said about using the original method and type seal . If your not trying to stay with the original style and look ...Honda seals may be fine ? :chevy:

'70_402 08-14-2017 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy old man (Post 8016311)
Original style glue in door seals have worked for 50 years , Do they require more work to install than say honda door seals ? sure they do , But it's the way it was done when these trucks were new and there is something to be said about using the original method and type seal . If your not trying to stay with the original style and look ...Honda seals may be fine ? :chevy:

With this ideology you should still be using an points ignition... are you? Cause why fix something that's not broken, innovation and an open mind are useless right?

Grumpy old man 08-14-2017 07:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE='70_402;8016462]With this ideology you should still be using an points ignition... are you?

:lol: On this 250 engine I am , And on one of my 292's but I did just find a Hei with divorced coil for my other 292 so I guess I'm guilty of upgrading parts too :lol:

snipescastle2 08-15-2017 12:04 PM

I found that "BMW 325i" door seals fit great,had to use a few to get the length I needed, but fit the pinch welds nicely, and fit under the sill plates as well.
Hth,
Ben
:metal:

Cmillet 08-16-2017 06:42 PM

Hey Grumpy Old Man, what if the new original replacements are made in china and the new Honda ones are made in USA? Just curious what you would do.

Grumpy old man 08-16-2017 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmillet (Post 8018075)
Hey Grumpy Old Man, what if the new original replacements are made in china and the new Honda ones are made in USA? Just curious what you would do.

:lol: I'd still put in the effort and install the original style glue in door seals , It's your truck install anything that makes you happy with it :chevy:

crakarjax 08-17-2017 01:11 AM

Anyone have a part number for the Civic seals? Wondering how much they are new, but cannot find them online.

crakarjax 08-17-2017 01:30 AM

Found it, ex 72310-SVA-A01 - $50 each

mrlobster 08-31-2017 12:03 AM

Put a set of Honda door seals on my 72 GMC tonight- fit was near perfect, just had to cut it and trim about 1.5" from its total length. The doors shut with just the right amount of effort- no slamming necessary!
I had a set of Precision push-on seals prior and the doors were near impossible to shut. They are a quality product, just didn't fit right for me.

brian1971 08-31-2017 08:48 AM

Mrlobster glad to hear they fit great,If anything on my 71 I wish they would of been a touch longer.I wonder if it depends on what year or factory door seals were made at.My were from a 09 civic.Thanks for the feedback.

jocko 08-31-2017 10:52 AM

I have yet to find original style glue on or the newer replacement press on seals that haven't required door slamming. So, personally, I don't care who makes it or what car it was intended for, if it works better than the new repro stuff, I'll buy it. Currently have press ons and they suck as many have noted. But I put those on because the original replacement glue ons sucked too. So, if you have used original style glue on type that don't require door slamming, please provide the exact part number and mfgr. In the meantime, I might be calling Mr. Honda. I'd be curious to know - if someone buys the Honda seals new how the door closing goes for you. Hopefully this isn't just a case of slightly used seals work fine but brand new require slamming. Very interested in this - thanks for posting!

EDIT - and since precision seals is a vendor here, I'd like to hear them address the door slamming issue that everyone is complaining about. It doesn't improve with time. That is what I currently have on my truck btw. I've manipulated the pinch weld to improve things as much as possible, but door closing is still pretty lousy imo.

Arnulfo 08-31-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrlobster (Post 8028813)
Put a set of Honda door seals on my 72 GMC tonight- fit was near perfect, just had to cut it and trim about 1.5" from its total length. The doors shut with just the right amount of effort- no slamming necessary!
I had a set of Precision push-on seals prior and the doors were near impossible to shut. They are a quality product, just didn't fit right for me.

Mrlobster, what year and model honda did they come off of? Thanks

Cmillet 08-31-2017 02:26 PM

I have a brand new one on the passenger side and a used one on the driver side. I can't tell a difference. They both work great.

Arnulfo 08-31-2017 02:29 PM

Did you use the part # provided by krakarjax for the new one? What color is new one? Thanks

HIGHWAY BY THE SEA 08-31-2017 02:56 PM

HMMM...I think that I may order some NOS ones for my 68...? What is the Honda year range again for these?

brian1971 08-31-2017 03:11 PM

There 06-11 2 door civic, has to be civic the other 2dr models don't work.

mrlobster 09-01-2017 12:55 AM

In Canada, new ones direct from Honda are $200.00 for the pair...$60.00 for a used set was much more palatable. I'm not sure the exact year, I just gave them the range and they pulled them for me.

davischevy 09-01-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Derek

Thread hijack;
I wrestled with your competitors windshield gaskets on a 72 'till I was blue in the face. I threw both of them in the trash and I finally found Presision and the windshield went right in.

End of hijack.

jfnar 09-16-2017 06:39 PM

Will seals from a 4 dr work? Are they too short?